Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 06:20:15 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there Sells in my Poloniex trade history when I placed Margin Buys?  (Read 136 times)
kalapratik (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:08:00 AM

Hi all,
Hoping someone can help me understand the tidbits of Poloniex's trade history. I have searched on this topic thoroughly and was unable to find an explanation.
Hope it's something trivial you guys can shed some light.
FYI I have 5 years of margin trading experience in FX/Commodities/Equities... however I fail to understand why there are sell entries in my Poloniex's trade history when I have only placed Buy orders.

Details:
1. I placed a Margin Buy order for XRP/BTC on 23/06/17.
2. I did not see a position in Poloniex but I saw some Sells and lending fees in my trade history.
>> What happened here? Was the trade placed and liquidated immediately? I had more then enough collateral in my account.

I was confused and decided to give it another go. I placed another Margin Buy order for XRP/BTC on 25/06/17.
This time it worked, however, I see Sells of very small amounts in my trade history again!

I fail to understand why I have Sells in my trade history when I haven't placed any Sell orders. Coming from FX trading I would understand if the Sells were under BTC as it is the inverse currency pair... but why are there small amounts of sells in my history in XRP? These small amounts almost seem arbitrary.

Are the sells essentially debits for the loan I need to pay? If yes then why are the lending fees a seperate itemised item? I tried to reconcile these numbers but they do not match.

Here is a screenshot of my trade history for your reference: http://imgur.com/HRr7dUI

Your answers will be much appreciated as I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out Smiley

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: