Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Up!!!  (Read 3522 times)
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:56:29 AM

This is exactly like oil speculation except oil companies manage to bump up the price constantly.

Needless to say this is pure speculation and nothing else. Look at the market right now.

People with five million dollars don't dump it into companies which are supported by speculation alone.  Period.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I was referring to OPs price claim. The second line I mean. The first was a generality towards the majority of the speculation board.

and in BTCs case aren't the people with five million dollars able to play with the price to their hearts content?

I mean no disrespect Sensei. I have much to learn from those more experienced than I.

Ahh.

But no - I don't think five mill is enough to totally control the market.  In fact, I suspect that some of the whales are getting fucked.  The bitcoin people with their new wealth do stuff that experienced speculators would never expect.  It must be frustrating to a professional in this market.  I have no sympathy.

I learn more every day here - I just wish I was better at unlearning.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:59:19 AM

This is the only real good news we've had in a month or so.

Except Bitcoin on a 30-min Chinese government CCTV-2 report.

A TV report is not news.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:04:28 AM

This is exactly like oil speculation except oil companies manage to bump up the price constantly.

Needless to say this is pure speculation and nothing else. Look at the market right now.

People with five million dollars don't dump it into companies which are supported by speculation alone.  Period.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I was referring to OPs price claim. The second line I mean. The first was a generality towards the majority of the speculation board.

and in BTCs case aren't the people with five million dollars able to play with the price to their hearts content?

I mean no disrespect Sensei. I have much to learn from those more experienced than I.

Ahh.

But no - I don't think five mill is enough to totally control the market.  In fact, I suspect that some of the whales are getting fucked.  The bitcoin people with their new wealth do stuff that experienced speculators would never expect.  It must be frustrating to a professional in this market.  I have no sympathy.

I'm absorbing as much as I can as well. In my case, I learn fast, discarding is easy and have suburb instincts and sense. BUT, there is one thing hampering me.

Bad luck. I'm still bleeding because of missing the mark by 50 cents. fml

Anyways I don't know what to think about the whales. I mean, those 1000 sell order walls, this and that. I really hate the idea of rich pricks gaming the market while screwing everyone else.
BTC Books

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:10:09 AM

This is the only real good news we've had in a month or so.

Except Bitcoin on a 30-min Chinese government CCTV-2 report.

A TV report is not news.

I don't think he meant that the TV report was news.

I think he meant that the existence of the report itself was the news, regardless of its content.

Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:10:45 AM

People with five million dollars don't dump it into companies which are supported by speculation alone.  Period.

Ahh.

But no - I don't think five mill is enough to totally control the market.  In fact, I suspect that some of the whales are getting fucked.  The bitcoin people with their new wealth do stuff that experienced speculators would never expect.  It must be frustrating to a professional in this market.  I have no sympathy.

I'm absorbing as much as I can as well. In my case, I learn fast, discarding is easy and have suburb instincts and sense. BUT, there is one thing hampering me.

Anyways I don't know what to think about the whales. I mean, those 1000 sell order walls, this and that. I really hate the idea of rich pricks gaming the market while screwing everyone else.

If you learn how to predict the whale behaviors you can ride their tails and make some money along with them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BTC Books

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:19:11 AM

I don't worry about it any more.  And really, if it wasn't for the whales right now, bitcoin would be much, much smaller - and growing much more slowly.  They'll get their fiat dollars and then they'll go away to the next thing, for the most part:  looking for the adrenaline pump they feed on.

But in the long run, we'll get the things that bitcoin is for.

Fair trade.

Aristotle

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:37:04 AM

In the grand scheme of things, this doesn't seem like much to me. At $110/BTC, $12 million dollars worth of BTC are mined per month.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:41:33 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 12:29:31 PM by elux

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2359385547001/

Charlie Munger, on Bitcoin: "I think it's rat poison."

Bill Gates, on Bitcoin: "I think it's a technical tour de force."

Warren Buffett, on Bitcoin: "I think either Charlie or Bill is right."

seldon

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:30:39 AM

Bill Gates, on Bitcoin: "I think it's a techno tour de force."

Host: "Do you understand it?"

Charlie Munger: "No, but..."
crumbcake

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:32:20 PM

Warren Buffett, on Bitcoin: “I’ll put it this way, of our $US49 billion we haven’t moved any of it to Bitcoin" (WSJ Blog)
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:02:09 PM

Usually the cognitive dissonance created when someone believes they are smart and skilled and are faced with the reality of failure or bad decisions is solved in the brain by blaming it on "bad luck".  Don't be that guy dude.

Maybe next time spread your asks and bids out a bit so that you incrementally buy on the dips and sell on the rises in price.

Either TA is bunk and all of trading for Alpha is luck, in which case your instincts and sense is a moot issue, or it isn't and your instinct and sense will win out long-term and no "bad luck" will keep you from profiting long-term.

I've made money in my trades so far, but I'm not convinced it's due to any sort of superior tactics but most likely just luck.  I'll need a much longer history of trading to get a better feeling for how well my strategies are working out.

We had a dip to 98 yesterday where I was able to get back in for a small BTC profit, I'd be surprised if we didn't get another opportunity like that or better in the near future.  Good luck man.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:38:47 PM

hell yeah! Munger is correct. It's rat poison... poison for the rats. These bankster rats.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:25:52 PM

BTC Books

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:35:33 PM

You forgot this:

1.    United States    0%    0%    3%    9%    0%    2%    37%    928,407
2.    China    0%    0%    1%    2%    0%    1%    65%    258,086
3.    Germany    0%    0%    4%    6%    0%    1%    31%    206,545

China in second place now...

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: