Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:58:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC sudden price fall?  (Read 3539 times)
Frosten (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:11:52 PM

Yeah seems that a few has too much power and that's really disturbing
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:14:52 PM

It is not the new thing here. Bitcoin price is volatile it kept on changing up and down, I agree it is the time to buy more coins because price is low now. A big increase in the price of bitcoin is expected in the near future.
Kriptex

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:17:00 PM

I think it's all about uncertainty. It is almost certain that we will have segwit in less than two months, but people are afraid that later there might be a fork to 2 mb, six months from now. I honestly think it's very unlikely that this will happen.

I don't think fork will happen. If happens, we'll keep our bitcoins and one piece will die while the other piece starting to be stronger than current bitcoin.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:18:00 PM

I think this is just normal of Bitcoin.  The other week bitcoin was at this price then it goes up and goes back to this price again.  This is what we called high volatility.  Wild fluctuation that attracted lots of day traders since they can book big profit from this price changes.  I am surprised that OP is still surprise about this kind of price changes in Bitcoin.  And about ETH it goes down because it should since ETH had form a bubble and seems this bubble burst.
Frosten (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:25:32 PM

It is not the new thing here. Bitcoin price is volatile it kept on changing up and down, I agree it is the time to buy more coins because price is low now. A big increase in the price of bitcoin is expected in the near future.

But wont investors be more nervous the closer it gets to Segwit? Wouldn't that theoretical have a bigger impact?

Just guessing, the hard fork take over last time had a big impact from what I can remember.

I think this is just normal of Bitcoin.  The other week bitcoin was at this price then it goes up and goes back to this price again.  This is what we called high volatility.  Wild fluctuation that attracted lots of day traders since they can book big profit from this price changes.  I am surprised that OP is still surprise about this kind of price changes in Bitcoin.  And about ETH it goes down because it should since ETH had form a bubble and seems this bubble burst.

Yeah, well I'm not very active any more. I try to read up on the market when I have money to invest. Everything I have in BTC is very long term.

I have two roads
1. Buy now
2. Wait and see if the Segwit will have any impact
sarabanda

Activity: 835
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:26:30 PM

I agree,now is time to buy more bitcoins and bunch of altcoins Cool
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:28:03 PM

I guess FUD about august 1 is finally taking effect. There will be more of this as august 1 draws near. The upside is we can buy cheaper coins during this panic dump. And for long time holders, just hold on.
Frosten (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:31:17 PM

I guess FUD about august 1 is finally taking effect. There will be more of this as august 1 draws near. The upside is we can buy cheaper coins during this panic dump. And for long time holders, just hold on.

So maybe I should be cold and wait to buy more? I don't have a infinite supply of FIAT Cheesy Maybe it will drop more the closer it gets to Aug 1.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:05:18 PM

So maybe I should be cold and wait to buy more? I don't have a infinite supply of FIAT Cheesy Maybe it will drop more the closer it gets to Aug 1.

Not sure if it will drop more before Aug 1. Maybe this is temporary like what we always see when bitcoin prices suddenly went up. This is the usual case whenever it reached a peak and it will just steadily rise back up again.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 11:09:16 PM

But wont investors be more nervous the closer it gets to Segwit? Wouldn't that theoretical have a bigger impact?

Why would investors be more nervous about Segwit Impementation?  They should be excited about it.  A chain split means double your stash, one each chain, doesn't this mean more profit?

I have two roads
1. Buy now
2. Wait and see if the Segwit will have any impact

Definitely Segwit will have an impact, either it is good or bad is still out of our sight.  But I believe, segwit will definitely have a good impact on bitcoin price after all this rumors and FUD is cleared.  I would buy now from that two roads, actually I have some BTC here and waiting till after August event to move them.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:12:21 PM

yeah I think placing much deeper it could go down more as the trend is showing but for sure it will bounce back right after, better to watch out and see
what's aug 1 brings to btc value if its for good or for bad almost one month more bitcoin really unpredictable as it is.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:21:08 PM

I think this is just normal of Bitcoin.  The other week bitcoin was at this price then it goes up and goes back to this price again.  This is what we called high volatility.  Wild fluctuation that attracted lots of day traders since they can book big profit from this price changes.  I am surprised that OP is still surprise about this kind of price changes in Bitcoin.  And about ETH it goes down because it should since ETH had form a bubble and seems this bubble burst.

Exactly! It may seem shocking at first but we also need to understand that BTC is becoming popular everyday. The market may crash anytime soon but this does not mean that its value will completely change. These changes of its price fluctuates every now and then due to other factors determining its price. I also do think that this is a good time to buy one for investment because of its low price in the market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:26:48 PM

Yep buying more will be the best move now. The whole market is on a crash I guess. After this normal pump and dump scenario in the market of crypto, next will be the increase again. Again the price is up now at $2400 and its a very good rate after the small falling down in price.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:29:17 PM

If you check coinmarketcap or any site that list the 24h changes on different coins, you will see that every coin had a huge dump except for 2 (If we exclude Tether which is supposed to have stable value of 1 USD) and bitcoin didn't really get much of a price decrease compared to others. ETH in the other hard is not doing well, It's probably caused by the ICOs selling ETH for fiat to start the development and the network issues that they are currently having.

Yeah, it's happening when people cash out their funds from cryptocurrencies, even though a bit-large (4%-30%) decreases from some coins but bitcoin seems still hold its position, won't fall too deep obviously. On the other hand, ethereum price decline like 11.08% within 24 hours and people speculate some projects sell their eth, it make sense as many projects based on ethereum blockchain.
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:45:09 PM

Not sure if it will drop more before Aug 1. Maybe this is temporary like what we always see when bitcoin prices suddenly went up. This is the usual case whenever it reached a peak and it will just steadily rise back up again.
yes that is right it is just a temporary downfall and the price of bitcoin has to start increasing again, because still there is a lot of potential in the price of bitcoin.
Smolko

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:48:16 PM

Everything what spikes so hard has to drop sometimes - don't worry !

╓╥ ,╦╣▌"       ,╔╗▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▄▄╦╗,       ╙╫▌╗  ╔,
        ╔█Hj╫╝`     ╓▄▓██▓╨▓█▓Ü█Ñ`║█▓███▓▄w     ╙╝▀H╙█H
     ,φ ╣M ╓╓╥w  ,╗▓███████Å╨╙╨█▀╙╨▓████████▄,  ╓╥w, ╙Ñ ╗
     ╫█  ╝╝╩╨` ,▄██████▌░╣Ñ    ▓M `▀▓█▒░╚▀▓███▓. "╙╝╝M  █▒
  ╔╗ ║M,╗▄╫▀" ╔▓█████▓╦╬▄█▄╦╦╦╗█▌╦▄▓████▄▄▓█████╗ ╙╝╫▄╗,╙M ╗m
  ╠█H  "╓╥   ╔▓█▓██M    ▓▀     ▓Ñ║████████████╨╩▓▄   ╥░"  ╔█M
   ▀M╓╬▓▀`   ╫ÑÑ ╟▌     ▓H     ▓Ñ╫█████████████▄╙▓H  `▀▓▄ ╟▀
j▓╗  ``╓╦   ]▓w╫▓▓▌╓╓╓╓╔█╦╓╓╓╓╓▓▄╓╫████████████▓╦▓H  :╗w``  ╔▓
 ╙▓N ╔▓▌"   "▓╨``╫█▌Ö░`╙█░````"█Ñ`````▓▌"▓█████╨"▓H   ╙▀▓╦ ╬▓╨
 ╗╦` ``╓▄M   ╫Ñ  ╚████▓▄█H     ▓M     ▓Ñ ,████▌ ╔▓`  j▄,`` `╔╦
 ╙▓▓. ╔█▌    ╙▓φ.]▓███████▄▄╗.,▓N....╔▓░.╟███▓`,╣M    ╣█U ╓▓▓╛
   ╙M Φ╨╔▓H   ╙▓▓╨╜████████▓╨╙╙█▀╙╙╙╙▓▓╨╙╜██▀╙╣█M   j▓╕╙▀ ╨╨`
 ╫▄╦,  :▓█`    `╝Φw╙╣▓████▌`   ▓M   ╔▓`  ╓▓M,▄▌`    `█▓   ╓╦▄M
  ╙▀▓▌.j▓` ╗U    `╝╫▄▓███▓▓▄╥╥╥█▄╥╥╔▓▄╥╥╬█▄╬▀`    ║▄ ╙▓ ╔╣▓▀"
    ╓,,   j█▌ ╓,    `╝▀██▓▄╫▓░`▓M,╫▓Ü╫██▓▀"`   ╓, ╣█m   ,,╓
    ╙▀██▄, ▓M ╫█N ╦,    `"╙╝▀▀▀▀▀▀▀Å╨""    ╔╗ ╔█▒ ╚▓ ╓▄▓█▀"
       `""    ╙█▒ ╣█U ║▄,             ╓▄H ╔█▌ ╫█M    ""`
       ╚╫▓█▓▄▄,"` ╙█▌ ║█▓            ,▓█M ▓█M "`╓╗▄▓█▓▌H
         ``"╙╙"    ╙╨  ╣█H     Φm    ╚█▌  ╨`    ╙╙╙"``
           '╩▀▓▓▓▀M     "   "Φ▓██ΦM   "    '╩▀▓▓▓▀╩
                ╓▄▄▓██▓M     ╔▀╩▀N     ╚▓██▓▓▄,
                """"`                     `""""
XinFin

Twitter LinkedIn
━━  Telegram  ━━
Youtube    Reddit
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:02:39 AM

Hello!
Over the past days BTC has fallen quite a bit, also ETH. Any clue why? Seems to be opportunity to buy more.
If you think that the price of all the major coins are going down is a good thing so that you could accumulate more coins,good luck with that idea, i do expect this to be a regular procedure after any major rally,the market just corrected itself.You might see a rally in BTC in the coming months.
Hey, isn't it the good way to buy those coins whose prices fall now? Well, the answer should be yes but as I am reading your post, I find it the other way. We should take the price drops as an opportunity to buy more coins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
RedditMaster

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:12:41 AM

Gold is down.

Silver is down, too.

I would guess those holding gold/silver/bitcoin sold off to produce more liquidity for themselves or its a form of price manipulation.

If the two italian banks in bankruptcy held gold/silver/btc and sold off their holdings to payoff their debts, that might make sense.

With all due respect, gold is down about 1% only whereas Bitcoin is down a whopping 4%. That is a massive, massive difference. If Gold dropped 4% in one day, the entire world would be talking about it. Anyways, we were in a massive bubble so it isn't surprising at all this happened.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:42:36 AM

yes that is right it is just a temporary downfall and the price of bitcoin has to start increasing again, because still there is a lot of potential in the price of bitcoin.

We do not know how long the downtrend will last. It may last until august 1 and may extend beyond that depends on what will be the outcome of the event. But I hope it will recover soon, all we need is good news.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:44:00 AM

Gold is down.

Silver is down, too.

I would guess those holding gold/silver/bitcoin sold off to produce more liquidity for themselves or its a form of price manipulation.

If the two italian banks in bankruptcy held gold/silver/btc and sold off their holdings to payoff their debts, that might make sense.

With all due respect, gold is down about 1% only whereas Bitcoin is down a whopping 4%. That is a massive, massive difference. If Gold dropped 4% in one day, the entire world would be talking about it. Anyways, we were in a massive bubble so it isn't surprising at all this happened.

And as i noticed most altcoins also are falling in there prices just this morning almost all are in negative rate. But i think this is just but normal albeit most altcoins too increase. But for me it is a good thing to have the chance to at least try buying coins for future price increase.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: