Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be on the Peter Schiff Show 2011-06-20 at 10AM EDT  (Read 7323 times)
frozen (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:17:52 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 04:42:01 AM by frozen

Peter will be talking with "Donald Norman" of the "Bitcoin Consultancy" http://bitcoinconsultancy.com

http://www.schiffradio.com

I am a big fan of Peter and up until recently I listened to all of his shows. I've never heard of "Donald Norman" or "Bitcoin Consultancy" before. Can anyone tell me about this person and/or this company?

Tune into the show and be sure to call in to correct any misconceptions.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:31:55 AM

Peter Schiff is a well known Austrian economist with a damn good track record of predictions.  He's ran for Congress in the past.  If Peter Schiff even hints at having put any significant amount of his own funds into Bitcoin, there is going to be a major rally regardless of the issues at MtGox.  He also knows this about himself, so odds are good that he will not make any obvious moves towards Bitcoin.  If he thinks poorly of Bitcoin, he will say so, and then the trade value is going to drop for some time.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:33:27 AM

Thanks for the info!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
blendergasket

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:37:07 AM

I reckon I'm going to be asleep but I'd love to hear this one. if anyone records it would they mind posting a link to it on this forum?

Many advanced thanks.
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:37:18 AM

Interesting indeed. Hopefully Schiff takes the stance that Ron Paul would: allow competing currencies. FWIW, met Schiff at a book signing. Cool guy. Very serious.
frozen (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:37:36 AM

Peter Schiff is a well known Austrian economist with a damn good track record of predictions.  He's ran for Congress in the past.  If Peter Schiff even hints at having put any significant amount of his own funds into Bitcoin, there is going to be a major rally regardless of the issues at MtGox.  He also knows this about himself, so odds are good that he will not make any obvious moves towards Bitcoin.  If he thinks poorly of Bitcoin, he will say so, and then the trade value is going to drop for some time.

Oops! In my original post, I said that I had never heard of this person or site before.. but I forgot that I had mentioned two people and two sites! I am well aware of Peter Schiff and his radio show! I am a big fan, and up until recently I had been listening to every show. When I said that I had never heard of this person or site before, I was referring to "Donald Norman" and this Bitcoin Consultancy.

I am concerned about whether this person is the best person for Peter to conduct an interview with, because I've never heard of him!

Oh, and, Peter actually ran for Senate.

frozen (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:40:40 AM

I reckon I'm going to be asleep but I'd love to hear this one. if anyone records it would they mind posting a link to it on this forum?

Many advanced thanks.

If you go to http://www.schiffradio.com you'll see that you can download, for example, Friday's show. Tomorrow's show airs from 10AM to noon, so you should be able to get the MP3 for the download sometime after that, usually within a few hours. You'll have between 24 and 48 hours to download it before falls behind the pay wall. Although it isn't a very strong pay wall, there is a way around it.

done

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:16:43 AM

this will be a can't miss discussion
goldbit

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:29:24 AM

Schiff talked about bitcoin before. I did not hear the clip, but someone from one of the gold message board said he was NOT pro-bitcoin.
frozen (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:37:27 AM

I remember the first time bitcoin was mentioned on Schiff's show. It came from a caller sometime in February. The caller had more than one question, and he asked them all of them up front, one of them being about bitcoin. Schiff didn't address the bitcoin question at all, and the caller seemed to not realize this.

pokermon919

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:29:55 AM

Shiff bashed bitcoin before, he talked about it and said negative things about it like, no intrinsic value, its a scam, don't get caught holding the bag etc etc. I can already tell what the show will be like, he will repeat his warnings to not touch bitcoin. Especially after the Mt. Gox incident. Guarantee he will bring that up and will be bashing bitcoin. I don't know why but a majority of the precious metals community really don't like bitcoin. They don't understand the revolutionary impact it can have. I think its because they are focused on things intrinsicly and since bitcoin isn't physical they disclaim it right away.
noedaRDH

Activity: 182

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:46:19 AM

Shiff bashed bitcoin before, he talked about it and said negative things about it like, no intrinsic value, its a scam, don't get caught holding the bag etc etc. I can already tell what the show will be like, he will repeat his warnings to not touch bitcoin. Especially after the Mt. Gox incident. Guarantee he will bring that up and will be bashing bitcoin. I don't know why but a majority of the precious metals community really don't like bitcoin. They don't understand the revolutionary impact it can have. I think its because they are focused on things intrinsicly and since bitcoin isn't physical they disclaim it right away.

Dinosaurs still roam the Earth, despite what they teach you in school.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
libertyzeal

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:01:18 AM

I've been a Peter Schiff fan for years, so I'll definitely be looking forward to this. I just hope Peter gives bitcoin a fair shake, it's a non-trivial thing to explain, especially to non-technical people, but what won me over (I was extremely skeptical of bitcoin early on) was that it exhibits most of the properties that have made gold the best medium of exchange historically.

If you truly understand what bitcoin is, it's hard to like gold and not like bitcoin, because they are essentially valuable for all the same reasons.
Travis

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:06:31 AM

Hmmm. Well I'll be tuning in to this show, interested to see what he has to say even if its negative. But I don't understand why this "intrinsic value" concept seems so prevalent, I thought it had no basis in the Austrian school at all. Maybe its just because gold and silver are obviously so much safer. Yeah, Bitcoin is a lot more speculative than gold and silver, so what, that isn't reason enough to bash it. I'm more interested to hear his thoughts as an Austrian thinker than I am his thoughts as an investment broker.
Valhalla1

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:09:45 AM

I'd guess he'll be anti-bitcoin.  For one, he sells precious metals and would rather his listeners buy the gold and silver he sells than bitcoins.  Secondly, he's been on a sort of scam hunt of late, calling out pump-and-dumpers like the National Inflation Association, and might be wanting to add bitcoin to his 'scam list'
blendergasket

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:43:41 AM

Many advanced thanks.

If you go to http://www.schiffradio.com you'll see that you can download, for example, Friday's show. Tomorrow's show airs from 10AM to noon, so you should be able to get the MP3 for the download sometime after that, usually within a few hours. You'll have between 24 and 48 hours to download it before falls behind the pay wall. Although it isn't a very strong pay wall, there is a way around it.

Thanks for that! I'll definitely download it.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:31:00 PM

Coming up now, live! After commercials!

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
frozen (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:31:34 PM

Schiff called it bitcom near the beginning of the show. He corrected himself after the commercial. But he's describing Donald Norman as being the founder of the bitcoin "concept."

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:38:28 PM

Bitcoin Consultancy are the guys behind britcoin.co.uk - they are members of this forum and I've contacted them, hopefully they'll introduce themselves here.
libertyzeal

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:39:20 PM

Here we go, Peter is saying that bitcoin doesn't have any intrinsic value.. this is the point where this Norman guy needs to hit a home run and sounds like he's striking out =(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: