Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:57:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: weird happenings with software wallets  (Read 606 times)
mzforfree (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:02:20 AM

also it makes me wonder if it has anything to do with my possible being hacked?

https://blockchain.info/tx/f5a4a02add4af3f4fe8ed1b7275347b1fd3658c56237be6b43652cb90c71adfe

transaction ID.

This was right about the same time also i made a deposit into tor for around .0067, instead of that going to the .onion my entire account gets deposited. Mind you this is off of tails using persistent storage but only with wallet.

this was done mind you off a usb drive using persistent storage but how did someone get the private key to do this, who do you think the culprit is?

https://blockchain.info/tx/f5a4a02add4af3f4fe8ed1b7275347b1fd3658c56237be6b43652cb90c71adfe

this is transaction id

went to this wallet:

1AtAEzLsSSuSjcjaSW5AzyH7hQaG6y1Dhf

, at a weird transaction rate.    1BWo6D86YojPRiR38v2i4Dnn3epqZJttkz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 06:09:50 AM

also it makes me wonder if it has anything to do with my possible being hacked?

transaction ID.

This was right about the same time also i made a deposit into tor for around .0067, instead of that going to the .onion my entire account gets deposited. Mind you this is off of tails using persistent storage but only with wallet.

this was done mind you off a usb drive using persistent storage but how did someone get the private key to do this, who do you think the culprit is?

this is transaction id

went to this wallet:

1AtAEzLsSSuSjcjaSW5AzyH7hQaG6y1Dhf

, at a weird transaction rate.    1BWo6D86YojPRiR38v2i4Dnn3epqZJttkz

Sorry, but i don't have a clue what you're asking here...
You can't deposit into tor... Funds don't go into the .onion, accounts don't get deposited....

What you're showing here is a transaction id, namely f5a4a02add4af3f4fe8ed1b7275347b1fd3658c56237be6b43652cb90c71adfe

The transaction has one input, namely output number 3 of transaction f5a4a02add4af3f4fe8ed1b7275347b1fd3658c56237be6b43652cb90c71adfe
The input is 0.06

The transaction has two outputs, namely one that can be spent by 1BWo6D86YojPRiR38v2i4Dnn3epqZJttkz  and one that can be spent by 1AtAEzLsSSuSjcjaSW5AzyH7hQaG6y1Dhf

Do you want to say you had an online wallet on a darket wallet provider, and your online wallet was emptied using this transaction?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mzforfree (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:20:48 AM

well i don't want to say anything that would be too implicit but it was into a trusted darkmarket wallet, but it was only for about 0.06, instead my entire electrum wallet gets deposited which held about .6... this is also using tails using a tor proxxy connection.

Also this happened after i coincidentally deposited a good about of btc from my paxful account into several software/offline wallets
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 06:28:57 AM

well i don't want to say anything that would be too implicit but it was into a trusted darkmarket wallet, but it was only for about 0.06, instead my entire electrum wallet gets deposited which held about .6... this is also using tails using a tor proxxy connection.

Also this happened after i coincidentally deposited a good about of btc from my paxful account into several software/offline wallets

Still confused about the problem, but i'm guessing here:

You were depositing funds from your electrum wallet to a darknet wallet, and you're confused because you only deposited 0.06 instead of 0.6.

My first guess would be that the base unit in electrum was set to something else instead of BTC... In this case your wallet wouldn't have contained 0.6 but 0.06.... you just tought your wallet contained 0.6 btc because the base unit wasn't correct. This is only my first guess tough.
Can you see other transactions in your electrum history, does your electrum wallet still have any balance left?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mzforfree (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:58:39 AM

You were depositing funds from your electrum wallet to a darknet wallet, and you're confused because you only deposited 0.06 instead of 0.6.

My first guess would be that the base unit in electrum was set to something else instead of BTC... In this case your wallet wouldn't have contained 0.6 but 0.06.... you just tought your wallet contained 0.6 btc because the base unit wasn't correct. This is only my first guess tough.
Can you see other transactions in your electrum history, does your electrum wallet still have any balance left?

no balance, these are rough estimates. I deposited around .067 or something, my full funds with was around .69 and were deposited 20 min after my deposit into a darkweb wallet
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 07:09:28 AM

no balance, these are rough estimates. I deposited around .067 or something, my full funds with was around .69 and were deposited 20 min after my deposit into a darkweb wallet

So, to sum it up
- you had an electrum wallet, you're sure the sum of the unspent outputs (the wallet balance) was 0.69 BTC
- you deposited 0.067 BTC to a webwallet
- now, it looks like your electrum wallet is empty, while it should have +0.6BTC left

My idear still remains that you actually only had 0.069BTC, but had a different base unit so it looked as if you had 0.69BTC. But just in case:

- did you try to restart electrum?
- did you try to switch servers (green button in the right bottom corner)?
- did you see any other "outgoing" transactions in your history tab?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mzforfree (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:15:32 AM

no other transactions, just this one and it was right after i sent the transaction from my tails usb to the dnm
mzforfree (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:16:34 AM

So, to sum it up
- you had an electrum wallet, you're sure the sum of the unspent outputs (the wallet balance) was 0.69 BTC
- you deposited 0.067 BTC to a webwallet
- now, it looks like your electrum wallet is empty, while it should have +0.6BTC left

My idear still remains that you actually only had 0.069BTC, but had a different base unit so it looked as if you had 0.69BTC. But just in case:

- did you try to restart electrum?
- did you try to switch servers (green button in the right bottom corner)?
- did you see any other "outgoing" transactions in your history tab?

there is no way, i even asked the dnm wallet support team about it and they said the receiving address matches none of their generated addresses for my wallet. It also doesn't make sense that my armory wallets were deleted a day before as well as soon as i bought and withdrew from paxful.. could maybe someone on paxful have done it? Although I have a copy of the wallet on my computer/desktop I used the usb on my laptop to boot up tails wallet.. sounds like someone got my IP address?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 07:22:36 AM

no other transactions, just this one and it was right after i sent the transaction from my tails usb to the dnm

so if you look at your history, you have one "incoming" transaction and one "outgoing" transaction... The incoming is 10 times bigger than the outgoing, and still your wallet is empty.

2 things could have happened:
1) electrum always uses the full unspent output as an input. When you want to deposit less than the input, two outputs are created: one output to the deposit address, one output to a change address. It's possible you're connected to a lagging node, and you don't see this change yet. Try to change the node you're connected to and see if the change appears in your wallet

2) if you only have one incoming and one outgoing transaction, try to look them up on blockchain.info. Even change the denomination from BTC to USD, just to be sure, and make 100% sure the input is 10 times bigger than the output... I still think about the base unit...

there is no way, i even asked the dnm wallet support team about it and they said the receiving address matches none of their generated addresses for my wallet. It also doesn't make sense that my armory wallets were deleted a day before as well as soon as i bought and withdrew from paxful.. could maybe someone on paxful have done it? Although I have a copy of the wallet on my computer/desktop I used the usb on my laptop to boot up tails wallet.. sounds like someone got my IP address?

Well, to tell you the truth, the fact that the inputs and outputs from your electrum wallet don't match is a different problem than the fact that the dnm didn't recognize the deposit addresses.
Inputs and outputs have to match... The sum of the incoming transactions - (sum of outgoing transactions + fee) = balance...

If there is a transaction to an address you don't recognize, it's a different problem... You are right, it might be a virus, altough tails is a really secure OS, so it looks strange to me.

Did you install a full armory wallet on tails? Are you sure it was saved in the correct place, so it wasn't erased when you rebooted?
Hundreds of people have my ip, that doesn't mean they can hack me... Very doubtfull somebody at paxful was able to hack you, unless he/she convinced you to install infected malware on your pc that caused all this?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mudiko

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:38:04 AM

Did you check transaction fees? Your transaction fee can be set high, which can be the cause of your loss. Go to the Tools/Preferences and check your transaction fee per kigabyte. I hope it is not the case.
mzforfree (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:52:10 AM

Did you check transaction fees? Your transaction fee can be set high, which can be the cause of your loss. Go to the Tools/Preferences and check your transaction fee per kigabyte. I hope it is not the case.

nothing.. and this was sent via a usb drive on a different laptop.

another culprit maybe is that when everything failed me in terms of restoring my corrupted wallet on armory a friend referred me to another friend who does legit IT work for different business near me.. he did use a thumb drive full of recovery tools to recover my corrupted armory wallet but he had no access to my electrum wallet which the rootkey/private keys on only on the tails usb drive.. he said he would run the recovery tools on RAM while I go to work to see if he can spot the wallet and either still this was 20 minute (even more AFTER I sent the transaction to the dnm wallet). furthermore it was exactly x10 in scale it was around a .05 transaction while i had .69 in my wallet
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 09:54:43 AM

nothing.. and this was sent via a usb drive on a different laptop.

another culprit maybe is that when everything failed me in terms of restoring my corrupted wallet on armory a friend referred me to another friend who does legit IT work for different business near me.. he did use a thumb drive full of recovery tools to recover my corrupted armory wallet but he had no access to my electrum wallet which the rootkey/private keys on only on the tails usb drive.. he said he would run the recovery tools on RAM while I go to work to see if he can spot the wallet and either still this was 20 minute (even more AFTER I sent the transaction to the dnm wallet). furthermore it was exactly x10 in scale it was around a .05 transaction while i had .69 in my wallet

I'm sorry, but you've completely lost me here... I respect your right for privacy, and not wanting to share exact amounts nor transaction id's. As a matter of fact, since you're using dnm's, I think you're doing the right thing, i wouldn't share any address, amount or txid either. But since i'm lacking so much info, i don't think i'll be able to help you figure out what went wrong.

At the moment, you have told us =>
about following wallets: paxum, electrum, a darknet wallet and armory (no versions)
about following OS's: tails and your local mistery os
about following hardware problems: a corrupted armory wallet
about following transactions: from paxum to ?, from electrum to ?

If you want help, i'd suggest making a chronological list of everything that happened. Replace the real addresses with [Address_1], [Address_depositDNM], [Address_paxum],... and round amounts down to 3 or 4 numbers after the comma. Don't add dates, but make sure the chronology is correct, and at least give an approximate version or brand (for example electrum 2.8.x, windows X,...).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████