Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:50:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatically purchase of BTC or ETH at specific price on Coinbase?  (Read 653 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:27:30 PM

Hey guys...is there an option within coinbase to be able to set an automatic buy (or sell) order for BTC, ETH, or LTC if the price hits a specific price point?

I believe there used to be an option to do so.   I was going through the dashboard and settings today, and I can't find it.   You can set up re-occuring purchases (for BTC only), but I didn't see an option to place an order at a specific price.

I haven't used GDAX, but I know you can do that on normal exchanges (which Coinbase is obviously not an exchange per-say).  Coinbase is just the easiest for me since I am already set up

Or...if there isn't an option within coinbase...didn't someone create some sort of plug-in for their API that allowed you to set a specific buy order?

Thanks...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:06:05 PM

Why use Coinbase to begin with? There are plenty of alternatives. Coinbase has demonstrated to be a mess because they have frozen accounts due "suspicious activity". Pretty much all credit card transactions are potentially "suspicious activity" for them. I have never done anything wrong and my bitcoins have all been obtained in legal ways and I find it offensive that I get treated as a criminal by default.

Go into a proper exchange with an orderbook.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 05:21:19 PM

Why use Coinbase to begin with? There are plenty of alternatives. Coinbase has demonstrated to be a mess because they have frozen accounts due "suspicious activity". Pretty much all credit card transactions are potentially "suspicious activity" for them. I have never done anything wrong and my bitcoins have all been obtained in legal ways and I find it offensive that I get treated as a criminal by default.

Billy, this sounds a bit inflammatory without details.

(1) You'd help us all, especially the OP, if you share specific details of your activity so we know what Coinbase could consider "suspicious". I've used Coinbase for years and have never had an issue.

(2) What are the plenty of alternatives the OP should pursue instead? Without naming a few you don't get the OP any further down the road toward purchasing at pre-set buy prices.

To the OP, have you read this FAQ from Coinbase on placing limit orders? https://support.gdax.com/customer/portal/articles/2426596

A search on "Bitcoin exchanges that allow limit orders" returned Coinbase and Poloniex. Give Poloniex a shot if talk about Coinbase (which, to be fair, currently is experiencing a "minor outage") leaves you nervous.

keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:32:11 PM

Billy, this sounds a bit inflammatory without details.

(1) You'd help us all, especially the OP, if you share specific details of your activity so we know what Coinbase could consider "suspicious". I've used Coinbase for years and have never had an issue.

(2) What are the plenty of alternatives the OP should pursue instead? Without naming a few you don't get the OP any further down the road toward purchasing at pre-set buy prices.

To the OP, have you read this FAQ from Coinbase on placing limit orders? https://support.gdax.com/customer/portal/articles/2426596

A search on "Bitcoin exchanges that allow limit orders" returned Coinbase and Poloniex. Give Poloniex a shot if talk about Coinbase (which, to be fair, currently is experiencing a "minor outage") leaves you nervous.

Thanks...I have accounts with exchanges, but none that I have linked to bank accounts that I could just purchase right away like I can with coinbase.  I can always send bitcoin to the exchanges and set the price to purchase once the pairing hits a certain ratio.  I am more looking to purchase with USD rather than exchange BTC or ETH for other coins. 

But mainly, I was looking for something like "stopcoin"  that old plug in or whatever that used to make automatic purchases at specific prices.  I tried looking it up recently but they had shut down a while back. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: