Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:22:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Combine great ideas or innovate, everything else is just a scam.  (Read 758 times)
twelph (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:41:24 PM

Bitbar fills the gap of combining great ideas, MC2 will innovate.

Trustworthy Buyers: TTBit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:44:44 PM

Oh yes, 520 confirms to maturity is pure brilliance. Such innovation. They even used the word "bar" in the name instead of "coin". I can barely keep up with all the changes.

Move over, Satoshi!

twelph (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:48:45 PM

Oh yes, 520 confirms to maturity is pure brilliance. Such innovation. They even used the word "bar" in the name instead of "coin". I can barely keep up with all the changes.

Move over, Satoshi!
You forgot the inclusion of scrypt and POS. And besides, I didn't say that Bitbar innovates, try reading the things that you quote.

Vycid

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:52:18 PM

Move over, Satoshi!
You forgot the inclusion of scrypt and POS. And besides, I didn't say that Bitbar innovates, try reading the things that you quote.

Alright then. Bitbar combined the great ideas of NVC with... the name "Bitbar".

Hey, wanna buy my Bitbar? I'll give you 1:1.

twelph (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:55:01 PM

Move over, Satoshi!

More like combining Novacoin with Mincoin. And the difficulty/payout adjustment is interesting as well.

Vycid

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:04:41 AM

Move over, Satoshi!

More like combining Novacoin with Mincoin.

I could call Novacoin a good idea without bursting out laughing... its problem was the premine (something Bitbar faithfully copied). Mincoin, however, was and is a terrible idea. There's a reason FTC and CNC exploded and it didn't (and I'm still not even saying FTC/CNC are good coins).

While the mainstream is discussing using mBTC as the de facto currency unit, we've got knuckleheads over here making a premined coin with a block reward of 2. Notice LTC (the successful altcoin) is more plentiful than BTC, FTC even more so.

If you ask me, PPCoin is the only honest coin with a truly good idea behind it at the moment (besides NMC, which is merge-mined).

twelph (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:13:12 AM

Move over, Satoshi!

More like combining Novacoin with Mincoin.

I could call Novacoin a good idea without bursting out laughing... its problem was the premine (something Bitbar faithfully copied). Mincoin, however, was and is a terrible idea. There's a reason FTC and CNC exploded and it didn't (and I'm still not even saying FTC/CNC are good coins).

While the mainstream is discussing using mBTC as the de facto currency unit, we've got knuckleheads over here making a premined coin with a block reward of 2. Notice LTC (the successful altcoin) is more plentiful than BTC, FTC even more so.

If you ask me, PPCoin is the only honest coin with a truly good idea behind it at the moment (besides NMC, which is merge-mined).

Yep, PPCoin was definitely innovative. Was Bitbar pre-mined or instamined? I know whichever one it is, a lot of those coins are now a bounty for an exchange. So at least they are trying. Only time will tell if a store of wealth is useful vs being able to easily spend them.

relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:16:37 AM

That's why I'm a fan of BitBar... it does bring something new to the table through its combination of ideas. On the surface it doesn't win points in terms of innovation, no (Unless you count the 'bar' aspect - which I think was a smart play from a psychological perspective). It's better than a relabeled client with only the amount of coins changed. I think it potentially has some staying power.
rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:23:33 AM

That's why I'm a fan of BitBar... it does bring something new to the table through its combination of ideas. On the surface it doesn't win points in terms of innovation, no (Unless you count the 'bar' aspect - which I think was a smart play from a psychological perspective). It's better than a relabeled client with only the amount of coins changed. I think it potentially has some staying power.

+1

It's the only coin I'm currently mining.  Though, I have to admit a block reward of .13 just seems weird when all the others are much higher.

Consider that there are only 2700-something in existence, however, and the block reward makes more sense.
Vycid

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:25:34 AM

I am inclined to agree with you here, but ultimately it doesn't matter since FTC had an incredibly successful launch and BTB's was a trainwreck.

rbdrbd

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:31:53 AM

I am inclined to agree with you here, but ultimately it doesn't matter since FTC had an incredibly successful launch and BTB's was a trainwreck.

That's not to say that the coin may just take a longer while to mature. FTC produced a LOT of coins its first few days... many more people had a reason to support it right out of the gate. Bitbar, not so much. However, the network hash rate has been growing steadily and it is making progress on getting on an exchange. It could be one of those "slow and steady" kinds of coins.

I've seen the price of it drop a bit these last few days, but there have been more on the forums that have come out in support of it lately, with the folks against it more in the background. An interesting trend.
rbdrbd

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:35:43 AM

+1

It's the only coin I'm currently mining.  Though, I have to admit a block reward of .13 just seems weird when all the others are much higher.

Consider that there are only 2700-something in existence, however, and the block reward makes more sense.

I totally understand there is a low amount of coins in existence.  It's just feels weird.  I guess I've been 'conditioned' to get more of a reward per block.  If it makes it to an exchange it will be interesting to see people paying .01 per BTC (an example not stating the future price of BTB).

Yes, totally makes sense. That was one of the reasons CTC and FTC did so well. They 1) got coins in the hands of more people (who had an interest and a reason in pumping them up) and 2) had a much larger float. Seeing 1242 CNC in your wallet is much more psychologically satisfying than seeing 2.22 bars, although at current market values they're the same amount of bitcoin.
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:51:52 AM

I've seen the price of it drop a bit these last few days

That's actually a good thing. Getting it out of the hands of the hoarders and insta-miners increases circulation, increases the number of people seeking an exchange, and decreases the ability for a couple people to depress the price with a massive coin dump. The worst thing that can happen to a coin is people stop trading it.

Or the dumpers could be geniuses getting rid of worthless coin before the value drops to zero.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: