Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain info recovery  (Read 607 times)
PandaNL (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:45:28 PM

Hello,

In 2013 I created a wallet at blockchain dot info which I try to recover, and if I remember correctly it had some bitcoins on it.

I have the following info:

Wallet ID
12 word phrase
and a wallet.aes.json backup file
I still have access to my mail address linked to blockchain

I tried to recover using the 12 word phrase but the Check/continue button is still greyed out.

Does anyone know how to recover and get access to my wallet?
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7113

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 04:50:38 PM

Did you already tried to import your wallet.aes.json file to a new Blockchain.info account?
Looks like you can do it in this page: https://blockchain.info/pt/wallet/import-wallet

Also, are you sure you are typing your words correctly? You should be able to recover your wallet with them on the recover page.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PandaNL (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:55:40 PM

Thank you for the quick reply, however this asks me for the password which I don't know anymore. When I leave the field blank it fails to decrypt the wallet.
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 10:17:27 AM

Hello,

In 2013 I created a wallet at blockchain dot info which I try to recover, and if I remember correctly it had some bitcoins on it.

Wallet ID
12 word phrase

I tried to recover using the 12 word phrase but the Check/continue button is still greyed out.

I have a same problem like you, in the past i've created ones wallet then i've forgotten the password. i've try to put 12 word phrase but always wrong. where i can find 12 word phrase.

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:56:17 AM

Hello,

Wallet ID
12 word phrase

If you had created a blockchain wallet in 2013 then there would not be a 12 word phrase. Most probably 17 or 19 phrases. After blockchain updated their wallet in April 2016 the passphrase was lowered to a fixed 12 words. Check properly, there would be more than 12 words and since the current wallet only supports 12 words, you are not getting the password.

Instead try this link, https://blockchain.info/wallet/forgot-password

If you enter a correct passphrase, you will get your password.
PandaNL (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:18:35 PM

It was created in 2013 and is a 12 word pass phrase, found all the emails with this date.

Found the same link you posted yesterday and was able to recover my password and regain access to my wallet.

Thank you.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:57:40 AM

Hello,

Wallet ID
12 word phrase

If you had created a blockchain wallet in 2013 then there would not be a 12 word phrase. Most probably 17 or 19 phrases. After blockchain updated their wallet in April 2016 the passphrase was lowered to a fixed 12 words. Check properly, there would be more than 12 words and since the current wallet only supports 12 words, you are not getting the password.

Instead try this link, https://blockchain.info/wallet/forgot-password

If you enter a correct passphrase, you will get your password.
Is the Mnemonic Phrase still working on their wallet?
I also have some amount in one of my wallet with blockchain but I lost the password and after that I felt them as lost forever as the Mnemonic Phrase not worked properly for me.

I have identifier and email account with which it is connected but do not know the password.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:43:54 PM

I have identifier and email account with which it is connected but do not know the password.
No point of having them when you forgot your password.As long as you have that 12 word mnemonic back-up phrase,you will be able to establish access to your wallet.

Yes,that is your only way out. Read through : https://blockchain.info/wallet/security
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:19:58 PM

It was created in 2013 and is a 12 word pass phrase, found all the emails with this date.

Found the same link you posted yesterday and was able to recover my password and regain access to my wallet.

Thank you.
That's nice that you recovered already your coins, if I were you just make a new bitcoin wallet then transfer all your coins there from your old wallet. Or store it on secured desktop electrum wallet for more safer place.

I also have some amount in one of my wallet with blockchain but I lost the password and after that I felt them as lost forever as the Mnemonic Phrase not worked properly for me.

Do you still have your seed? Its the only way you can recover your funds therenif you forget all your login details on yoir blockchain account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: