Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:22:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freelance programming  (Read 925 times)
mmavipc (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:59:16 AM

Hi, I'm MMavipc and I'm a freelance programmer, and sadly I'm not a very good poster, please point out any errors you see in this post.

Post, or pm me, with what you want me to create for you and I'll give you a quote. I have 3 levels of quality, from worst to best, Quick&Dirty(Q&D), Okay, and OhGodSweetJesus. Along with the BTC for each quality value you will also get a extra charge if you would like to keep the source code. After you get your quote, if you choose to, you can reply and choose which quality value you want and if you want the source code or not. You can also choose whether I post the progress I'm making on your program in this topic, or send it to you in a PM.

I'll create it, post pictures of progress along the way, and when it is done allow you to play around with it on a virtual machine if you please to do so, as soon as I get the BTC, I will send you the program, any dependencies it requires, and if you paid for it, the source code. If you never pay I will release it to the general public after a 1 month grace period.

I code mainly in C++, but sometimes I will use a scripting language for a Q&D program.

The first 3 Q&D requests I get, I will fill for free.

http://payb.tc/mmavipc

Want to gamble some bitcoins? Click here!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Apate

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:12:36 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 05:24:16 AM by Apate

I'm a programmer myself, and often find that when I come to test my programs they take so long that they don't seem like they're going to finish. Eventually I get bored and kill them, only to discover that there's nothing wrong with the code and it's just taking a while; but other times, I look at the code and realise I've accidentally put in an infinite loop and it wouldn't ever have stopped anyway! It'd be great if you could make me a quick and dirty program to detect whether my programs will ever end - I usually code in Python, but if you'd prefer to do it for C++ that'd be great too.

Thanks!
Electrongolf

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

What's Your Gig?

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 05:18:31 AM

Check out our site. Many people have secured paying jobs here.

mmavipc (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:20:39 AM

I'm a programmer myself, and often find that when I come test my programs they don't seem like they're going to finish. Eventually I get bored and kill them, only to discover that there's nothing wrong with the code and it's just taking a while; but other times, I look at the code and realise I've accidentally put in an infinite loop and it wouldn't have ever stopped anyway! It'd be great if you could make me a quick and dirty program to detect whether my programs will ever end - I usually code in Python, but if you'd prefer to do it for C++ that'd be great too.

Thanks!

Have you tried using a debugger when it seems like it's in an infinite loop, breaking the execution, and stepping through it to test for an infinite loop?

http://payb.tc/mmavipc

Want to gamble some bitcoins? Click here!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:26:28 AM

Have you tried using a debugger when it seems like it's in an infinite loop, breaking the execution, and stepping through it to test for an infinite loop?

He was making a joke.

About this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████