Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Snapshot  (Read 15042 times)
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 02:25:15 PM

Exactly ! I have some eth and some ltc both of which I have used to pay for things. Eth has had a lot of traction recently. It's already proved there is definitely a need and market for other currencies. There will never be only one type of currency no matter what. This might sound ridiculous but even movies and games about universal trades and things they don't even use one currency. Each planet has their own and even different ones within their own and the reason is really simple. It's freedom of choice. Maybe if I use and support a certain currency they give some to charity or research or to improve their apps. I mean why wouldn't you do that if you are using a certain app such as Snapshot backed by its own currency and using that currency makes the app develope faster and gives incentive to the Devs. Let's be realistic here support means a lot to Devs they can lose interest without it.

Even in shops you get special cards for extra discount for example a Woolworths card. It is not it's own currency but it works the same way as if it were. So now imagine Woolworths had it's own coin called wool coin or whatever. Now instead of a card that gives you discontinue you get discount when you pay using their coin. So some say but why ? How can they give so much discount ? The thing is companies spend most of their money on advertising and using your own coin is advertising in itself. Also if you bring the value up of your own coin you can afford to reesrd lots customers. A company would use this as a method if advertising so that is how and why they can offer good discounts. It's not nonesense or a scam as I have heard some people say. If you think about it it makes sense.

Btw we need to start conversations like this as often as possible because we need snapshot to be bumped often bit bumped with good information not just posts for the sake of s bump.

There still seems to be some resistance in the community regarding any coin or token that doesn't solely serve an economic function. It's fairy strange as things like colored coins, contract issuance and ledger capabilities where touted by the community as some of cryptocurrencies "killer apps" during its growth up to this point. When things that come out incorporating some of these technologies there always seems to be a sizeable crowd that says its not necessary or the technology/product has no legitimate reason to be in the cryptocurrency sector.

The resistance for growth in certain areas is a bit shocking considering how disruptive this industry is. Incorporating blockchain technology simply because its easier to use is in itself a valid reason for using the technology. We feel some of the resistance may come from the fact that many thought Bitcoin would be the answer to all the "killer apps" that were spoken of. Easy and simple issuance of a token that represents something is groundbreaking and has countless use cases, regardless of what platform it comes from. We think eventually some of this resistance will die down, its a hindrance to growth, not only to this sector but the world at large. Technology makes life easier, we shouldn't be impeding that.

I think if we just give it some time people will notice it is here to stay and show some interest. People who are not involved now are basically losing out on free money. The investment will be cheapest now and if you buy in enough now you can be a main player before the mainstream get involved and start doing well themselves.

TeamSnapshot

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:04:49 PM

Exactly ! I have some eth and some ltc both of which I have used to pay for things. Eth has had a lot of traction recently. It's already proved there is definitely a need and market for other currencies. There will never be only one type of currency no matter what. This might sound ridiculous but even movies and games about universal trades and things they don't even use one currency. Each planet has their own and even different ones within their own and the reason is really simple. It's freedom of choice. Maybe if I use and support a certain currency they give some to charity or research or to improve their apps. I mean why wouldn't you do that if you are using a certain app such as Snapshot backed by its own currency and using that currency makes the app develope faster and gives incentive to the Devs. Let's be realistic here support means a lot to Devs they can lose interest without it.

Even in shops you get special cards for extra discount for example a Woolworths card. It is not it's own currency but it works the same way as if it were. So now imagine Woolworths had it's own coin called wool coin or whatever. Now instead of a card that gives you discontinue you get discount when you pay using their coin. So some say but why ? How can they give so much discount ? The thing is companies spend most of their money on advertising and using your own coin is advertising in itself. Also if you bring the value up of your own coin you can afford to reesrd lots customers. A company would use this as a method if advertising so that is how and why they can offer good discounts. It's not nonesense or a scam as I have heard some people say. If you think about it it makes sense.

Btw we need to start conversations like this as often as possible because we need snapshot to be bumped often bit bumped with good information not just posts for the sake of s bump.

There still seems to be some resistance in the community regarding any coin or token that doesn't solely serve an economic function. It's fairy strange as things like colored coins, contract issuance and ledger capabilities where touted by the community as some of cryptocurrencies "killer apps" during its growth up to this point. When things that come out incorporating some of these technologies there always seems to be a sizeable crowd that says its not necessary or the technology/product has no legitimate reason to be in the cryptocurrency sector.

The resistance for growth in certain areas is a bit shocking considering how disruptive this industry is. Incorporating blockchain technology simply because its easier to use is in itself a valid reason for using the technology. We feel some of the resistance may come from the fact that many thought Bitcoin would be the answer to all the "killer apps" that were spoken of. Easy and simple issuance of a token that represents something is groundbreaking and has countless use cases, regardless of what platform it comes from. We think eventually some of this resistance will die down, its a hindrance to growth, not only to this sector but the world at large. Technology makes life easier, we shouldn't be impeding that.

I think if we just give it some time people will notice it is here to stay and show some interest. People who are not involved now are basically losing out on free money. The investment will be cheapest now and if you buy in enough now you can be a main player before the mainstream get involved and start doing well themselves.

That just seems to be the nature of things, early adopters will always be the group that see's the most benefits.

As the start of the ICO is looming we'd just like to post another reminder that the only official website is http://teamsnapshot.org.
AlexeiPetrov

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:13:54 PM

The alpha test will begin tomorrow correct?  Smiley Kindly, Alexei
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:17:46 PM

The alpha test will begin tomorrow correct?  Smiley Kindly, Alexei

Yes, that's correct. The limited alpha sign up starts tomorrow. The sign up form will be available on our website, but keep in mind registration wont start until the 28th PDT.
AlexeiPetrov

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:49:36 PM

Yes, that's correct. The limited alpha sign up starts tomorrow. The sign up form will be available on our website, but keep in mind registration wont start until the 28th PDT.

Ok  Smiley Thank you for taking time talking to users. I'm sure you guys are very busy!
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:40:05 PM

Ok  Smiley Thank you for taking time talking to users. I'm sure you guys are very busy!

Very busy, but we set aside time and make it a point to always get back to people. Its important to keep a line of communication open. Thanks for your questions, let us know if you have anything else that needs addressing.
Kisleav

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:48:38 PM

Very busy, but we set aside time and make it a point to always get back to people. Its important to keep a line of communication open. Thanks for your questions, let us know if you have anything else that needs addressing.
yes, thats correct keeping in touch with the community and working on our queries is great even amidst  busy hours, thanks dev, we appreciate all your inputs.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:25:55 PM

i think it is time to show the team to the public. and as a sign of trust you should pay some bounties now e.g. for translations in BTC.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:13:57 AM

I will keep an eye on the site i don't mind waiting I'll do it at night so in like 8 hours from now or a bit more then that maybe. The alpha sign up allows us to test the app right ?
standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:08:11 PM

I will keep an eye on the site i don't mind waiting I'll do it at night so in like 8 hours from now or a bit more then that maybe. The alpha sign up allows us to test the app right ?

I'd like to know your feedback after you tried the alpha.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 06:33:59 PM

There i another app called "steepshot" they were on bitcointalk a few months ago. Their app I was excited for but they never had Devs like Snapshot Devs they stopped being around and the app is still around but it doesn't have crypto worked into it like Snapshot does. Snapshot is way ahead of the game for sure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:21:48 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 07:48:18 PM by TeamSnapshot

We wanted to thank everyone that signed up for the limited alpha. We received more submissions than we expected, in a much smaller time frame than expected. We're glad the interest is there. Users who are accepted for the first limited alpha will receive an email with all the relevant information within 24 hours.

TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:27:48 PM

That is correct, the limited alpha allows users to download and use the application, with the consideration that they agree to the terms presented on the Alpha sign up page. We're very busy as the Initial coin offering is only a couple of days away but emails will be sent out sometime today to limited alpha members which contain access to the app and other information needed to take part in the alpha.
AlexeiPetrov

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:28:52 PM

I'd like to know your feedback after you tried the alpha.

I hope I get in Alpha too, I will post feedback if I do!  Smiley
AlexeiPetrov

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:04:25 PM

I have ethereum set for ICO. Will be waiting to make shure I get in. very excited!    Grin

Also Could you be telling me if I sign up in time for alpha? Kindly, Alexei.
TeamSnapshot

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:11:42 PM

I have ethereum set for ICO. Will be waiting to make shure I get in. very excited!    Grin

Also Could you be telling me if I sign up in time for alpha? Kindly, Alexei.

We're glad you're enthusiastic for the upcoming ICO, as far the the limited alpha is concerned emails will be sent out today. We'd appreciate your patience as there are many things we currently have to attend to. Thank you.
Kisleav

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:17:34 PM

good luck to the alpha testers, hope you provide better feed back and bugs for the devs to work on them before release of the beta version, we are relying on you for now, waiting for ico soon.
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1122

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 12:31:59 AM

ICO is almost here just a few hours left, I would suggest for the Snapshot's website be updated with few securities such as having a Green bar SSL encryption. It'll feel more secured for the investors and those who are planning to use your app.

Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:09:19 AM

We wanted to thank everyone that signed up for the limited alpha. We received more submissions than we expected, in a much smaller time frame than expected. We're glad the interest is there. Users who are accepted for the first limited alpha will receive an email with all the relevant information within 24 hours.

See we knew you might need more time because of all the interest. Remember there is more interest then just us that are posting. Many members simply read or maybe don't even have an account.
AlexeiPetrov

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:17:43 PM

Very happy I got in  Smiley The app is great! Everything makes sense, easy to use. Impressed.

Kindly, Alexei
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: