Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Snapshot  (Read 15042 times)
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:27:55 PM

what about escrow? and will there be specific milestones that have to be reached before the ICO funds or part of it will be usable for you?

Escrow will not be used as ERC20 tokens will be sent to the addresses funding was received from. We thought about the possibility but in reality what safety does this really provide for investors? If escrow was used we would receive funds after ERC20 token distribution. Token issuance is extremely simple, if a user believes we aren't above board they would either be left with A.No Tokens or B.Tokens with no value.

It's not the token that is valuable, its the value we put behind it. Escrow wouldn't change this, by all means if investors are scared or hesitant we encourage them to think it over before investing in the ICO, or even purchase Snap tokens once they have hit exchanges. At the end of the day we can't in good conscience condone irrational investment decisions, greed and fear has the potential to ruin lives. If someone sees the value in Snapshot, we encourage them to invest, but that is all.

We do have funding uses, but the percentages of what is allocated to development, marketing, regulation, etc may change with priorities or as unexpected issues and opportunities bring themselves forward.

thank you for your honest answer. please tell me in one sentence why i and others should invest in your ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:30:28 PM

https://techcrunch.com/2014/10/28/whatsapp-revenue/ :
WhatsApp’s First Half Of 2014 Revenue Was $15M
Can you support your claim: 'WhatsApp Revenue: +1 Billion (2014)' with evidence?

That was a complete typo on our part.
It was in no way our intention to misconstrue the facts and it does us absolutely no favors, as situations like this happen. We take this very seriously.

We encourage you to go through all our other market valuations and revenue to look for other discrepancies,
as this was an isolated incident.

We are revising the Market View currently.
You are asking for 2 million dollars. I do not want to check all your data. I found one very big lie, this is enough to not believe anything you say.
A 'typo' is no excuse if you are asking for millions.

I hear what you saying but the difference is Snapshot do not deny their mistake they admit it and work towards fixing it. I can't say this about most sltcoon Devs. If anything it should increase your confidence to know your voice is being heard and you not simply being ignored.

what about escrow? and will there be specific milestones that have to be reached before the ICO funds or part of it will be usable for you?

Escrow will not be used as ERC20 tokens will be sent to the addresses funding was received from. We thought about the possibility but in reality what safety does this really provide for investors? If escrow was used we would receive funds after ERC20 token distribution. Token issuance is extremely simple, if a user believes we aren't above board they would either be left with A.No Tokens or B.Tokens with no value.

It's not the token that is valuable, its the value we put behind it. Escrow wouldn't change this, by all means if investors are scared or hesitant we encourage them to think it over before investing in the ICO, or even purchase Snap tokens once they have hit exchanges. At the end of the day we can't in good conscience condone irrational investment decisions, greed and fear has the potential to ruin lives. If someone sees the value in Snapshot, we encourage them to invest, but that is all.

We do have funding uses, but the percentages of what is allocated to development, marketing, regulation, etc may change with priorities or as unexpected issues and opportunities bring themselves forward.

thank you for your honest answer. please tell me in one sentence why i and others should invest in your ICO.

Snapshot plan on going through with their project and delivering, unlike others who promise the world and deliver naught.

TeamSnapshot

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:03:41 PM

Although the project is great but there is huge competition in the market and some big players are already there, so snapshot has to come up with some unique features or extra ordinary quality to be at the top!

It is true, photo and messaging applications are close to market saturation, but there is always room for new technologies that do things better. That's where we feel the benefit of Snap tokens as a representation of our yearly revenue comes into play, they serve a real purpose in application and have benefits that aren't seen in other products of this sector.

Also, while the idea of dominating the market sounds great, in reality a 1% market share would equal more than a hundred fold increase of our ICO valuation. We are in a good position as this isn't a zero sum game. We believe that at worst Snapshot will be able to find a good, profitable middle ground for its investors and its users.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:32:38 PM

Our sentence would be as follows.

You should invest if you went over the relevant information and made an informed decision to do so. Anything less would be inadvisable.

At the end of the day the value and use cases for Snapshot have been laid out and are available to be seen. If someone reads the relevant information and is still unsure all we can say is trust yourself, regardless of what the answer may end up being.

--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 12:36:15 AM

I read the informations about the project and it is great to have a such application like this so the very moment in every picture if the phone was broke and you can still recover all pictures that you care . I expect a great success and it will be an awaited ico.  Goodluck Snapshot .

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 01:28:43 AM

It will be nice for artists because they will be able to prove they own the pictures they take and the pictures will go up in value themselves.
I think it is great for intellectual property rights.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
yanh7720

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:00:56 AM

Although the market is highly competitive, but good things always come to the fore.
cwobrandal

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:17:58 AM

Dev still open for bounty social media?
saiful hadi

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:04:24 AM

Until now I still have not seen the spreadsheet to convince me to follow the bounty of this program, but if we are accepted until the end of the campaign period thanks.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:57:34 AM

Dev still open for bounty social media?

Yes you can on the bounty thread.

Until now I still have not seen the spreadsheet to convince me to follow the bounty of this program, but if we are accepted until the end of the campaign period thanks.

It's better that way to prevent very greedy people with no interest in the coin from dumping a whole lot of it then never coming back.

I read the informations about the project and it is great to have a such application like this so the very moment in every picture if the phone was broke and you can still recover all pictures that you care . I expect a great success and it will be an awaited ico.  Goodluck Snapshot .

Yes. That in itself is nothing new. What is new is the cryptocurrency integration as well as the fact that photos are attached to the blockchain forever and ever. This is smart stuff.
Cean

Activity: 807
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:03:28 AM

Although the market is highly competitive, but good things always come to the fore.
Indeed, this is going to be outstanding with such mentioned features including it's economy.
Zionatin

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:10:41 AM

Indeed, this is going to be outstanding with such mentioned features including it's economy.

While this is true you must also remember the functions of Snapshot. Few coins have a function. Snapshots function is nothing new but the way it doesn't it is new. The idea is what will sell the coin. The value should go with it.
lambofan

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:46:42 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 12:04:05 PM by lambofan

While this is true you must also remember the functions of Snapshot. Few coins have a function. Snapshots function is nothing new but the way it doesn't it is new. The idea is what will sell the coin. The value should go with it.

True and if that were not enough, about roadmap is clearly specified that snapshot team will do two payout of snapshot revenue during 2018 to snap token holders,which I think will help motivate even more to users.

vlom
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:09:52 PM

in the FAQ you write about your servers.

where exactly are these pictures stored. and who have access to the data on the server?
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:50:40 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 05:08:10 PM by TeamSnapshot

https://s2.postimg.org/rcafh7aex/Screen_Shot_2017-07-20_at_16.07.56.png

where exactly are these pictures stored. and who have access to the data on the server?

We host dedicated servers on site for storage purposes as well as for Snapshots native blockchain. In terms of access, two of our members have authority to the servers. Realistically the pictures stored won't be of high objective value, it would be the proof of ownership
which is worth something, and that is something that cant just be stolen when using a permanent ledger decoupled from photograph storage.

Security of our photograph servers is one of primary concerns and its taken seriously, users are trusting us with things of value to them. Though looking at it in an analytical fashion its hard to see someone trying infiltrate the servers for purely economic reasons as here is nothing held there which could be traded for cash.

TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:03:45 PM

True and if that were not enough, about roadmap is clearly specified that snapshot team will do two payout of snapshot revenue during 2018 to snap token holders,which I think will help motivate even more to users.

We think is is one of the killer incentives of Snapshot. Users are vested in the companies growth, they profit as it does. It gives users a sense of ownership and direction in something which is traditionally a user/service provider relationship. Earning money while using an app where that itself isn't the primary function sounds foreign at this point in the application sector, so its understandable why people have hesitance, but it is laid out in such a way that it is completely feasible and beneficial for all parties involved.

Once it turns from intellectual understanding of the concept to first hand experience we are expecting a large shift of users from more traditional applications.
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:31:51 PM

We host dedicated servers on site for storage purposes as well as for Snapshots native blockchain. In terms of access, two of our members have authority to the servers. Realistically the pictures stored won't be of high objective value, it would be the proof of ownership
which is worth something, and that is something that cant just be stolen when using a permanent ledger decoupled from photograph storage.

Security of our photograph servers is one of primary concerns and its taken seriously, users are trusting us with things of value to them. Though looking at it in an analytical fashion its hard to see someone trying infiltrate the servers for purely economic reasons as here is nothing held there which could be traded for cash.

so you don't motivate users to use your servers as a backup? something like iCloud for the pictures taken with an iPhone? so the only reason to um-laos pictures is the sharing and the possibility of earning something?
Zionatin

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:41:51 PM

Hey guys I just say Snapshot on Google play store. You might have to change your name ? So now what ? Are you going to change your name or leave it ? How will people tell the difference between the two. The snapshot on googplay came out in 2014. Just thought I should let you all know.
yanh7720

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:15:53 AM

I have updated the member level and added the avatar. Will you automatically record it?
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:10:54 AM

Hey guys I just say Snapshot on Google play store. You might have to change your name ? So now what ? Are you going to change your name or leave it ? How will people tell the difference between the two. The snapshot on googplay came out in 2014. Just thought I should let you all know.
I think you can recognize it by logo of the app and it is a paid application .
Ofcourse you will read tge descriptions first and the feedbacks before you download any app on googleplay.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_