Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying btc, paying via Escrow.com  (Read 546 times)
thewebdeveloper (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:54:48 AM

Simple, straightforward and risk-free.

If you want to sell btc at the current market price and get paid via Escrow.com, post in this thread or PM me.

We'll split the escrow fee 50%-50%.

aadje93

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:05:58 AM

Simple, straightforward and risk-free.

If you want to sell btc at the current market price and get paid via Escrow.com, post in this thread or PM me.

We'll split the escrow fee 50%-50%.

Put more detaIls please, how will you buy the coins via cash.paypal or bank?

What is your rate and you should agree on use escrow on this forum or localbitcoins because too many scams are happening outside this forum!

thewebdeveloper (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:41:33 AM

We'll be using Escrow.com.

It's the most popular escrow service out there and I've used it lots of times to buy and sell domains/websites.

I've also used it to pay freelancers for services, so I think it's a good idea to use it for bitcoin buying as well.

Here's how it works:

1) Sign up for an Escrow.com account if you haven't by now

2) Let me know what your escrow.com email address is and I'll initiate the transaction

3) I will then fund the transaction and Escrow.com will let you know once they've received the payment

4) Once that happens, you send me the btc

5) After receiving the btc, I confirm through the Escrow.com platform and they release the funds to the seller

Escrow.com are huge, with over $3 billion in transactions and over a million users. Doesn't get any safer than that Smiley

sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:57:30 AM

It's the most popular escrow service out there and I've used it lots of times to buy and sell domains/websites.

I've also used it to pay freelancers for services, so I think it's a good idea to use it for bitcoin buying as well.

Here's how it works:

2) Let me know what your escrow.com email address is and I'll initiate the transaction

3) I will then fund the transaction and Escrow.com will let you know once they've received the payment

5) After receiving the btc, I confirm through the Escrow.com platform and they release the funds to the seller

Escrow.com are huge, with over $3 billion in transactions and over a million users. Doesn't get any safer than that Smiley

Only catch is they don't support escrow of crypto currencies and btc seller needs to pay fee to escrow.com for taking this money out of escrow.com to their bank account.

thewebdeveloper (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:17:15 PM

They've never said anything about not supporting crypto to the best of my knowledge and I've used them for stuff other than the traditional domain/website transactions they're popular for over the years.

You are however right that there's an escrow fee which needs to be paid:

1) 3.25% of the transaction amount, which we'll split 50% - 50% (Escrow.com lets you choose this option when initiating the transaction); as such, the seller will pay 1.625% and I'll pay the remaining 1.625%... all in all, it's a pretty low fee IMO

2) if you choose to be paid via Electronic Check (US only), there are no additional fees; otherwise, there's a $10 fee for domestic wire transfers or 20$ if you're located outside the US

All in all, it's a pretty good deal and most importantly, none of the parties are at risk. Which is a major plus in the crazy world of crypto haha.

aadje93

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:22:06 PM

Why you insist to use escrow.com, simply accept localbitcoins or forum escrow by insisting on this particular escrow provider people will think that you try to scam or have another idea to cheat just my penny on this

sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:34:28 PM

They've never said anything about not supporting crypto to the best of my knowledge and I've used them for stuff other than the traditional domain/website transactions they're popular for over the years.

You are however right that there's an escrow fee which needs to be paid:

1) 3.25% of the transaction amount, which we'll split 50% - 50% (Escrow.com lets you choose this option when initiating the transaction); as such, the seller will pay 1.625% and I'll pay the remaining 1.625%... all in all, it's a pretty low fee IMO

2) if you choose to be paid via Electronic Check (US only), there are no additional fees; otherwise, there's a $10 fee for domestic wire transfers or 20$ if you're located outside the US

All in all, it's a pretty good deal and most importantly, none of the parties are at risk. Which is a major plus in the crazy world of crypto haha.

In a bitcoin to fiat deal, it's bitcoin which needs to be escrowed and not fiat.
Most forum escrows take only 1% as their fee rather than 3.25%.

It seems you're based out of US, then why not withdraw your balance via electronic check and use that money to buy bitcoin on lbc or here. This way you saving on escrow.com's 3.25% and doing a deal at proper platform.

Here4Trades

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:03:37 PM

Escrow.com is easy to spoof an email that looks equal to a real one, that's what I've found doing a quick research I suggest to do escrow in forum more than out forum like others stated above.
JacksonE

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:38:26 PM

Here's how it works:

Hi thewebdeveloper,
Thanks for recommending us for this deal, and for the props on paying safely for domains, websites and freelancing services. Unfortunately, we don't support escrows for BTC at the moment because we're not an exchange. I'll update this thread if that changes!

Cheers,
Jackson Elsegood
General Manager, Escrow.com
sweetdesirez

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:46:06 PM

Hi thewebdeveloper,
Thanks for recommending us for this deal, and for the props on paying safely for domains, websites and freelancing services. Unfortunately, we don't support escrows for BTC at the moment because we're not an exchange. I'll update this thread if that changes!

Cheers,
Jackson Elsegood

Thank you Jackson for taking the trouble of dropping in the forum for your update on behalf of Escrow.com. Bookmarking this thread for future reference and surely refer this as a fact that Escrow.com does not provide escrow service for BTC.
thewebdeveloper (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:40:54 AM

Hi thewebdeveloper,

Cheers,
Jackson Elsegood

Thanks for the reply and clarification Jackson, really hope Escrow.com will find a way to support btc escrow soon!

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:59:25 AM

Be careful, everyone. The strategy here is usually like this: you sell bitcoins to him.. he then sends you a fake escrow.com email advising you that funds are escrowed and it is safe to send him the bitcoins. Don't fall for this scam.

Another one is doing the escrow transaction but then later cancelling it, knowing fully well that escrow.com does not escrow bitcoin trades.

These scammers. Using every trick on this planet to rob you of your bitcoins.

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:02:04 AM

Thanks for the reply and clarification Jackson, really hope Escrow.com will find a way to support btc escrow soon!

Awwww.. this didn't work out for you huh? There are other tricks and scam strategies.

thewebdeveloper (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:32:56 AM

Awwww.. this didn't work out for you huh? There are other tricks and scam strategies.

I understand your skepticism, I guess in a "wild west" environment like the crypto world, you need skepticism to survive.

To be honest, I thought an escrow platform would be a great fit for buying/selling btc rather than doing it through forums but then again, I'm not sure what the regulatory framework would be and what exactly Escrow.com or another escrow platform would have to do legally speaking to start facilitating crypto deals. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: