Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:20:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info - how to see actual balance of owned addresses  (Read 382 times)
rdnkjdi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:40:39 PM

When I log into blockchain.info & go to Settings ->  Addresses -> My Bitcoin Wallet I see a balance of say .33 Bitcoin.  When I click on "Show Archived Addresses" I find all 0 balance addresses.

I cannot find the actual address my bitcoin balance is stored in at all.  I have also tried Settings -> Addresses -> My Bitcoin Wallet -> Archived Addresses.  Still 0 balances.

I'm trying to sign a bitcoin address but I cannot find the one that I actually have a balance in.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:51:27 AM

When I log into blockchain.info & go to Settings ->  Addresses -> My Bitcoin Wallet I see a balance of say .33 Bitcoin.  When I click on "Show Archived Addresses" I find all 0 balance addresses.

I cannot find the actual address my bitcoin balance is stored in at all.  I have also tried Settings -> Addresses -> My Bitcoin Wallet -> Archived Addresses.  Still 0 balances.

I'm trying to sign a bitcoin address but I cannot find the one that I actually have a balance in.

Archived addresess are addresses that you delete from your wallet, but aren't actually deleted but rather just hidden from your view if you like and isn't included in your actual balance. It is not your previously used balances.

To see your change addresses/all the addreses you have used, go to "my bitcoin wallet" or whatver your wallet is named, click on manage, then you'll see "used addreses". Scroll down, you'll see all the addresses, be able to see the balance in those addresses, and sign an address on whichever one you fancy.

If my description wasnt enough: https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/207746403-Addresses
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:31:04 PM

You can't sign message with your blockchain.info wallet addresses and you can't even know all of your wallet addresses there. You have to import bitcoin address into your wallet from which you can sign a message.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 10:31:28 PM

You can't sign message with your blockchain.info wallet addresses and you can't even know all of your wallet addresses there. You have to import bitcoin address into your wallet from which you can sign a message.
Actually, you can sign a message. But for now that's only available for your imported addresses.

And you can also see all your wallet addresses just like Yuuto said. I logged in my older Blockchain wallet and could see all my old addresses just by doing what the Blockchain support article says. https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/207746403-Addresses

Manage
Your wallet automatically manages your bitcoin addresses for you by generating a new one each time you need one to receive a payment. You can click on Manage to the right of a category to see all of the individual addresses that have been generated for that specific category.

OP, you could also get your wallet xPub and see in the blockchain which address has the amount of Bitcoin you are talking about.

Within the Manage section is a More Options button. You can edit the name of the category, make the category the default for receiving and sending, or archive it so it no longer appears in your balance (note that archived categories can be unarchived).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████