Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:23:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Snapshot  (Read 15045 times)
TeamSnapshot

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:10:56 PM

Talking about alpha version of the Snapshot that will be deployed on August 10th,
Which languages will be available for?

The Alpha version will only be available in English.

Not so long to wait only 2 weeks and the ICO is in 1 week. I really want to try this app out so badly. It is going to an an awesome way to earn some free investment but guys do not forget to get in quickly so we can be the big bagholders !! xD

The time has gone by fast for us. It's been a massive amount of work, but we enjoy it.

We'd like to remind everyone that all Snap tokens will be distributed regardless of us hitting the funding target. If by chance we dont meet our expectations users who still invested will end up receiving a larger share of Snaptokens. It seemed to be the only only fair way to distribute them in our eyes, we are confident in our ability to raise the capital but we are sorting through that "what ifs" in order to protect investors.

Like you said, users who get in early for the weekly rankings will be earning great amounts, and the value of those tokens will increase as Snapshot grows so its a great opportunity for users who aren't able to invest via the ICO to get their hands on some.
beautiful, the ico is accepting which currencies, i will need to prepare if need be that i convert or sell some for more of the accepted currencies,
great work dev.
EDIT
its eth, is their a possibility of accepting btc too

The Snapshot ICO will only be accepting Ethereum, Bitcoin will not be accepted. Thanks for the question.

Why no bitcoin acceptance? Kindly, Alexei.

Only accepting Ethereum streamlines the process so we can simply send the ERC20 tokens to the addresses funds were received from. It cuts out the necessity of an account based model.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 12:06:55 AM

Talking about alpha version of the Snapshot that will be deployed on August 10th,

Not so long to wait only 2 weeks and the ICO is in 1 week. I really want to try this app out so badly. It is going to an an awesome way to earn some free investment but guys do not forget to get in quickly so we can be the big bagholders !! xD

The time has gone by fast for us. It's been a massive amount of work, but we enjoy it.

We'd like to remind everyone that all Snap tokens will be distributed regardless of us hitting the funding target. If by chance we dont meet our expectations users who still invested will end up receiving a larger share of Snaptokens. It seemed to be the only only fair way to distribute them in our eyes, we are confident in our ability to raise the capital but we are sorting through that "what ifs" in order to protect investors.

Like you said, users who get in early for the weekly rankings will be earning great amounts, and the value of those tokens will increase as Snapshot grows so its a great opportunity for users who aren't able to invest via the ICO to get their hands on some.
beautiful, the ico is accepting which currencies, i will need to prepare if need be that i convert or sell some for more of the accepted currencies,
great work dev.
EDIT

The Snapshot ICO will only be accepting Ethereum, Bitcoin will not be accepted. Thanks for the question.

Only accepting Ethereum streamlines the process so we can simply send the ERC20 tokens to the addresses funds were received from. It cuts out the necessity of an account based model.

This may sound strange but I prefer not to "support" Bitcoin and rather altcoins. Prove to people there is a chance with altcoins and they do work and work well. We all know Bitcoin works it had enough attention alternative cryptocurrency payment methods are great. Infact it will benefit Snapshot in the long run seeing as it is an alternative currency to Bitcoin and is earned and used within an app that gives is value and a reason to exist.

--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:29:27 AM

great work dev.
EDIT

This may sound strange but I prefer not to "support" Bitcoin and rather altcoins. Prove to people there is a chance with altcoins and they do work and work well. We all know Bitcoin works it had enough attention alternative cryptocurrency payment methods are great. Infact it will benefit Snapshot in the long run seeing as it is an alternative currency to Bitcoin and is earned and used within an app that gives is value and a reason to exist.
I don't get it clearly because you contradict that you will not to support bitcoins and other altcoins.
For me it is good to accept aso bitcoins as the main currency used .because some people doesn't know bitcoins what more if they heard ethereum so bitcoins will have a big part in snapshot in spending on this application.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:43:07 PM

the ANN is now available in german: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2045414.msg20373309#msg20373309
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:12:32 PM

great work dev.
EDIT

I don't get it clearly because you contradict that you will not to support bitcoins and other altcoins.
For me it is good to accept aso bitcoins as the main currency used .because some people doesn't know bitcoins what more if they heard ethereum so bitcoins will have a big part in snapshot in spending on this application.

We have had some people voice their concerns that we would be leaving potential funding on the table through not accepting bitcoin.  We thought about the option but we always try to prioritize ease of access if possible, and an ICO where sign up isn't necessary best represents that . We felt that anyone who takes part in ICO funding would understand how to use shapeshift to easily convert their Bitcoin into Ethereum, so we aren't worried.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:25:15 PM

great work dev.
EDIT

We wanted to take the time to respond to your reply directly. It may seem odd to some, but we understand your point of view. For a long time in this sector any cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin had been largely dismissed by the community, the thought that there can only be one seemed to be the general consensus. But as the sector progresses and upstanding technologies such as Ethereum present themselves it is becoming more and more clear that this isn't the case.

There is room for legitimate cryptocurrency based technologies other than Bitcoin and it's important that we fight and promote the idea that it isn't a one pony show. At the end of the day it's important that technology progresses, and an ecosystem where multiple technologies are free to grow and develop a healthy reputation is important in that.
Lauren Smith

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 10:09:53 PM

Exactly ! I have some eth and some ltc both of which I have used to pay for things. Eth has had a lot of traction recently. It's already proved there is definitely a need and market for other currencies. There will never be only one type of currency no matter what. This might sound ridiculous but even movies and games about universal trades and things they don't even use one currency. Each planet has their own and even different ones within their own and the reason is really simple. It's freedom of choice. Maybe if I use and support a certain currency they give some to charity or research or to improve their apps. I mean why wouldn't you do that if you are using a certain app such as Snapshot backed by its own currency and using that currency makes the app develope faster and gives incentive to the Devs. Let's be realistic here support means a lot to Devs they can lose interest without it.

Even in shops you get special cards for extra discount for example a Woolworths card. It is not it's own currency but it works the same way as if it were. So now imagine Woolworths had it's own coin called wool coin or whatever. Now instead of a card that gives you discontinue you get discount when you pay using their coin. So some say but why ? How can they give so much discount ? The thing is companies spend most of their money on advertising and using your own coin is advertising in itself. Also if you bring the value up of your own coin you can afford to reesrd lots customers. A company would use this as a method if advertising so that is how and why they can offer good discounts. It's not nonesense or a scam as I have heard some people say. If you think about it it makes sense.

Btw we need to start conversations like this as often as possible because we need snapshot to be bumped often bit bumped with good information not just posts for the sake of s bump.

Pencil Pastel

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:11:42 AM

I think using altcoins for new apps is the only way forward to show pole how good the crypto world can be for them. Very exciting times for us as we are all the new adopters if the new she if digital currency. Apps like snapshot help promote altcoins as a whole.
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 05:37:39 AM

When is the end of this ICO?

Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:57:42 AM

I think at the end of this week but I can't be sure. Snapshot see normally online evenings eu time. So you will get your answer soon.
Stick around this is going to be good.
Lauren Smith

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 08:09:40 AM

Come come come !! Where is all the activity !! People too busy wasting time and money on scam coins then will cry later when they lose their btc. Instead of coming here to a real coin.

Snapshot will succeed so stop supporting shitcoin Devs !!

Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 08:31:25 AM

I think at the end of this week but I can't be sure. Snapshot see normally online evenings eu time. So you will get your answer soon.

It won't be too long a wait now. It should be within a week or so. I am in no rush and the Snapshot team shouldn't be either.
Take the time to do things properly so you only need to do it once. Plan 3x 4x even 5x but execute only once.
It is like what I was taught when making things. You measure 100x but you cut once. Rushing never helped anyone ever.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:59:28 AM

just have a look at page 1. ICO has not even started. i will start July 30th and will end August 10th. why i know this? because i made a translation.
Zionatin

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:11:35 AM

just have a look at page 1. ICO has not even started. i will start July 30th and will end August 10th. why i know this? because i made a translation.

Oh ok thanks I see now. Yes it is untill the end of the week. I thought that it was that long. Hopefully the App will be ready shortly afterwards ?
Translation from what language was it ?
standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:58:24 AM

Oh ok thanks I see now. Yes it is untill the end of the week. I thought that it was that long. Hopefully the App will be ready shortly afterwards ?

It would be much better if devs can release App before ICO.
That way the ICO will be finished much sooner.
Zionatin

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:06:50 PM

It would be much better if devs can release App before ICO.
That way the ICO will be finished much sooner.

Why would you want the ICO to release sooner ? What difference does it make ? Don't want s slap up job. People here are so impatient.
Makes me lol. The app will take longer then the ICO do do anyway.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:17:14 PM

The start of the ICO is July 30th, 1:00PMPM PDT/8:00 PM UTC.
The End is August 10th 1:00PM PDT/8:00PM UTC or when our funding limited has been reached.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:27:27 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 09:38:52 PM by TeamSnapshot

The application will be ready at the same time tokens from the ICO are distributed, August 10th. As Snap tokens are integral to the function of the application we wanted to release them and application in tandem.

People will generally try something once to decide if it has any value to them. Allowing users to try Snapshot when the tokens that make the application function haven't been deployed would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

That being said, we understand people are impatient so we felt a limited alpha would be a reasonable compromise. Any users that sign up for the limited alpha are involved enough that they would have the objectivity to see that Snapshot isn't really Snapshot until the tokens have been deployed and integrated into the ecosystem.

We hope that answers your questions and quells any concerns.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:58:48 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 11:15:33 PM by TeamSnapshot

Exactly ! I have some eth and some ltc both of which I have used to pay for things. Eth has had a lot of traction recently. It's already proved there is definitely a need and market for other currencies. There will never be only one type of currency no matter what. This might sound ridiculous but even movies and games about universal trades and things they don't even use one currency. Each planet has their own and even different ones within their own and the reason is really simple. It's freedom of choice. Maybe if I use and support a certain currency they give some to charity or research or to improve their apps. I mean why wouldn't you do that if you are using a certain app such as Snapshot backed by its own currency and using that currency makes the app develope faster and gives incentive to the Devs. Let's be realistic here support means a lot to Devs they can lose interest without it.

Even in shops you get special cards for extra discount for example a Woolworths card. It is not it's own currency but it works the same way as if it were. So now imagine Woolworths had it's own coin called wool coin or whatever. Now instead of a card that gives you discontinue you get discount when you pay using their coin. So some say but why ? How can they give so much discount ? The thing is companies spend most of their money on advertising and using your own coin is advertising in itself. Also if you bring the value up of your own coin you can afford to reesrd lots customers. A company would use this as a method if advertising so that is how and why they can offer good discounts. It's not nonesense or a scam as I have heard some people say. If you think about it it makes sense.

Btw we need to start conversations like this as often as possible because we need snapshot to be bumped often bit bumped with good information not just posts for the sake of s bump.

There still seems to be some resistance in the community regarding any coin or token that doesn't solely serve an economic function. It's fairly strange as things like colored coins, contract issuance and ledger capabilities where touted by the community as some of cryptocurrencies "killer apps" during its growth up to this point. When things that come out incorporating some of these technologies there always seems to be a sizeable crowd that says its not necessary or the technology/product has no legitimate reason to be in the cryptocurrency sector.

The resistance for growth in certain areas is a bit shocking considering how disruptive this industry is. Incorporating blockchain technology simply because its easier to use is in itself a valid reason for using the technology. We feel some of the resistance may come from the fact that many thought Bitcoin would be the answer to all the "killer apps" that were spoken of. Easy and simple issuance of a token that represents something is groundbreaking and has countless use cases, regardless of what platform it comes from. We think eventually some of this resistance will die down, its a hindrance to growth, not only to this sector but the world at large. Technology makes life easier, we shouldn't be impeding that.
Zionatin

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:56:07 PM

I think people on this forum are too full of it. Like wtf you won't be rich over night. I've heard people call coins I myself have profited off shit just because it never made them rich over night. People can't even be patient. People who are not patient don't deserve riches.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: