Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor + Electrum = Connection failed  (Read 631 times)
kryptopojken (OP)

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:40:56 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 02:53:13 AM by kryptopojken

So I had an Electrum wallet on my Macbook that was linked to my Trezor. One day, after having opened the wallet, it urged me to update my Electrum wallet (it was a rarely used wallet so old version of Electrum). After I  updated Electrum, I got the message that the new wallet doesn't support this wallet type, and that it would save it as 2 different wallets? Something like that, can't really remember.

Now the problem is that after this, I can see my balance, but the wallet can't connect to Trezor and therefore I can't move my coins. I have tried to export, and tried to connect on my PC, but I get the message "Connection failed" when trying to send, and the Trezor icon in the bottom right is red.

I'm using Win10, with the latest version of electrum. Anyone know how to get it to connect? I have tried with Trezor bridge both installed and uninstalled.

EDIT: I have the latest firmware on Trezor, and it works without problems on trezor.io
EDIT2: I tried to go File-New/Restore and chose Hardware Wallet, but Electrum can't even find my Trezor, even though it works perfectly on wallet.trezor.io. Again, Windows 10

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:40:09 AM

So I had an Electrum wallet on my Macbook that was linked to my Trezor. One day, after having opened the wallet, it urged me to update my Electrum wallet (it was a rarely used wallet so old version of Electrum). After I  updated Electrum, I got the message that the new wallet doesn't support this wallet type, and that it would save it as 2 different wallets? Something like that, can't really remember.

Now the problem is that after this, I can see my balance, but the wallet can't connect to Trezor and therefore I can't move my coins. I have tried to export, and tried to connect on my PC, but I get the message "Connection failed" when trying to send, and the Trezor icon in the bottom right is red.

I'm using Win10, with the latest version of electrum. Anyone know how to get it to connect? I have tried with Trezor bridge both installed and uninstalled.

EDIT: I have the latest firmware on Trezor, and it works without problems on trezor.io
EDIT2: I tried to go File-New/Restore and chose Hardware Wallet, but Electrum can't even find my Trezor, even though it works perfectly on wallet.trezor.io. Again, Windows 10

Try the steps listed on the following page and see if they help resolve your issues:
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/2318
kryptopojken (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:56:11 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 09:17:25 AM by kryptopojken

I followed the steps. Now when running Electrum, it asked me to enter the password from Trezor, but after I did this, Electrum gave me: "Electrum cannot pair with your Trezor. Before you request bitcoins so be sent to the addresses in this wallet, ensure that you can pair with your device, or that you have it's seed... etc"

EDIT: All this started when Electrum Mac asked me to split my wallet into 2 wallet files, now I can't connect any of them Sad
kryptopojken (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:01:31 AM

I followed the steps. Now when running Electrum, it asked me to enter the password from Trezor, but after I did this, Electrum gave me: "Electrum cannot pair with your Trezor. Before you request bitcoins so be sent to the addresses in this wallet, ensure that you can pair with your device, or that you have it's seed... etc"

EDIT: All this started when Electrum Mac asked me to split my wallet into 2 wallet files, now I can't connect any of them Sad

Your USB cable or your USB port on your computer is going bad. Try it on another computer. You can have the same Trezor wallet with on mutiple computers.

No, Trezor works perfectly, USB cable/port as well. I can open other Electrum wallets, just not this specific one that was split into 2 when updating Electrum
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:08:34 AM

Your USB cable or your USB port on your computer is going bad. Try it on another computer. You can have the same Trezor wallet with on mutiple computers.

No, Trezor works perfectly, USB cable/port as well. I can open other Electrum wallets, just not this specific one that was split into 2 when updating Electrum

What do you mean the wallet was split into 2? Electrum shouldn't split your wallets as far as I know. Is that wallet a multisig address perhaps?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: