Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scams involving altcoins  (Read 829 times)
Coinbuck @ BTCLot (OP)

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 10:26:31 AM

I've just been looking at the alternative cryptocurrencies section (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0) and it is a wild scam feast.

If you look at the scam accusations most of them involve alts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

There is new coins and scammers popping up every minute and I think this section needs more moderators to avoid total chaos.

Bitcoin is the future !
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:34:28 AM

The solution is not to throw more moderation at the growing mountain of "Now-I'm-gonna-be-rich-too"-type newbies crying over losing the buck fifty they made mowing the lawn. The solution is to move altcoins altogether from this bitcoin forum to another forum. One could call it specialcointalk.org. You know, like in "special coins for special people"
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:36:49 AM

The solution is not to throw more moderation at the growing mountain of "Now-I'm-gonna-be-rich-too"-type newbies crying over losing the buck fifty they made mowing the lawn. The solution is to move altcoins altogether from this bitcoin forum to another forum. One could call it specialcointalk.org. You know, like in "special coins for special people"

+1

I suggest creating a marketplace subforum in the alt cyptocurrencies section and moving all trades involving cryptocurrencies there. (Except Ripple, that goes straight to the trashcan).
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:25:00 AM

So true!!

100% support. It's getting out of hand.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot (OP)

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 12:04:59 PM

That would be a permanent solution. Altcoins can give some really bad PR to bitcointalk due to the huge volume of scams that I've seen in the last days.

Of course it's always newbies fault to avoid using a trusted escrow and sometimes it is an expensive lesson Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is the future !
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:54:10 PM

I've just been looking at the alternative cryptocurrencies section (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0) and it is a wild scam feast.

If you look at the scam accusations most of them involve alts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

There is new coins and scammers popping up every minute and I think this section needs more moderators to avoid total chaos.
Well, only theymos can give out scammer tags. I'm getting bombarded with scam tagging requests so much that I wanna just ignore the damn section now.  Angry I'm requesting theymos to give me the power to temporarily tag users, probably with 'Unconfirmed scammer' or something like that in the meantime to be able to handle such cases.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot (OP)

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 03:27:55 PM

Well, only theymos can give out scammer tags. I'm getting bombarded with scam tagging requests so much that I wanna just ignore the damn section now.  Angry I'm requesting theymos to give me the power to temporarily tag users, probably with 'Unconfirmed scammer' or something like that in the meantime to be able to handle such cases.

John K do you have any update on this ?

Many non-tagged scammers are still active in the community  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is the future !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: