Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I made My Bitcoins  (Read 1201 times)
anyroll (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:19:48 PM

Hello Guys, Im going to tell you today how I have managed to get over 500 Bitcoins through daytrading. I started with alt currencies, Litcoin was the one that made me the most. I bought about 20,000 Litecoins when they were only a few cents each, I almost forgot about the investment, until I starting going on BTC-E and saw how my investment had x20 in value  Grin.

Once you have a lot of Bitcoins its easy to make more, even buying low and selling high at extremely low increments can turn a hefty profit! So, advice for all those daytraders would be, watch the market, try to see what coins are getting lots of hype and the ones that just came out. I highly discourage any large investing in altcoins, because there is always the chance it can drop in value extremly fast and violently. Like this one alt currency I invested 300 BTC in right before it dropped 50% in value.....Whose name shall not be spoken of.. *feathercoin* But anyway, hope that helps you guys. Also, keep an eye out on the forums, I have a epic 10 BTC giveaway coming up Cheesy
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

Buy low, sell high. Genius. Why has no one thought of this before?

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
chaoticmark5266

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:21:33 PM

I try to daytrade on btc but I mostly loose coin doing so, the market moves so unpredictably.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:21:47 PM

Congratulations on your great achivements!
FocusMedia

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:22:47 PM

I thought about doing that, but the market didn't move that much when I was involved in it.
anyroll (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:26:53 PM

Congratulations on your great achivements!
Thanks!
iwannagofast

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:03:22 AM

Nice! how much money are you invested with?
anyroll (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:05:44 AM

Nice! how much money are you invested with?

I invested around 2,000$ at first Smiley
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:25:42 AM

It's a bit more to it than that. Like knowing what is high and what is low...

Congrats to OP.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
FocusMedia

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

Also, trading like this can make you loose serious money if you don't sell at the right time or buy at the wrong time.
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:43:21 AM

If you already have stock trading experience, bitcoin trading is actually really good because of it's transparency, because you get access to all the order information, volumes etc, that normally for stock you would pay subscription fee's to brokers to get access to (well, in my country, Australia, anyway)

For example, you can see when a price drop is not supported by a high volume.. and you can see what value the highest qty of buy orders are sitting (thus, a price barrier that the currency is very unlikely to drop below). Once you understand the nature of trade, and are willing to put decent money in, then this is a very viable option for making money with bitcoin. But you need solid nerves.

digikaze

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:11:48 AM

Thanks for the advice
seniorcitizen

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:18:04 AM

Thanks for the advice.

What's the advantage to selling in small increments?
thepj

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:05:50 AM

Hello Guys, Im going to tell you today how I have managed to get over 500 Bitcoins through daytrading. I started with alt currencies, Litcoin was the one that made me the most. I bought about 20,000 Litecoins when they were only a few cents each, I almost forgot about the investment, until I starting going on BTC-E and saw how my investment had x20 in value  Grin.

Once you have a lot of Bitcoins its easy to make more, even buying low and selling high at extremely low increments can turn a hefty profit! So, advice for all those daytraders would be, watch the market, try to see what coins are getting lots of hype and the ones that just came out. I highly discourage any large investing in altcoins, because there is always the chance it can drop in value extremly fast and violently. Like this one alt currency I invested 300 BTC in right before it dropped 50% in value.....Whose name shall not be spoken of.. *feathercoin* But anyway, hope that helps you guys. Also, keep an eye out on the forums, I have a epic 10 BTC giveaway coming up Cheesy

Thanks for sharing! I have also invested a bit into alt-coins, and so far, what I have learned is that I am terrible at day trading :-(
Kiders

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:26:21 AM

That are some good results. i am planning on trading some BTC aswell. think ill use localbitcoin atleast to start with . or do u have any suggestions? sites with some information about BTC going up or down?
superkawaii

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:31:32 AM

thats pretty impressive dude congrats

i made my 1st btc purchase a few days ago

5btc @ 100used per xD

i hope i dont lose monies Smiley
esocid

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:14:50 AM

Nice, nice. I finally did my first in-person purchase. Went well, he even tipped me.
kalon

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:22:25 AM

Think I learned the hard way (not too hard, my investment was small) that it's best to not and follow the market too much and just set buy/sell orders only a few dollars from the initial order.

I did a good job of just loosing money on that last crash, selling just about at the bottom when I was expecting it to go lower. Oops.   Undecided

SuperBroHeroFella

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:25:06 AM

Nice, nice. I finally did my first in-person purchase. Went well, he even tipped me.

Even a tip is pretty nice. I also made local transactions as well, always nice to chats and very interesting people!
bitcoinminerz

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:41:58 AM

Cool
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: