Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else think "long term" hodlers are idiots?  (Read 27225 times)
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:37:38 PM

My brother both 20 btc for 22 dollars couple of years ago and forget that he got them. Few months ago I talked to him about btc and my activity on this forum and price of bitcoin today. He was shocked, checked his wallet and pleasantly surprised. Now he got little less than 60 thousand dollars. Worked great for him, definitely not an idiot. Me, I am young in this story, equally spending and saving and hope to have some benefits from it in the future.

Couple of years ago? The price high for 2015 was about around $430 and price low was around $215. How is that possible that your brother both BTC20 for $22? Are you trolling here?

To OP, looks like your holding didn't go well. It's more like being an idiot if anyone will think that bitcoin is not good for long term holding. Trying to create a panic? It's impossible. To create a FUD you need to shake the market.
Did you make fun of him by typing both instead of bought or what mate you both are the same? anyways if holding was what idiots do then

I'm sure Satoshi should be feeling like a moron right now, but hey look at him, has billions of dollars just by holding, I suspect OP has lost some

Money because of the drop in price, but there is no need to panic you idiot just hold and enjoy when we reached $3000 in the coming week.

Auto typing mistake(both). Can happened. Yes 2015 price you said. I have never said what year, I said couple of years ago. I think that year was 2010...

To most English speakers "a couple of years " usually means two years, more or less.

To me what is more idiotic is trying to buy the bottoms and short the peaks.

You attack people when you can't even type properly.  Is that a "member" account, lol, good luck.  If you were so smart, then perhaps you would be posting something besides negative information, and perhaps you would have fewer questions in your other threads and other accounts. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:42:35 PM

My brother both 20 btc for 22 dollars couple of years ago and forget that he got them. Few months ago I talked to him about btc and my activity on this forum and price of bitcoin today. He was shocked, checked his wallet and pleasantly surprised. Now he got little less than 60 thousand dollars. Worked great for him, definitely not an idiot. Me, I am young in this story, equally spending and saving and hope to have some benefits from it in the future.

Couple of years ago? The price high for 2015 was about around $430 and price low was around $215. How is that possible that your brother both BTC20 for $22? Are you trolling here?

To OP, looks like your holding didn't go well. It's more like being an idiot if anyone will think that bitcoin is not good for long term holding. Trying to create a panic? It's impossible. To create a FUD you need to shake the market.
Did you make fun of him by typing both instead of bought or what mate you both are the same? anyways if holding was what idiots do then

I'm sure Satoshi should be feeling like a moron right now, but hey look at him, has billions of dollars just by holding, I suspect OP has lost some

Money because of the drop in price, but there is no need to panic you idiot just hold and enjoy when we reached $3000 in the coming week.

Auto typing mistake(both). Can happened. Yes 2015 price you said. I have never said what year, I said couple of years ago. I think that year was 2010...

To most English speakers "a couple of years " usually means two years, more or less.

This is not rocket science and even though the forum is not the blockchain, you can be seen from every angle in the games that you play.

EpicFail

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:13:05 PM

You attack people when you can't even type properly.  Is that a "member" account, lol, good luck.  If you were so smart, then perhaps you would be posting something besides negative information, and perhaps you would have fewer questions in your other threads and other accounts. 

Huh? Why so defensive, I wasn't attacking. I was just as confused as freebutcaged - so much so that I went back and checked the 2015 charts.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:40:55 PM

I don't think long term holders are idiots.
I know people think that tonnes of cryptocurrencies are nothing but trash. But in reality there are dozens of useful ones you can stay hold long.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:29:43 AM

Funny how every time the market is in a recession and losers keep holding on to their losses they magically become "long term" holders.

God damn it, "long term" is such a stupid meme. Admit it, you wanted to get rich quick and once you realised you are too dumb to swing trade you suddenly became a "long term" loser.

Such idiocity.

You think Dan Balzerian held anything "long term"?

Long term is for losers.
Long term holders are not idiots they are just minimizing risk while lessening some profits, nothing more and nothing else, if you are talented you can make a lot of money in trading, but that is not for everyone.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:13:30 AM

Funny how every time the market is in a recession and losers keep holding on to their losses they magically become "long term" holders.

God damn it, "long term" is such a stupid meme. Admit it, you wanted to get rich quick and once you realised you are too dumb to swing trade you suddenly became a "long term" loser.

Such idiocity.

Long term is for losers.
Long term holders are not idiots they are just minimizing risk while lessening some profits, nothing more and nothing else, if you are talented you can make a lot of money in trading, but that is not for everyone.

Exactly, long term wise we all know that bitcoin as a cryptocurrency is going to revolutionize the way people think and use banking services. It's going to improve the world for the better. As more people join bitcoin and use it, the supply won't increase the way fiat currencies increase in monetary supply all the time. Therefore, the supply basically stays at the same level, whilst the demand grows, driving price up.

Long term is quite safe, because you're getting rid of all the short term volatility. Short term investors are taking on a much larger risk than long term investors, and will yield much less because they're focused on making $100 per coin, instead of potentially tens of thousands.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 06:13:11 AM

Long term is quite safe, because you're getting rid of all the short term volatility. Short term investors are taking on a much larger risk than long term investors, and will yield much less because they're focused on making $100 per coin, instead of potentially tens of thousands

I guess you don't quite understand how short term trading actually works

First, short term traders cannot possibly take on a much larger risk since their risks are in fact even less. Most likely, you meant to say that, in your opinion, they can only earn small profits, but that works the other way round in respect to risk specifically. Further, if we actually talk about profits and not risks, this is not even the case in respect to profits. I don't mention that buying on dips allows you to multiply your profits a lot better than simple and idle holding (that should be self-evident), but you don't necessarily need to follow just that strategy alone (so-called BTFD). For example, if you have sold and the price goes up, you can still buy back even at a higher price. In this case, you won't be any worse than a long term holder

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:54:20 AM

try asking that question to someone who long term held from 2011/12 until now. they would laugh in your face and then probably spit in it too.

Yeah, missing 2 obvious dips and buying opportunities. Ever heard about "opportunity cost"  - yeah, taht is what you get for being stupid and not seeing obvious DIPS

what you are saying doesn't make sense, because by your logic the same person also missed, fortunately, the opportunity to lose more than two time if he was to trade like you want him to do

by just holding with bitcoin you will ensure a big profit in the futurte, just by waiting the value to increase, and the value will increase
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:55:25 AM

Such idiocity.

Long term is for losers.

long term holding doesn't really lessen the profit though! it is still a pretty huge amount of profit. for example last year price was about $500-$600 and now it is $2500 and that is a 5x profit in a year. you can't say it is a small profit.

and besides, OP is confusing long term investment and holding with the HODL meme.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 09:41:39 AM

I don't think long term holders are idiots.
I know people think that tonnes of cryptocurrencies are nothing but trash. But in reality there are dozens of useful ones you can stay hold long.
Long term holding may also be the result of someone's belief in a particular cryptocurrency and such long term holders might be the staunch supporters of that particular cryptocurrency. They have faith in it and they like it because of the unique features it has. If the early adopters of bitcoin didn't have faith and didn't hold bitcoin for this long they wouldn't have been billionaire today. So long term holders shouldn't be looked upon as idiots.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 09:47:51 AM

Thing is you cannot be sure. All goes with probabilites. For sure, you can get a lot more trading and moving the coins instead of holding, but the probabilty of succeeding is much lower too.

Maskedman

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:55:55 AM

Long term is for losers.

Warren Buffet is only in long-term, and yet he is the most successful investor of our time.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:25:08 AM

Such idiocity.

Long term is for losers.
Yeah right long term holders are not idiots because they know the basic tools of holding and hold their bitcoin are using save in wallet as a investment ,more also they will decrease their risk threfore they will holding .Moreover, if they start trading there has a lot of chances to earn a lot of money ,you right but it will require talent to make money from trading.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:25:14 AM

Such idiocity.

Long term is for losers.

Admit it, you didn't catch the bull wave because you dumped too soon and you suddenly became a "short term" meme Cheesy

Just joking man. I think that always holding for the long term is not the best thing you can do with your coin, as if you can buy at the lows and sell at the highs in the short term and always have say, 50% of your wealth dedicated to bitcoin, then that would be the ideal situaiton. But purely aiming for short term trades isn't smart either, because you usually end up losing out on a lot of pumps because you dump way too early.

Long term wise bitcoin is always going to be up, it's going to be the safest option for any bitcoin trader if you're not experienced enough to see the patterns and trends in the short to mid-term.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:35:48 AM

Such idiocity.

Long term is for losers.

Focusing on the short term means that you're going to be affected by all the volatility. It's extremely hard to concentrate and make the right decisions when so many people are yelling at you to do one thing or another.

Long term investments not only mean that you're going to be able to realise the potential of what you invested in far greater than short term can do, it also cuts away all the volatility. If you invest in a good investment like BTC, long term you're going to profit. If not, then long term you're going to lose out. Short term is only useful for leverage which is extremely risky.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:20:55 AM

You could argue the same thing with that mate exchanging 30,000 or 300K Bitcoins for a pizza, that is

Some short term investment like never seen before Smiley.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:33:15 AM

You could argue the same thing with that mate exchanging 30,000 or 300K Bitcoins for a pizza, that is

Some short term investment like never seen before Smiley.

Well that's not really an investment. It is merely a trade, a quite iconic trade in bitcoin history as well because it is the first trade involving tangible items that are delivered in real life, for bitcoins.

Long term holders are definitely not idiots. In fact they are the smart ones.

Two examples that i have experienced myself:

- I bought digibyte when it was like 30 or 40 sats each, and sold at 50 more or less thinking that i got a great deal on it. Then a year later, i look at digibyte charts and it's at 1xxx sats.
- I bought bitcoin when it was $200, sold at $400. Again, thought it was a great deal, doubled my money right? After the halving i started regretting. Then look at where bitcoin is now.

Though always holding could be not the best option, for example if there is obviously a bubble then you should sell some off.
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 10:37:55 AM

no they are not, but it would not hurt to diversify to hedge your position into a few other alts.

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 07:19:36 PM

Long term is for losers.

Warren Buffet is only in long-term, and yet he is the most successful investor of our time

Though that doesn't mean that you or anyone else are going to be as successful

Warren Buffet is successful not because he is long term overall but because he certainly knows what assets to invest in. Obviously, if you invest in right assets, most likely it will be long term investments since anyone in his right mind would choose long term profits over short term ones. To put it differently, just going long term without knowing anything about the asset you invest in cannot be a recipe for success in and of itself. You will still be gambling and likely fail in the end

tabas

Activity: 2996
Merit: 735

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:58:48 PM

Yeah I'm an idiot and had already bitcoin when the price is only at $350 so I did hold it out because of people telling here that it will become higher soon. And I listened to those people because I'm an idiot and now the price of bitcoin is $2,400 something and it's even getting higher. Hooray for myself, an idiot.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: