Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: downtime soon ?  (Read 2928 times)
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:14:29 PM

Those seized coins won't affect bitcoin prices obviously because need more than 1000btc to make big impact while people who win the bid may not sell it all of it in the nearly future. Furthermore, it is an old news if I am not wrong about it, better to add some links to support your statement Op.
Right now, people more worried about uncertain news whether segwit2x will be activated or most blocks won't support it. Many speculation about it and may be exaggerating, but we have to prepared just in case it fail and cause another crash.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 05:03:17 PM

there are many reports which states that the coins sized my GOVT agencies will be auctioned soon...
if we do some calculation i think there are aprox 1000 BTC (maybe more) which are freeze by agencies from various counties

if i remember correctly Silkroad admin alone had 300+ BTC..

now if those reports are correct
and if those BTC again come to circulation
does it mean we can expect a huge decrease in BTC rate in future ?

As to me, that's unlikely

The auctioned bitcoins are not sold in the open market so they are not going to directly affect the orderbooks, so to speak. They don't change current market supply and demand, and thus can't influence market prices. It is pretty much the same if Satoshi sold his bitcoins to someone off the market and we never knew the price. If the auctioned bitcoins enter the market later, they will of course affect prices, but people typically don't buy bitcoins with the purpose of selling them the next day (unless prices change dramatically, of course)

Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:06:17 PM

Those seized coins won't affect bitcoin prices obviously because need more than 1000btc to make big impact while people who win the bid may not sell it all of it in the nearly future. Furthermore, it is an old news if I am not wrong about it, better to add some links to support your statement Op.
Right now, people more worried about uncertain news whether segwit2x will be activated or most blocks won't support it. Many speculation about it and may be exaggerating, but we have to prepared just in case it fail and cause another crash.
Well, just have some bad news about SegWit2x failure, the user of Bitcoin will panic and they want going fast to USDT or other cryptocurrency to keep safe their funds. I always ready the happens big breakdown the price of Bitcoin, this is best time to buy a lot of amount to holding long-term

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 05:30:40 PM

Well, just have some bad news about SegWit2x failure, the user of Bitcoin will panic and they want going fast to USDT or other cryptocurrency to keep safe their funds. I always ready the happens big breakdown the price of Bitcoin, this is best time to buy a lot of amount to holding long-term

I don't know what you mean by "bad news about SegWit2x failure"

If you want to say that miners are going to decline the SegWit2x proposal at the last moment, that just means that we will remain where we are now and nothing is going to change any time soon. This won't give the price a lot of boost obviously (as SegWit activation might have done), but, on the other hand, we won't see the prices crash as it might be the case if Bitcoin were to be hard forked. In other words, every cloud has a silver lining

trogutithi (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:09:24 PM

darkweb market alphabay is down now
& in past 24 hours BTC rate is ~8.3% :/

foxbat

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:24:01 PM

No. If there is a dump now it's because of a pre SegWit uncertainty. Many people are also dumping to add to the wave and cause more panic, so that they can buy more and be ready for a pump in a month or two.

Auctions used to be a big thing, but history has shown that people who buy at auctions don't dump. There was never a huge sell off after the auction, always before it and i'm sure there won't be one now. These people are not trying to buy at auction to earn a few $ per coin, they are hoping for a pump and millions in profit. You always sell when it's rising, when the liquidity is high and the buyers can take it without noticing.
This, the cause of panic come from segwit activation and the possibility of  a hard fork, it is not clear what it may happen at the time and some are selling their coins for fiat or altcoins in order to avoid all this mess.

it is because of the possibility of a "split" not a hard fork. and people fear that if a split happens price can go down a lot since many will sell on one side only.
but the problem is, right now we are seeing nearly 90% total support for SegWit and when support is that big the chance of a split is ne arly zero.
But it looks the consensus will be worked. If the possibility of the split can't be happen and i think all of the result for the segwit activation will go for smoothly. But that will be different with the chain gets forked and  BTU clone token will be appeared in. it doesn't look good, The big dump will follow it.

I think everyone's consensus will be very low, because people always choose what they want, they do not think about the future of bitcoin, if bitcoin is divided, it can enter the dark period.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:18:41 PM

Your opinions are indicating true downtime but the it's not narrow as we think. There is more of it that could cause us think we have more way to downtime.
The market is already cracking and I do not know what to expect tomorrow. Look only at what prices today have tokens. The thing is that yesterday we saw a huge fall, and today we are gradually beginning to get out of the negative. If this goes on, then it will be a good trend.
Many people expect that their investment in coins will be long-term. They are jumping the prices are not crucial. It is only for a limited number of speculators problem. Those who by chance has bitcoin not trust him becomes an easy prey for speculators.
If the user is doesn't have a patience will be an easy target for the bitcoin speculators. Those who panic selling is already in a lose. What will you expect to them if they are on a panic because bitcoin price is starting to dump. Then there's this Segwit2x on August 1st, bitcoin will be going down this month and i think it will be back after August 1st is done.

stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:41:20 PM

there is some panic in the market about 1st August but i am sure that it will not continue for a long time but very soon the panic will become overe and i am sure that as soon as the 1st August will over the price will again start increasing and this time there are more chances that the price of bitcoin will hit 4000$ in next few days.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:42:21 PM

As of now the price of a single bitcoin is about more than 1400$ . And for more stronger proof, bitcoin has recently beat the value of the gold price. bitcoin exchanges are becomes more busy than ever , also the need for bitcoin exchange software took up a increasing rate of growth . While in the start of the year 2017 bitcoin rally has climb up to 1000$ after longing for three years. Sure the price value is expected to grow further in cryptocurrency arena. So
for me, bitcoin is still growing and will not getting as the years go by. So it is better to save it.
things make the current situation happened about the down price is because of lack of circulations,
what i mean is people getting tired about how the transaction executed so long time ,
the fee itself is really so high and people thinks it's not worth anymore ,
the down time is near if segwit later didn't produce something positive.
It is common sense that time is needed to make a profit when you invest. Similarly in the case of bitcoin, you need some time to make a good profit but it is always a personal preference when to pull out one's investment and change it into profit.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:57:45 AM

As of now the price of a single bitcoin is about more than 1400$ . And for more stronger proof, bitcoin has recently beat the value of the gold price. bitcoin exchanges are becomes more busy than ever , also the need for bitcoin exchange software took up a increasing rate of growth . While in the start of the year 2017 bitcoin rally has climb up to 1000$ after longing for three years. Sure the price value is expected to grow further in cryptocurrency arena. So
for me, bitcoin is still growing and will not getting as the years go by. So it is better to save it.
things make the current situation happened about the down price is because of lack of circulations,
what i mean is people getting tired about how the transaction executed so long time ,
It is common sense that time is needed to make a profit when you invest. Similarly in the case of bitcoin, you need some time to make a good profit but it is always a personal preference when to pull out one's investment and change it into profit.
Bitcoin is very demanding when it comes to investment. Of course when it a person invests in bitcoin, time is needed to make a marginal profit. But as compared to others assists like gold it a very fast and effective way to secure profit. I do not think anymore downtime will be possible as scalability issue will be solved by aug 1st.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:35:28 PM

Bitcoin is very demanding when it comes to investment. Of course when it a person invests in bitcoin, time is needed to make a marginal profit. But as compared to others assists like gold it a very fast and effective way to secure profit. I do not think anymore downtime will be possible as scalability issue will be solved by aug 1st.

Bitcoin is in a demand when you see it in price wise. Other than received there was huge dump nearly 300$ changed in the price chart. Price changes are normal in bitcoin we has to take it normal first, when we look at the current price you will get the profit just bought at the time and sell it now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: