Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:03:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the bitcoin run out?  (Read 5290 times)
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:45:13 AM

I think bitcoin will never run out because once it is mined it is mined already and no way you can unmine it, maybe 'when will the bitcoin goes useless or reach 0 value' is much better question.

No one can really tell what will be the future even though bitcoin is in the glory days. Maybe there is the best currency that will be invented that is more convenient than bitcoin and make it less value or even kill it, who knows.

Bitcoin will stay and it will be trashed unused when mined. He don't mean to say this like a water on a pond that will run out in summer, he maybe means run out when all the 21 million bitcoins we're mined but it is still in the far future. There are a lot of digital currencies that is made, but bitcoin is still at the top.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:48:21 AM

I guess it will not happen this year Smiley hopefully. Actually only Satoshi can answer that and if people continue on buying the coin and holding it for long then we are going to reach the limit of it since the demand will reach 100% that causes of run out of the bitcoin. But for sure this thing will never be happen because it will circulate in such times. So we do not need to worry. People is witty they can provide solution.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:49:29 AM

I think bitcoin will never run out because once it is mined it is mined already and no way you can unmine it, maybe 'when will the bitcoin goes useless or reach 0 value' is much better question.

No one can really tell what will be the future even though bitcoin is in the glory days. Maybe there is the best currency that will be invented that is more convenient than bitcoin and make it less value or even kill it, who knows.

Bitcoin will stay and it will be trashed unused when mined. He don't mean to say this like a water on a pond that will run out in summer, he maybe means run out when all the 21 million bitcoins we're mined but it is still in the far future. There are a lot of digital currencies that is made, but bitcoin is still at the top.
It will take a lot of years before bitcoin will be mined out because it is not that easy to mine and it takes a lot of power of a machine to compute the algorithm and get the reward as a bitcoin and even though bitcoin will run out, there is still a lot of coins to buy that has more potential in bitcoin in the long term because of its features.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:50:50 AM

i'm not sure but it will happen!

Hmm don't know but I don't think any one of us will even be alive to see it, simply Bitcoin is being adopted at a rapid phase, and I don't think that it shall end anytime soon, so for that matter I don't see Bitcoin death anytime soon, but then again there only 21 million Bitcoins available so once they are mined out, will determine what actually happens till then it's a wait and watch.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:54:41 AM

In what sense?

Sure I saw that final bitcoin would be mined in year 2140, so quite some time.

Other than that, you'll need to expand on your question.
Maybe this answer does he really need which he do pertain on when does the last bitcoin supply would be mined since he doesnt mentioned even more and we didnt know on what would he actually mean. Please do elaborate more so that people wouldnt keep on guessing on the answer.Smiley 2140 would be still long to worried about when we do speak on bitcoin supply.

I think you did not get what the comment you quoted above really means, right? Was it somewhat confusing or unclear?

Yours is, too.  Grin You may construct your sentences a little better the next time around for us to understand what you wish to point out.

Bitcoin won't run out. There is no realistic basis for it, at least for now. Miners gonna mine but bitcoin shall exist still.  Smiley
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:58:04 AM

Why will bitcoin run out? Bitcoin isn't consumable. It's a circulating currency, like Fiat. Bitcoin won't just disappear in thin air by itself. It can only get lost with human error.

But if you're referring to attaining bitcoin, yes. Bitcoin will cap at 21 million BTC. Which definitely won't happen anytime soon due to increasing difficulty in mining.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ichijou025

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:01:18 AM

Yeah. Next 100 years
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:20:51 AM

Hmm don't know but I don't think any one of us will even be alive to see it, simply Bitcoin is being adopted at a rapid phase, and I don't think that it shall end anytime soon, so for that matter I don't see Bitcoin death anytime soon, but then again there only 21 million Bitcoins available so once they are mined out, will determine what actually happens till then it's a wait and watch.
No one would able to witness it specially for us bitcoin users as of these years considering on the last bitcoin would be mined would be on year 2100+ which we cant really see it or witness it maybe with our grandchildren or sons would able to see on the last bitcoin would be mined but doesnt mean it would die since it does circulate on the entire chain which means it wont die as long there are users of it.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:27:59 AM

I don't see Bitcoin death anytime soon, but then again there only 21 million Bitcoins available so once they are mined out, will determine what actually happens till then it's a wait and watch.
When all the bitcoin are mined then the miners will profit from the transaction fees,either way it will take a very long time for that to happen in the first place,if you look at the miners revenue now then will be getting around 14 to 18 btc according to transaction fees for successfully mining a block,12.5 bitcoin as reward and the rest as mining fees.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:38:23 AM

Yeah. Next 100 years

I don't really get the topic because when you say bitcoin to run out, there are two things that is popping up in my mind. Bitcoin, eventually decreasing it number through time which is impossible to happen. Yes the number of bitcoin that is usable is decreased from the bitcoins being forgotten and deleted paper wallets but it is still used. And bitcoin being mined the remaining coins by the miners.
xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:59:49 AM

I'm not sure where you got that logic from but I'm pretty sure bitcoin is not running out. It had been mined since 2013, not really sure if that's the correct year but imagine if it has been mined that long everyday. It won't run out, I'm sure.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
h3nchm19

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:54:41 PM

The new mined bitcoins, the ones coming with every new block is getting halved after a certain increase in difficulty with time, to eventually starting to half from 50 BTC per block and decreasing every time, Therefore it will take many years and will never become 0 except after a million or so years.
si bungsu

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:58:41 AM

Bitcoin is a masterpiece that captures the attention of many people in this world. I think satoshi nakamoto will continue to maintain bitcoin.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:08:30 AM

In what sense?

Sure I saw that final bitcoin would be mined in year 2140, so quite some time.

Other than that, you'll need to expand on your question.
And where does the information that the last bitcoin will be mined in 2140? If you take into account that every ten minutes can get 25 bitcoins, they can be produced 21 million, and it is produced since 2008, it turns out that in the year 1 134 000 bitcoins are mined. That is, the time for mining bitcoin will be about 16 years. It turns out, it will be extracted until 2024, but no way
chloemar

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:39:14 AM

can not predict what will happen but we will do what we can to get Bitcoin. And it is maybe a reason why Bitcoin is still exist.
harimauagam

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:39:30 PM

I do not know when the bitcoin will run out but in the estimation it will run out in 2050 no more bitcoin in my opinion.

I have answered your question.
mariahh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:30:41 PM

I have not understood the question.How is it possible to run out the bitcoins?
I don't think that this going to happen, at least not in the near future...
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:16:06 AM

The Bitcoins max amount of Bitcoins is around 21 million. So in 2140 it should run out.   

Huh Huh Huh Huh In order to run out of bitcoins the number must go to 0, not 21 million.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:28:28 AM

Bitcoin will never end. Yes indeed, 21 million coins will be mined, but that does not mean that from now bitcoin will end. We don't even know how much Fiat currency is in circulation in our countries. This is reflected only in the price, and the currency lives its own life. So it will be with bitcoin.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:41:41 AM

for me i think bitcoin come out if the miners stop mining the coin or the dev's and investor stop supporting the bitcoin currency, i believe your question is very negative thinking because the dev's of the bitcoin currency not stop to continue the development about the decentralized cryptocurrencies so don't worry the bitcoin as of now is very strong.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: