Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:10:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC or ETHEREUM mining? GPU or ASIC ?  (Read 3894 times)
LUPUSINTUS (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:58:05 PM

So i'm new into it. I am going to invest 10k $ in mining. I'm interested which one is more profitable BTC or ETEREUM and is it worth buing ASICs ? AND WHAT IS BEST HARDWARE IN THIS BUDGET Thanks everyne in advance!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:03:51 PM

Paycoin!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 07:05:20 PM

If you are going to invest 10k USD then you should do some proper research yourself, there is plenty of information in existing threads.
I'm just saying this for your money's sake.

siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:15:47 PM

So i'm new into it. I am going to invest 10k $ in mining. I'm interested which one is more profitable BTC or ETEREUM and is it worth buing ASICs ? AND WHAT IS BEST HARDWARE IN THIS BUDGET Thanks everyne in advance!!!

10k $ is not a small amount, it is true we have to be careful in investing that amount.
This is an option that is not mudan, but if you read on another thread, maybe you can find the answer to your investment problem, or maybe you can invest in ico, if possible can help https://bitcointalk.org/index. .php? Topic = 1974313.0 see this ico thread

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:34:42 PM

Neither, Litecoin Smiley
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:28:32 PM

There are many answers to this question but one thing i am sure is that you wont profit that much with a $10k investment in bitcoin mining,so you must look for investing in alt coin mining,i am not sure ETH mining will be profitable after six months,lite coin is a good option as mentioned and check out the difficulty level of the other alt coins and make a decision.
iandoZ

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:54:33 PM

how do for mining LTC? what machine is the best?

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:43:41 PM

At this time you have 2 choices on new Scrypt (for Litecoin among others) mining gear.

Bitmain L3+ is more efficient, but harder to get due to frequently being sold out with preorders being in the multi-MONTH-ahead range and reliability seems to be a hair iffy.
 Innosilicon A4 - seems to be rock solid now that they got their software sorted out for it, but less efficient and RIGHT NOW sold out 'till they get their next batch of chips in.

Older used gear is still viable though, like the Innosilicon A2 (VERY rock solid units), KNC Titan, Alcheminer (these 3 are similar on efficiency, KNC best by a bit but also the least reliable).

REAL old gear like the Gridseed GC3355 based orbs/blades, the Silverfish, the Zeus, etc, are all currently viable but best make sure you get them CHEAP if you want a reasonable chance at payback on them.

There is a group that bought some of the pieces of KNC out of bankruptcy and are talking about creating a "next gen Scrypt miner" - but I have no hopes there, they would have been better off ignoring the KNC remains and NOT recycling the company name given the very long history of LIES and "excessive delays" out of that company, as well as their VERY VERY BAD track record on reliability when they DID get miners shipped.

The Alcheminer folks were talking about putting together a "next gen" miner as well, but they appear to have not managed to get the financing together to do so. I don't know if they've revisited the idea over the last 2-3 months of Litecoin price skyrocketing....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:26:05 AM

for ASICs, use bitcoin, for GPU, since bitcoin one is far less profitable, ethereum is better choice for mining. until the price of bitcoin rises to a higher point resulting the profitability is higher than ethereum, it is not recommended to mine bitcoin with GPU, electric company devours your bitcoin.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 628

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:02:01 AM

Would really depend on your interest if you do like to mine bitcoin or altcoin since you do mention two kinds of miners which is ASIC and GPU. Knowing that GPU cant mine bitcoin alone because it cant really solve the hashes thats why bitcoin mining do really need asic miners and as far as i know antminer s9 do cost $2300+ (correct me if im wrong) and mining with ETH then i would suggest gtx 1080 would be the best gpu for me setting up rigs will be somehow cheaper and also you can mine other coins not only ETH.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Abricotier

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:46:34 AM

You should definitely choose GPU mining. ASICs have a relatively low lifetime, while GPUs that are aged one or two years are still in use, because they can be used to mine any algorithm, but of course with different efficencies.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: