Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:54:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Something bad is happening at Poloniex  (Read 1407 times)
Canaanite (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:34:30 AM

there is no bad thing occured with me.but i heard from some tradders that poloniex has some problem with their sequrity.so to safe your money active 2fa password system.

I use 2fa, and had a Poloniex account for more then 2 years. First time I have problems with it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:36:55 AM

waiting for ANY response from polo support since 28 of may. Just moved my funds from there. Bad customer support.

They defiantly have bad customer support, but my fear is different. that they hold withdrawals on purpose.
I see a lot of trading volumes going to bittrex and Poloniex are starting to make problems when Withdrawing - that's a really bad sign
Nodari_Cindicator

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Cindicator Bounty Manager

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:28:34 AM

Alarmism? Never had problems with withdrawal but safety is my first priority

gollygosh

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:17:04 AM

Polo still has a notice up that say's ETH deposits are not allowed at this time, I have 1.2 Eth sitting in an anonymous ming pool that usually gets's auto sent to my ETH Polo address, so if they don't start allowing ETH deposits soon, then there could be a lot of miners stuck in a similar boat, with no real way to cash out their ETH.

This is all not good for POLO who seem to have had nothing but issues of one sort or another over the last couple of months, especially when POLO ground to a halt for hours on end. I really hope they get their act together, otherwise other exchanges will be sort by the masses, also I miss trollbox.

If anyone has sent ETH to their POLO ETH address in the last few day's and it has gotten through, then please reply and let us know, also if it failed, then also let us know. I am hoping they might have just forgotten to take the notice down or not put up a new one saying ETH deposits are accepted again.

BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:35:30 AM

That's crazy because it's a lot amount of btc to me, I also got the same issues that is "Awaiting Approval" and it has happened repeatedly. But they responded to a complaint on my support ticket after 2 weeks, but after I got an answer from them my withdrawal was canceled and my bitcoin returned, but after that I made another withdrawal and "Awaiting Approval" kept getting so my bitcoin kept getting stuck in poloniex . I'm very curious, actually what's happening to poloniex, because I do not believe the notices they make.
Dude.Lebowski

Activity: 129
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:55:25 AM

If they dont keep a fair amount of all cryptos they accept in trading in coldstorage liquidity problmes will arise. Peple doesnt seem to learn. Everyone saw what happened with banks after the subprime. As crypto is no tregulated i dont expect them to behave diferently. When you have lots of mellions standing in fornt of you, its dificult not to be greedy.

Perhaps those Poloniex problems caused the btc price to decrease from 2600 USD to 2400 USD?
What if a future Poloniex crush make the bitcoin price to go back to $ 1300?
I was thinking about all cryptoccurency exchange plarforms to make a "cryptocurrency reserve system"
like the federal reserve system and keep some bitcoins in a separate fund.

Lol Smiley good one, man.

Okay. The old man told me to take any rug in the house.
poptop
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1246

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:31:15 AM

Hi! I had the same problem. 2 fa + tier 3 of verification. My withdrawal was at 17-06-08. The ticket number was #211 ... I'd been waiting for 21 days and received my funds finnaly today. Support didn't responded though. Just deleted my ticket.

Let's go to bittrex!

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:12:19 AM

Just received my funds.
I guess I had to make some noise on the web in order for someone at Poloniex to move their a..

Anyway, Im moving to Bittrex.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1616

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 03:07:00 AM by Vispilio

I've never seen a leading exchange get so much negative reviews. If for example EUREX or NASDAQ received so many complaints all over the web from unhappy customers, they would work extremely hard to improve their PR day and night.

Just the fact that Poloniex is completely silent about this astronomically high number of complaints and bad reviews is a huge red flag, this site might be having liquidity issues, or may be malevolent in intent and might try to outright steal customer funds benefiting from a lack of regulation in the crypto space. I would hope very much to be wrong on this issue, and for someone to step forward from their company to fix this huge reputational hit they've been getting over the last couple of months...

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:01:42 PM

I've never seen a leading exchange get so much negative reviews. If for example EUREX or NASDAQ received so many complaints all over the web from unhappy customers, they would work extremely hard to improve their PR day and night.

Just the fact that Poloniex is completely silent about this astronomically high number of complaints and bad reviews is a huge red flag, this site might be having liquidity issues, or may be malevolent in intent and might try to outright steal customer funds benefiting from a lack of regulation in the crypto space. I would hope very much to be wrong, and for someone to step forward from their company to fix this huge reputational hit they've been getting over the last couple of months...

Simple. They know they can get away with it because they have the volume. That dwarfs any need to please customers. It's always been this way and it'll continue to be so until more discerning and demanding people get involved. However greed will always beat anything else.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:24:15 AM

Just the fact that Poloniex is completely silent about this astronomically high number of complaints and bad reviews is a huge red flag, this site might be having liquidity issues, or may be malevolent in intent and might try to outright steal customer funds benefiting from a lack of regulation in the crypto space. I would hope very much to be wrong, and for someone to step forward from their company to fix this huge reputational hit they've been getting over the last couple of months...

Simple. They know they can get away with it because they have the volume. That dwarfs any need to please customers. It's always been this way and it'll continue to be so until more discerning and demanding people get involved. However greed will always beat anything else.

It won't continue in US exchanges if the Uniform Law Commission draft uniform virtual currency act gets approved. Coinbase is strongly objecting to it. All exchanges regulated by it would have to give a bond to the department administering the act, and the department gets to specify the amount. There's a possibility of heavy regulation coming soon to all big US exchanges.

http://www.coindesk.com/uniform-regulation-virtual-currency-businesses-coming-state-near/

The Uniform Law Commission will vote on its draft uniform virtual currency act at its annual meeting in San Diego on 14th July.

If you are subject to regulation, the act requires you to be licensed with the state whose residents you conduct virtual currency business activity with. To get a license, you need to submit an application in which you must disclose extensive details about the background of the principals of your business, including fingerprints, criminal history, past bankruptcies, current or past lawsuits, enforcement actions or arbitrations.

Prior to being licensed, an applicant is required to post funds, a letter of credit or surety bond with the department administering the act in the amount that the department specifies based on the nature and risks in the applicant’s virtual currency business model.

Once licensed, you must comply with various requirements such as having a minimum net worth or reserves, creating and maintaining required records, making certain disclosures and implementing compliance policies including cybersecurity, business continuity, disaster recovery, anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, and anti-terrorist financing programs. You are subject to be examined by the department for your compliance with these requirements.

Non-compliance with these requirements or engaging in unsafe, deceptive, fraudulent acts or misappropriation of customer property, subjects you to enforcement actions which can result in fines, a revocation or suspension of your license or the issuance of a cease and desist order as well as, where appropriate, the referral of the matter for criminal prosecution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: