Print  
Author Topic: Up!!!  (Read 3522 times)
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:40:55 PM

Liquidated my short position at $110. This is big and I'm a bull now.

Uh... the price hasn't followed the news for a month...

There wasn't any real news for a month. This is real news. Price already up 2% in a matter of hours.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:46:49 PM

There was plenty of news, good and bad.

2% is nothing compared to the daily volatility.
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:52:25 PM

There was plenty of news, good and bad.

2% is nothing compared to the daily volatility.

Plenty of news about Bitcoin, sure. But contrary to popular belief most already know about it. The news does not cover anything big that happened in Bitcoin.

CoinLab's lawsuit was news, and was when I took out my short (and sure enough, CoinLab's news brought price down).

This is the only real good news we've had in a month or so.
jinni

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:55:15 PM

Except Bitcoin on a 30-min Chinese government CCTV-2 report.
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:58:12 PM

When the Coinlab news broke, the price was already going down.

The fabulous coverage of Bitcoin at Techcrunch wasn't a good news for you?

What about the China half hour report and the following 25k Bitcoin-Qt download?
jinni

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:00:30 AM

25k Bitcoin-Qt download?

You mean 50k Bitcoin-Qt download, right?
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:01:31 AM

Should have mentioned in 24h  Cheesy
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:46:18 AM

What? The price is a Bitcoin new barometer.
The only constant I've seen, in 3 years is Bitcoin can be used as a medium of exchange, and it won't inflate past 21Milion. 

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:48:09 AM

Except Bitcoin on a 30-min Chinese government CCTV-2 report.

That isn't news. Nothing "new" was covered in the report. Most people already know about Bitcoin, and the report is unlikely to do much.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:15:22 AM

partly do to me... keep buying them daily on there. but it does take a week to prosses so buy for the long not the short.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:17:11 AM

^^This. People just aren't trading on news, at least not like they used to (probably a good thing, though.)

The recent bumps and dumps we've had have only been loosely related to news stories happening at the time; we've seen a pretty steady press saturation so press doesn't have the impact it once did.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:13:37 AM

Where were you shorting?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:38:32 AM

Where were you shorting?

how do you not know this already?

Bitfinex.com

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:45:34 AM

This got me thinking, (a trend reputing itself) in 2011 /12 I stopped watching the price and just focused on the economic principles (and the news) at play in Bitcoin.

Every now and then I would have an overwhelming urge to invest, and I would check out the market and make my call, it worked well (well not great, just well, ultimately I called bubble around $13, otherwise life would have changed.)

So my thought, I haven't found myself price watching now for a few weeks, and just reading the news, and I have occasionally thought now this story is bullish but like PayPal CEO John Donaho, mentioning Bitcoin, and have just looked to see if it has an impact on the price, and yes, it sure does, up 30-40%, or Bitcoin foundation members suing each other, and secure enough its down, or China publishing news on Bitcoin and sure enough it is up.

This news (Coinbase) to me is the biggest, it implies more infrastructure, so yes short term bull trap in a bear market, but this is looking strong for long-term growth. 

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
fourkey2001

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:51:16 AM

This got me thinking, (a trend reputing itself) in 2011 /12 I stopped watching the price and just focused on the economic principles (and the news) at play in Bitcoin.

Every now and then I would have an overwhelming urge to invest, and I would check out the market and make my call, it worked well (well not great, just well, ultimately I called bubble around $13, otherwise life would have changed.)

So my thought, I haven't found myself price watching now for a few weeks, and just reading the news, and I have occasionally thought now this story is bullish but like PayPal CEO John Donaho, mentioning Bitcoin, and have just looked to see if it has an impact on the price, and yes, it sure does, up 30-40%, or Bitcoin foundation members suing each other, and secure enough its down, or China publishing news on Bitcoin and sure enough it is up.

This news (Coinbase) to me is the biggest, it implies more infrastructure, so yes short term bull trap in a bear market, but this is looking strong for long-term growth. 

I doubt. Once the US Feds deregulate it without any warning.. BTC will go to zero to a penny!

USA will now way have 1 BTC = 100US$

They would want 1 US$ = 100 BTC << REALITY!!
Ares

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:22:43 AM

I doubt. Once the US Feds deregulate it without any warning.. BTC will go to zero to a penny!

USA will now way have 1 BTC = 100US$

They would want 1 US$ = 100 BTC << REALITY!!

First you call the OP fake news. Then this. Just go...
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:25:58 AM

Another:

Bitcoin Startups Begin to Attract Real Cash
TECHNOLOGY May 7, 2013, 6:07 p.m. ET

Venture Investors Pour in Millions, Adding Credibility to Internet Virtual Currency; Regulation Looms as a Concern

By SARAH E. NEEDLEMAN and SPENCER E. ANTE

Bitcoin startups are beginning to raise sizable investment capital even as industry leaders warn that hackers are abusing the Internet virtual currency for profit.

In the past year, fledgling businesses Coinbase Inc., Coinsetter Inc. and CoinLab Inc. have raised millions of dollars collectively from prominent venture-capital firms and angel investors, adding credibility to a digital currency that isn't backed by a central bank.

[...]

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323687604578469012375269952.html
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:26:38 AM

This is exactly like oil speculation except oil companies manage to bump up the price constantly.

Needless to say this is pure speculation and nothing else. Look at the market right now.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:34:15 AM

This is exactly like oil speculation except oil companies manage to bump up the price constantly.

Needless to say this is pure speculation and nothing else. Look at the market right now.

People with five million dollars don't dump it into companies which are supported by speculation alone.  Period.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:48:03 AM

People with five million dollars don't dump it into companies which are supported by speculation alone.  Period.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I was referring to OPs price claim. The second line I mean. The first was a generality towards the majority of the speculation board.

and in BTCs case aren't the people with five million dollars able to play with the price to their hearts content?

I mean no disrespect Sensei. I have much to learn from those more experienced than I.

Edit: if you were talking about oil companies well thats self explanatory. Monopolies and all that jazz.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: