Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter is coming? Biggest Bear run of all times in crypto?  (Read 1987 times)
peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:18:48 PM

I don't think it will be like in what happened in 2013, it will be like that which no one can predict.

In 2013 there was no business behind bitcoin and altcoins. 2013 was a pure FOMO hype - and for sure it was a bubble - and when it popped it went down crazy.

Today is different. Altcoins and Bitcoin have a working economy and they are used in places at the world where fiat is failing.
Absolutely none of these altcoins are used anywhere.  At all.

A select few of them have some vague interest from a couple of companies, but none have actually achieved anywhere significant.

And Bitcoin's merchant adoption in no way justifies its price.

Volume is dropping, technical indicators look bad.  I see this as a natural movement in the hype cycle.  Soon enough we'll find out again what the price should have been if it weren't for these crazy bull runs.

Agree with you, absolutely. But it is still better than in 2013 (there the gains were much higher in % and there was absolutely no business behind bitcoin – only in darknet).
But: Bitcoin has a huge usecase at the moment. Bitcoin is used massive in countries with high inflation (the volatility in bitcoin is acceptable there, because of the hyperinflation…)

2and1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:42:49 PM

I don't believe this. When prices go down, I'll be 1 happy crypto shopper buying coins on sale. Goods coins will eventually rise after BTC settles down.
John Titor

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:39:30 PM

Summer is just getting started my friends.  This thread will likely be relevant in ~2 months
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:54:26 PM

Cryptos usually stagnate or drop at summer and start to rise again before winter, why would this year be any different?
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:04:02 PM

Like they say, the party gotta end, sooner or later. Has it started already? Panic in the disco?

Or do you think there is still lots of room for corrections.

No correction, it's the start of the bubble popping... it was obvious it will happen sooner or later
I know your statement can be true but i hope you are wrong. I think this is different than 2013. The main difference is the money entry to the markets. I don't agree with you at the point of "bubble". If this is a bubble it is obvious that it will explode. But i think this is the regular rise of the prices.
More people is awareness about cryptomarkets and cryptocurrencies, more people can understand the profit and more money is entering.
Alttrader203

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:14:36 PM

Btc has usecase. Its not payment: it is gold

Many altcoins need to go faster in dev and adoption to aboid big crash.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: