Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] NIB Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight eReader  (Read 1178 times)
Lumpy (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:25:03 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 04:21:23 PM by Lumpy

I have four new-in-box Nook Glowlight eReaders. Three of the boxes are sealed; the other has been used lightly for just over a day. The used reader does not have any spots or tears in the light layer. Asking 0.90 BTC each including Priority Mail shipping in the US; I will sell the sealed readers first. I will also update this first post from time to time to reflect the changing value of BTC if necessary.

I've done a few sales here back in the early days (2011 craze), mostly game codes. I have no problem posting pictures or using escrow. If I don't get much of a response, I'm going to toss them on eBay since I have 300+ feedback and they should be easy enough to sell there.

PM or reply if interested, thanks!
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:26:15 PM

Buy now and you get a FREE READING LIGHT!  Wait, NO, order RIGHT NOW and we'll include not one but TWO FREE READING LIGHTS!

Lumpy (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:29:25 PM

Buy now and you get a FREE READING LIGHT!  Wait, NO, order RIGHT NOW and we'll include not one but TWO FREE READING LIGHTS!

So you're saying you'll take two? Grin
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:11:46 PM

So you're saying you'll take two? Grin
Not at all!

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:16:51 AM

Question, if the reader develops a tear in the light layer, is readability affected while the light is turned off?
Lumpy (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:20:50 PM

Question, if the reader develops a tear in the light layer, is readability affected while the light is turned off?

No. You would only see a tear/spot with the light on. Also interesting to note is that the earliest Nook Glowlights had more quality control issues (same with Kindle Paperwhite) and there are people who have had Glowlights for months with no issues. I'd recommend a case; B&N says not to use a screen protector. My guess is that if the anti-glare coating is scratched through, that is when you have screen issues. There have been reports that the screen feels different to the touch with the newer Glowlights vs. the older ones; I suspect B&N changed their manufacturing process.

I can send the newest serial numbers first. The Nook I opened is a "low" serial number and even thought the screen has no damage, I decided to keep for myself a "high" (i.e. about 4-5 months old) serial number because IMO the screen lighting was better.

It also sounds like B&N honors screen problems in the 1-year warranty.

With the overnight increase in the BTC exchange rate, price reduced to 0.90 BTC. For those who want to explore rooting options, you can't get a better e-ink Android device! Smiley
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:20:55 AM

are these still available?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: