Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Snapshot  (Read 15044 times)
Cean

Activity: 807
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:47:51 AM

This project is actually one of the examples of the blockchain implemention works best with. Take photographs, sync with server to never lose them, rank your photos and make money while. It's going to be fun in fact!
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 03:54:22 AM

How will the ac-curation work ? Will you have vote weight like on steemit ? That makes sense to me.
How are you handling that ? We early adopters we will have large weight xP

Kisleav

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:05:40 AM

This project is actually one of the examples of the blockchain implemention works best with. Take photographs, sync with server to never lose them, rank your photos and make money while. It's going to be fun in fact!
its gonna amazing, its gonna be like a market place for your pictures and photos, hope we shall be able to sell logos too
well designed, and has a storage or icloud storage. 
sonic212

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:26:13 AM

I also see this seems very good for a pretty interesting project, then how do you make money while at the photo level, I still do not understand your point, can you explain it to me about it?
Cean

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:01:35 AM

I also see this seems very good for a pretty interesting project, then how do you make money while at the photo level, I still do not understand your point, can you explain it to me about it?
As mentioned earlier:
... tokens can be earned through taking pictures is something that will draw attention to our application ...
And of course not forget about photo ranking contests, where you will be able to vote for the best photographs (with Snap tokens(?)) and get paid for them if won.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:11:04 AM

very good idea and very interesting project , will keep my eyes on it
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:17:39 PM

But, if you guys fall under and you are maintaining a data node that is needed, losing that data node could mean losing access to their photos for the wallet holders, is that how this will work?  These are just questions.
TeamSnapshot

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:16:53 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 03:40:35 AM by TeamSnapshot

Under "Market View" you have an evaluation. How do you get to that outcome ? I like the project it is nice you active and answering questions that means you serious.

I also like htat your white paper is in the form of FAQ http://teamsnapshot.org/faqs/ it makes sense just as you said because it is app based.

Hi Zionatin,

Our evaluation is based the funding limit set for our ICO; all the tokens available to investors plus the tokens to be held by Snapshot.

We are trying to be as transparent as possible given our situation, so answering any questions one may have in a timely manner is important to us, thank you for acknowledging that. We're glad you see and understand our reasoning for the FAQ!

So in other words are you saying it's stake based ? Snapshot take x% then the rest is given to if investors and supporters like us for the bounties. Is that how it works ? So the value per token is stake based ? I have always been interested in how come a coin that comes it can say their coin is worth x amount. Interested how that x amount is worked out. Thanks for answering my questions.

Snap tokens represent a 35% stake of our yearly net revenue. We have set aside a portion of Snap tokens from the 25% we hold for bounties. We at Snapshot don't dictate how much Snap tokens are worth. The initial value of Snap tokens will be determined by the Initial coin offering, after that point the free market decides.

Let us know if anything else needs clarification.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:20:40 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 03:43:15 AM by TeamSnapshot

How will the ac-curation work ? Will you have vote weight like on steemit ? That makes sense to me.
How are you handling that ? We early adopters we will have large weight xP

Rankings are determined in a diplomatic fashion, one users votes won't weigh more than another . Vote weight is a nice thought, and something that would help initial growth, but we would run into some serious issues down the line with such a model.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:26:45 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 03:41:04 AM by TeamSnapshot

Here is a brief explanation of the economic side of Snapshot.

There are weekly ranking boards, the highest rated photographs each week win a set amount of Snap tokens. Snap tokens represent 35% of our yearly net revenue.

If you place on the rankings board you win tokens with a monetary value that also earn you money as a stake of our yearly revune.

You are also able invite friends to sign up and you'll earn 10% of the tokens they do in perpetuity.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:34:26 AM

But, if you guys fall under and you are maintaining a data node that is needed, losing that data node could mean losing access to their photos for the wallet holders, is that how this will work?  These are just questions.

That is a potential issue, but in reality offers no more risk than having any cloud service shutting down. It would be hard to envision a situation where we could fall under while people still want to pay for our services; one situation cancels out the other. Our ledger system is a native blockchain with no mining incentive so maintaining the blockchain and servers for image hosting is trivial economics wise.

It's a very well though out question, and we appreciate the prodding as us not being able to answer something tells us we have a weak spot to need to reinforce.
Kisleav

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:11:27 AM

There are weekly ranking boards, the highest rated photographs each week win a set amount of Snap tokens. Snap tokens represent 35% of our yearly net revenue.

If you place on the rankings board you win tokens with a monetary value that also earn you money as a stake of our yearly revune.

You are also able invite friends to sign up and you'll earn 10% of the tokens they do in perpetuity.
beautiful explanation, dev, we are only waiting to see how this will work out, and getting some snap tokens from this contest.
Silvercell

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:12:03 AM

how to calculate the bounties result

▒██████████████████████▄▄▄
    ▐███████████████████████████▓▄
                         ▀▀███████▓▄
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▄   ██████▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░  ▄▄  █████▌
    ▐██████████████████████▄▀██▄ █████▌
    ▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌    ▐█████
                        █████▌▐█▌ ▒████
                       ▓█████ ▐▀  █████
    ▐███████████████████████▀▄▄▄ ▐█████
    ▐█████████████████████▀ ▓██ ▐█████▌
    ▄                   ▄▄▄    ▓█████░
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▀▀▀  ▄▄█████▀▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀
    ▐██████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRIFE

▄██████▄
             ▄██████████▄
             ████    ████
             ████▄▄▄▄████
              ██████████

▄   ▀██████▀
     ▄███▀       ▀██▀
    ▐████▄▄       ▐▌
      ▀█████████▄▄▄
         ▀████████████▄
           ██████████████
           ██████████████
         ▄██████████████
BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM
████  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  ████
       ▄█████▄▄
     █████▀█████
    ▐███▌   ▐███▌
    ▐████▄▄▄████▌
     ▀█████████▀
       ▀█████▀
         ███
       ▀███▄
                ▄█████
           ▄▄▄▄████████▀
      ▄▄████████████▀
     █████████████▌
    ▐█████████████▌
     ███████████████▄

▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
                 █████▀▀     ▀█████▄
                █████           █████
               █████             ████▌
        ▄███████████████████████████████████▄
      █████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
     █████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███████████▀▀  ▀▀▀█████████
      ██████▀   ▄▄▄   ▀███████▀   ▄▄▄   ▀██████
       ▀▀██▌  ▐█████   ███████  ▐█████   ███▀
               █████             █████
Cean

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:20:29 AM

how to calculate the bounties result
Simple. Your activity * bounty reward. For me, I've translated thread so:
1 translation * $ worth of tokens

Hopefully, it won't also decrease image quality like other social and messaging apps do noticeably. A streamlined, modern UI/UX would look great too. I am looking forward to hear more about...
saiful hadi

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:12:34 PM

I joined signatur campaign and whether all replies have been shared what yet but sorry for this thank you.
bro_bro

Activity: 307

https://www.crypto1id.com/

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:11:37 PM

This very unique project made me curious and I've read some of this project.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

TELEGRAM WHITEPAPER TWITTER FACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

I see. So this is a fair launch and fair distribution I see. Impressed so far but really can't wait for the app. Yea I'm impatient I know.  Tongue
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:04:51 AM

I see. So this is a fair launch and fair distribution I see. Impressed so far but really can't wait for the app. Yea I'm impatient I know.  Tongue

Sign up for our limited alpha will begin on the 28th. Spaces will be limited so be sure to mark it down in your calendar if you're looking for a spot.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:10:26 AM

beautiful explanation, dev, we are only waiting to see how this will work out, and getting some snap tokens from this contest.

Thank you. The starting days of Snapshot are going to be easy for high ranking placement, its a feasible way to earn a large amount of Snap tokens right after our release. So stay updated and make sure you start submitting photos for ranking placement on August 10th.
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1125

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 03:43:14 AM

Same here, I'd like to the see app in action.
Also great to see devs that are actually very active in answering inquiries about their project, tells us what sort of team is leading the snapshot project.
Keep up the good work devs. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: