Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Market manipulation?  (Read 463 times)
G4Y4 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:32:41 AM

Hello all, this is my first post on Bitcointalk. So, admin, please forgive me if I've broken any rules with this post lol.

I've just woken up quite randomly in the middle of the night (too early for me), and I thought I'd have a quick glance at how the market in general is doing and some of the coins I'm particularly interested in investing in. I know, sad.

As I was looking at the charts on coinmarketcap and cryptocompare, at around 4:36AM / 4:37AM GMT to be precise, I noticed that nearly every single chart for each coin had a similar pattern to it. See attached images. Now, is it just me, or is it too much of a coincidence that they are ALL following the same trend? Is this normal? Or am I right to think it's not normal, and there is some form of market manipulation going on? Bots?  Huh
https://i.imgur.com/Ri0uQFr.png
https://i.imgur.com/cDbCgNS.png
https://i.imgur.com/wcI7Pee.png
https://i.imgur.com/4h7MW6y.png
https://i.imgur.com/KuDhoDv.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:49:44 AM

I have noticed similar trends before, when almost all the altcoins suddenly dropped/rose in value. I speculate that there may be people (its like a group with many people) who decide to 'pump' the coin by buying it in a large volume to raise its value then sell it.

But of course it may be directly linked to the price of Bitcoin, when the Bitcoin prices drop, you can sell your altcoins, and when Bitcoin price rises again, you buy back the altcoin and now you have more altcoins than before.

Just a guess. Smiley Good question though, and I believe too that the market may be manipulated.  Undecided

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
G4Y4 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:59:46 AM

It's quite worrying if there are individuals who have the power to manipulate the market in such a manner.
Gilliam

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:01:48 AM

It's quite worrying if there are individuals who have the power to manipulate the market in such a manner.

For altcoins it's possible but I doubt in bitcoin since we are now on the stage that whales in bitcoin just creating a panic and not to manipulate the market by dumping or pumping big bag of coins.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:58:30 AM

Crypto market grown a lot in the recent years but if you compare it to the forex or stock markets it's still illiquid. If you have a few thousand Bitcoins (and maybe a few buddies with similar holdings) you can manipulate it at will. Such swings are pretty normal over here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: