Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:09:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition at Change.org to get Amazon to accept Bitcoin.  (Read 307 times)
pt (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:44:02 PM

There is a petition set up on change.org to get Amazon to accept Bitcoin. This would be a major step in making Bitcoin more mainstream. If people not using BTC seen they were able to use it on Amazon it would help it become more accepted. As of posted 3,700+ have signed it.

https://www.change.org/p/jeff-bezos-amazon-com-should-accept-bitcoin-and-litecoin-cryptocurrency-as-payment-methods-asap

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:00:35 PM

This is s good step and I am glad to see you showing your support along with others but what exactly is a petition going to do ? I mean do they work ? How successful are they if they do work ? How would they though why will amazing take notice ? I'm not trying to put you down I just want to know. I think it's interesting I've never seen the results of these partitions and I often wonder what happens with them ?

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:06:19 PM

Vote with your money

If amazon.com don't want your BTC, don't give it to them, get the same items from a business that does

Vires in numeris
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:09:51 PM

I don't think that these petitions in Change.org holds any significance. Amazon is not legally bound to accept Bitcoin, even if the petition manages to get 10 million signatures (that said, the target of the current petition is just 5,000 signatures). Amazon is a private company, and they have the freedom to accept whatever payments they want. You can't force them to accept BTC, if they are not interested in it.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:13:28 PM

I don't think that these petitions in Change.org holds any significance. Amazon is not legally bound to accept Bitcoin, even if the petition manages to get 10 million signatures (that said, the target of the current petition is just 5,000 signatures). Amazon is a private company, and they have the freedom to accept whatever payments they want. You can't force them to accept BTC, if they are not interested in it.
I think online petitions are useless in general.   Getting Amazon to take bitcoin is a good thing, but this is the wrong way to go about it.   People who are interested in that need to flood Amazon's corporate offices with letters and emails.   They may come around eventually.
pt (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:25:01 PM

That's exactly what this does. Instead of multiple people sending emails and letters this is sent to them from a large group of people. Face it if a CEO sees a large group of people with MONEY not using them they will take notice. The more the CEO sees the word Bitcoin come across there desk the better it is for the community as a whole. If they are missing out on cash they will take notice.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: