Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What wallets do you use?  (Read 53738 times)
MCMXCVI

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:05:43 PM

Which one suits you the most?

I use blokchain for the online wallet and mycelium for the mobile wallet  It's easy to use, simple, interface and safe enough.I also use Ledger wallet.  I'm having no problems about security. I keep my majority of coins in blockchain.info , but i want to try coinbase because of its low fee of transactions

TTMNewsK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:10:39 PM

I am currently using the bittrex now.
I'm using this wallet coz I know it is very safe and fast.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:14:37 PM

Im using wallets that i have full control of my bitcoins,the one with private keys. Because of the upcoming event on bitcoin, we should take away our bitcoins on exchanges and wallets that we dont have full control of our bitcoins.
It seems to me that the use of a purse is easier than to keep their codes in the computer. Maybe you if you refuse to use e-wallet, you have more control over their bitcoin, but what will you do if your computer is infected with a virus the extortioner?
ximply

Merit: 170

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 02:28:33 PM

Im using wallets that i have full control of my bitcoins,the one with private keys. Because of the upcoming event on bitcoin, we should take away our bitcoins on exchanges and wallets that we dont have full control of our bitcoins.
It seems to me that the use of a purse is easier than to keep their codes in the computer. Maybe you if you refuse to use e-wallet, you have more control over their bitcoin, but what will you do if your computer is infected with a virus the extortioner?

If your concern is the infection of virus then that is the power of Ledger Nano S. It is encrypted inside that small device and you can use it in any computer even if it is infected with a virus or malware.  If it the most safest hardware wallet i know.
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:37:02 PM

Bitcoin Core, because why not. It doesn't really cost me anything to have the entire blockchain downloaded and it supports the network.

Furthermore I don't trust any onlinewallets and haven't ordered a hardware wallet yet.

Another solution I use (not for me but for a community I am part of and in charge of storing our funds) I have got a live USB with tailOS, which has electrum installed.

[could be your ad]
tigershark

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:39:13 PM

Which one suits you the most?

I only use blockchain.info wallets and offline wallets. I think these are the safest and most secure. I just try to secure the private keys because otherwise, there's no way to access the coins.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 03:20:29 PM

I use electrum as my main savings wallet and blockchain.info as a spending wallet. I use to just use block chain.info but when I bought more Bitcoin and started collecting I wanted control of my private keys so I made the switch and I'm very happy. It's nice to have a fully functional and safe wallet that doesn't need the blockchain on your PC but rather connects to it online. Very clever.

Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:28:06 PM

so my friend convince me to try to use myEther wallet in waves wallet because i have no experience about what is the best to use it to transaction.

It's really a matter of personal choice. But I do suggest and if you're going to get your coins for anything more than 24 hours you want to keep them in a safe way to do so with an offline software wallet.  Desktop wallets are the best considering the fact that  hardfork is around 10 days from now and online wallets wont be save choice.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
LeancyBTC

Activity: 184

Bitcoin lovers <3

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:52:25 PM

I use electrum as my main savings wallet and blockchain.info as a spending wallet. I use to just use block chain.info but when I bought more Bitcoin and started collecting I wanted control of my private keys so I made the switch and I'm very happy. It's nice to have a fully functional and safe wallet that doesn't need the blockchain on your PC but rather connects to it online. Very clever.
Unless you are a developer or a programmer who works with bitcoin, I do not think that the whole blockchain is required in your wallet. Therefore, electrum is the best choice. Blockchain.info is also a great wallet but I never trust any online wallet because it is not good and can create a lot of problem to users
tiggycomb

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

▬▬ CARE 4 ME ▬▬ ▧

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:23:03 PM

Using two wallets, and I don't see a clear benefit in using more since most wallets work in the same way, some are different like core and Armory extensive technical capabilities, but I don't want to download the 100 GB blockchain, at least not now.
Using Electrum and Multibit HD (And I find the older classic multibit more comfortable for the user).

■  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ CARE 4 ME ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ■
▧  Peer-2-Peer Healthcare Management App  ▧  CareCoin Pre-ICO ▬ Starts July 17th, 2017  ▧
■▬▬▬ TWITTER ▬▬▬ FACEBOOK ▬▬▬ SLACK ▬▬▬ BITCOINTALK ▬▬▬■
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:34:25 PM

Just curious, how much BTC do you have to own before you will consider a hardware wallet?

Consider buying one as early as you decided that you will go into bitcoin seriously. its not on the initial amount of bitcoin that you have. its more of a long term planning and security. for a small amount of money you can already buy a hardware wallet and you will secure your bitcoin for real. A Ledger Nano S is one of the good example of hardware wallet. You can check it out here https://www.ledgerwallet.com

With one device you can store all your bitcoin plus you can also store all your altcoins. How perfect is that.
That's what I was curious actually. You did mentioned "that you will go into bitcoin seriously". Targeting wise, how much BTC is "serious"? Grin There's no right or wrong answer to be frank!

Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1344
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:38:49 PM

Using two wallets, and I don't see a clear benefit in using more since most wallets work in the same way, some are different like core and Armory extensive technical capabilities, but I don't want to download the 100 GB blockchain, at least not now.
Using Electrum and Multibit HD (And I find the older classic multibit more comfortable for the user).
There are some wallet that you can control the transaction like a web wallet like coinbase that they are just estimating the network fee.. unlike the electrum that you have control to choose or manually put how much you want to pay for the fee.
And electrum and multibit are good wallet because you can backup your private keys unlike other wallet like coinbase..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ximply

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:44:36 PM

Just curious, how much BTC do you have to own before you will consider a hardware wallet?

Consider buying one as early as you decided that you will go into bitcoin seriously. its not on the initial amount of bitcoin that you have. its more of a long term planning and security. for a small amount of money you can already buy a hardware wallet and you will secure your bitcoin for real. A Ledger Nano S is one of the good example of hardware wallet. You can check it out here https://www.ledgerwallet.com

With one device you can store all your bitcoin plus you can also store all your altcoins. How perfect is that.
That's what I was curious actually. You did mentioned "that you will go into bitcoin seriously". Targeting wise, how much BTC is "serious"? Grin There's no right or wrong answer to be frank!

Actually there is no cap on the amount of bitcoin, it all depends on the person's value of assets. For me i plan to have more than 10 bitcoin in a few months so as early as now i already bought my Ledger Nano S to secure my bitcoin. Right now i dont have much yet and you can check my wallet below. But im serious on bitcoin. So it's really up to you.
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:09:52 PM

I use secure and easy online wallet like xapo and coinbase. Although the fee is high, but safe and reliable

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:46:41 PM

If you are having desktop wallet then you will have no problem. I would to give you an idea. That use a desktop bitcoin. Because desktop bitcoin is 100% protected and safe. There will be no problem in desktop wallets. So yes we should exchange but if we have a knowledge about desktop wallet then we should transfer our bitcoins there for more protection.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:35:13 AM

That makes the two of us. Though I only got on the Electrum few days ago in readiness to guard my coins against the August 1 speculation. However, I haven't been able to locate the so much talked about Private keys. I only have seen the Public keys and Seeds. Is there anywhere else to look for the private keys?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jityap

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:52:30 AM

xapo wallet and zebapy,unocoin wallets i used mostly,but zebpay suits for me,i feel safe and fast transactions. it shows alerts of bitcoin prices also.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:58:07 AM

xapo wallet and zebapy,unocoin wallets i used mostly,but zebpay suits for me,i feel safe and fast transactions. it shows alerts of bitcoin prices also.
The best wallet of bitcoins that must be choosen is the most suitable for use, except the fetures on the wallet of service
in my experience mycelium is the best wallet of bitcoins for me, because it is good for mobile devices users
there is sign in message on mycelium wallet except secure, easy to be used fast and many other beneficial on mycelium wallet.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:03:53 AM

Currently I only use web wallet, I've tried to use offline wallet but less I like because of bother and many settings to do. But to anticipate the hard fork issue I'd switch bitcoins to some altcoins like ETH, Litecoin and some other coins.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

ximply

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:04:06 AM

The best wallet of bitcoins that must be choosen is the most suitable for use, except the fetures on the wallet of service
in my experience mycelium is the best wallet of bitcoins for me, because it is good for mobile devices users
there is sign in message on mycelium wallet except secure, easy to be used fast and many other beneficial on mycelium wallet.

Yes i agree. Im also using mycelium and i find it good and useful for mobile users. Mycelium is next go my Ledger Nano S. Ledger Nano S is the best for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: