Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:14:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Litecoin will have a stronger position?  (Read 2226 times)
vikkyzenna (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:01:50 PM

August 1, 2017 in the walls of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) will launch a crypto-Litecoin-oriented project, the details of which are still covered with a veil of secrecy. This writes Livebitcoinnews.
At the moment, Taj Dryidge, one of the authors of the whitepaper of the Lightning Network micropayment protocol, is only available.
As the newspaper notes, the date of launching the project may not be accidental: on that day, August 1, the so-called user-activated soft-key (UASF) may take place in the bitcoin network, as a result of which the Segregated Witness protocol should be activated.
And the day before, on July 31, activation of another network scaling solution called SegWit2x, which has already received significant support of the miners, is not ruled out.
It is possible that the authors of the project have prepared a surprise for the crypto-community, which, against the background of possible chaos in the bitcoin network these days, will help Litecoin to take stronger positions.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serhishulak

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

LuckyToken – Join ICO!!!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:38:17 PM

I'm sure Litecoin will see a boost.  Though, that boost could be overshadowed by any new ICO projects which are currently going on.  I bet you'll see some ICOs start being timed out to rain on other coins parade.

LuckyToken                                           Crowdsale: 22/01/2018 - 22/02/2018
LuckyToken - Lottery on Blockchain                  [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  WhitePaper  |  Facebook
satoshforever

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:08:14 PM

What does Litecoin-oriented mean?
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 10:17:21 PM

Litecoin-oriented means a project that's based off the Litecoin crypto-currency.

Litecoin is often thought of having a relationship to Bitcoin as silver has to gold. It was started in 2011, one of if not the first "alternative crypto-currency". Litecoin's creator, Charles Lee, was working at Coinbase until just recently when he decided to leave Coinbase to focus on further developing Litecoin.

You can read about Litecoin here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litecoin
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:30:45 PM

Basically this article the OP is referring to has been dismissed by the litecoin community. The team at MIT working on the Lightning Network has nothing to do with the countdown website for August 1st and it was created by an individual student. Even the source code of the website specifically states "Not associated with the MIT DCI Lit project, though we believe it will release soon".

While mildly interesting, it falls under the category of fake news until real information is released. Frankly, LTC doesn't need false stories to get ahead, there is more than enough good news and development. Let's leave the fake stuff to coins that lack merit.
findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:44:47 PM

Litecoin-oriented means a project that's based off the Litecoin crypto-currency.

Litecoin is often thought of having a relationship to Bitcoin as silver has to gold. It was started in 2011, one of if not the first "alternative crypto-currency". Litecoin's creator, Charles Lee, was working at Coinbase until just recently when he decided to leave Coinbase to focus on further developing Litecoin.

I think litecoin will always be the alt to bitcoin because it doesn't really offer anything innovative over what bitcoin already does or is getting in the future. I think of it as you say silver to bitcoins gold, or like a more advanced testnet for bitcoin (thinking segwit here).
satoshforever

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:56:32 PM

Thanks for the answer. I actually know Litecoin pretty well but don't really understand this project and which parts of it are specifically oriented towards Litecoin instead of Bitcoin for example
savitardty

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:04:45 AM

I'm sure Litecoin will see a boost.  Though, that boost could be overshadowed by any new ICO projects which are currently going on.  I bet you'll see some ICOs start being timed out to rain on other coins parade.

Indeed! I'm sure Litecoin will be up because it is has big potential.
eni1

Activity: 96

Shopify Expert | Website Designer |eCommerce Coach

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:17:39 PM

Its like 90% of  Litecoins are on the low side now,which is normal to me if you've been into the system for long. they all sales now to just buy more and keep. better days ahead!

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║█║▌
Shopify Expert | Website Designer |eCommerce Coach | eCommerce Business Developer
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:57:54 PM

Litecoin is very good now,stable price,fast,low cost transaction,i expect that Litecoin will be much more in use than it now.I already know one UK online wallet what is accepting LTC i much more prefer to top up my account in ltc than btc.I have now requested his plastic card and i will fund my account in ltc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:37:32 PM

Litecoin is very good now,stable price,fast,low cost transaction,i expect that Litecoin will be much more in use than it now.I already know one UK online wallet what is accepting LTC i much more prefer to top up my account in ltc than btc.I have now requested his plastic card and i will fund my account in ltc
Which UK wallet are you referring to? I think litecoin will have a strong position on it's own merits now that Charlie Lee is focused on litecoin.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:40:59 PM

Litecoin has a great future and growth. Should be going  higher into triple digits next.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:20:53 PM

No litecoin is already tainted by segwit and no one forked it. Dead coin.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:10:52 AM

Maybe litecoin will have the strongest position. It will be very difficult.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:14:25 AM

If that project would be succesful then i think litecoin will draw a huge attention from the cryptocurrency crowd and may pull out a huge volume to come in to litecoin,thats a good sounding project they just need to execute it rightly

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
btcbabhh

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:20:32 AM

yeah , i use litecoin that can receive and send  fund quickly without minutes but using bitcoin sometimes takes my hours even days!
Scuds31091

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:39:10 AM

Announcement of Releasing LTC/CNY Trading Pair on ViaBTC

https://medium.com/@ViaBTC/announcement-of-releasing-ltc-cny-trading-pair-on-viabtc-9e8d0e74435f

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:27:54 AM

August 1, 2017 in the walls of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) will launch a crypto-Litecoin-oriented project, the details of which are still covered with a veil of secrecy. This writes Livebitcoinnews.
At the moment, Taj Dryidge, one of the authors of the whitepaper of the Lightning Network micropayment protocol, is only available.
As the newspaper notes, the date of launching the project may not be accidental: on that day, August 1, the so-called user-activated soft-key (UASF) may take place in the bitcoin network, as a result of which the Segregated Witness protocol should be activated.
And the day before, on July 31, activation of another network scaling solution called SegWit2x, which has already received significant support of the miners, is not ruled out.
It is possible that the authors of the project have prepared a surprise for the crypto-community, which, against the background of possible chaos in the bitcoin network these days, will help Litecoin to take stronger positions.

Every coins will get their stronger and weaker position, mostly only about supply, demand, and speculation. Many coins project launch this year and some coins are success, but for litecoin I think is stable. I only see their price action & volume not project. Different opinion from me, hope you'll understand. Thank you.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:53:48 AM

Litecoin is already in a strong position and going to stay like this for sometime unless Lee f×ck it up.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:59:27 AM

i don't rely on possible news in the future i prefer sticking to what is true today. and that is the fact that litecoin developers are hard at work to improve litecoin by adding new features to it. very soon we will see lightning network on litecoin, then we will see confidential transactions (aka anonymous transactions) on litecoin too and then there will be more additions that the developers are currently working on not some countdown to an unknown thing!
also there is Rootstock which is smart contracts for bitcoin which i think will be adjusted for litecoin too since it has SegWit already activated. and that eventually means replacement of ethereum.

to answer your main question: yes i believe litecoin will have a much stronger position among all the other altcoins with all these things that i said.
how successful it will be depends on many things though. but i have high hopes for this one and that is why i have already invested a considerable amount in LTC and will hold it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: