Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:57:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ ▀▄▀▄▀ BITBAR on BTER now LIVE ▀▄▀▄▀ ★★  (Read 8970 times)
rafsoaken

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:20:44 PM

The only value in cryptocoins lies in
1) Stability in price (good for merchants and users alike)
2) Security of the network
(besides obviously ease of use, anonymity, etc.).
The price doesnt really matter if you are interested in building a working economy out of it, that is just a side effect of its usage adoption.

Now with BitBar the issue is
1) as tiny alt coin there is no stability at all,
2) as tiny alt coin the network isnt very secure either
besides other problems like denominations are too big (pple are already want to switch to mBTC or uBTC), bitbar deliberately fools you into thinking just because its rare it must be valuable - Instead it is just the opposite with cryptocoins,
if they are not rare and are traded all over the place they have value.
my 2 satoshis.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:21:43 PM

I'm not bashing this coin (I don't have any so maybe I'm a bit jelly..)

but I seriously cannot imagine any coin being higher than BTC, that's just my opinion.

Will be very interesting to see where this goes.

You raise a good point, is a psychological thing. But to give an example:

Say there are 5 bitcoins in existence, 10 litecoins, 50 feathercoins, and 100 namecoins.
   If the current real world economics are applied, and let's say bitcoin is valued at $100, then due to the availability of the other coins, litecoins are worth $50, feathercoins $10, and namecoins $5.
   That's how pricing currently works.
   Now if a new alt comes around; bitbar, and there's only 1 bitbar in existence, if we follow the pricing model, that bitbar is worth $500 dollars.

"But another alt can't be worth more than bitcoin?"
Of course it can, it's all about the economics of the coin, it's availability, circulation, supply, and future potential.

Personally, I think that bitbar has a future, it's an alt that's (so far) not been pumped, not been spruiked by shills, and has not been overhyped. It's just steadily chugged along in the background. That's what you want from an alt, steady, consistent growth with a long term future in mind.

Good explanation, however, it will take time, which no one knows how long. This is the reason why LTC is not 1/4 of BTC yet.
sterob

Activity: 175

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:30:45 PM

but I seriously cannot imagine any coin being higher than BTC, that's just my opinion.

For example  if 1 block feathercoin reward 0.0001 instead of 200 then yes 1 feathercoin will > 1 bitcoin

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:37:26 PM

The price doesnt really matter if you are interested in building a working economy out of it, that is just a side effect of its usage adoption.

besides other problems like denominations are too big (pple are already want to switch to mBTC or uBTC), bitbar deliberately fools you into thinking just because its rare it must be valuable - Instead it is just the opposite with cryptocoins,
my 2 satoshis.

LTC's network hash rate was on average 0.5Gh/s three months ago, lower than the current BTB network hash rate, and it has been there for a year. Yet no one has successfully attacked LTC, so I dare you try and attack BTB network if you think it isn't very secure, PPC based coins have extra protection against 51% attack thru the use of check points and PoS block generation. It's nearly impossible to 51% attack a PPC based coin.

Price stability has been surprisingly good, hovering around 0.5btc-1btc ever since inception, even on the exchange it's still trading in that range. I'd say the price stability is solid against FTC or CNC.

Denomination is only too big if you use it as a transactional currency, which it is not, it is designed as a reserve currency, for example US banks transact inter-bank physical bill business using $100,000 bills, not circulated in public's hands.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
zdarkazn

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:38:56 PM

my 2 satoshis.

LTC's network hash rate was on average 0.5Gh/s three months ago, lower than the current BTB network hash rate, and it has been there for a year. Yet no one has successfully attacked LTC, so I dare you try and attack BTB network if you think it isn't very secure.

Price stability has been surprisingly good, hovering around 0.5btc-1btc ever since inception, even on the exchange it's still trading in that range. I'd say the price stability is solid against FTC or CNC.

Denomination is only too big if you use it as a transactional currency, which it is not, it is designed as a reserve currency, for example US banks transact inter-bank physical bill business using $100,000 bills, not circulated in public's hands.

ooo $100k bills. I want one..  Grin I have a 5k bill  Smiley
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:44:19 PM

BTer run out of room at the top for all the coins?
lukemarshall

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:46:02 PM

if they are not rare and are traded all over the place they have value
my 2 satoshis.

I can see what you are saying, but what about all the people who tend to hoard coins as a store of value?

Edit: redundant

Its all about what the people want...
Caesar V

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:47:25 PM

Go get you some Bro...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194324.0
haha, nice!
rafsoaken

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:02:33 PM

my 2 satoshis.

I can see what you are saying, but what about all the people who tend to hoard coins as a store of value?

I think hoarding is not storing value but speculating that the currency appreciates in value through increased adoption, ie higher volume of market transactions.
IMO nobody just wants to "store" fiat in volatile commodities/currencies, if it isn't speculation in part at least.

Also if banks want to transact money via cryptocurrencies, it makes no sense to use BitBar if they already use Bitcoin (type a number and hit send in both cases). Also 100k dollar bills make sense if you would otherwise end up with piles of paper money, but sending 10kBTC or 100k BTC makes no difference really.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:16:39 PM

my 2 satoshis.

I think hoarding is not storing value but speculating that the currency appreciates in value through increased adoption, ie higher volume of market transactions.
IMO nobody just wants to "store" fiat in volatile commodities/currencies, if it isn't speculation in part at least.

Also if banks want to transact money via cryptocurrencies, it makes no sense to use BitBar if they already use Bitcoin (type a number and hit send in both cases). Also 100k dollar bills make sense if you would otherwise end up with piles of paper money, but sending 10kBTC or 100k BTC makes no difference really.

oh but it would make sense, you are aware that Bitcoin chain grows by 6GB+ every year, at current transaction rate?  You think banks/big players like to deal with all that bloated blockchain shit with tons of dust/spam and possibly tainted coins? Compared to Bitcoin, BTB blockchain is tiny and will always be tiny because it's PPC based, with dust/spam protection. Also the large denomination discourage using it as transactional currency, so it is the perfect reserve crypto for banks/big players.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
twelph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:18:31 PM

my 2 satoshis.

oh but it would make sense, you are aware that Bitcoin chain grows by 6GB+ every year, at current transaction rate?  You think banks/big players like to deal with all that bloated blockchain shit with tons of dust/spam and possibly tainted coins? Compared to Bitcoin, BTB blockchain is tiny and will always be tiny because it's PPC based, with dust/spam protection. Also the large denomination discourage using it as transactional currency, so it is the perfect reserve crypto for banks/big players.

What would be cool to see, are these "banks" keeping reserves of bitbars in cold storage Smiley. Gold bars in a vault.

Trustworthy Buyers: TTBit
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:33:26 PM

If anyone wants to cash out some BTB I'm buying at 0.7 BTC per BTB which is higher than the BTER bid price  Wink

PM me.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:35:02 PM

we need an exchange with volume bter seems to do more damage then good

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
zdarkazn

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:43:55 PM

we need an exchange with volume bter seems to do more damage then good

Thats what I feel. Some people holding them are panic sellers lol. With only about 3k in circulation, why be a panic seller? I dont get it. Is 0.7 Bitcoins really that much to those people?
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:45:42 PM

Wooot thanks for the link, I just dumped the 0.2 Bitbar that I mined before I discovered it was just a scamcoin, I got 0.14BTC for it LOL
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:48:17 PM

Wooot thanks for the link, I just dumped the 0.2 Bitbar that I mined before I discovered it was just a scamcoin, I got 0.14BTC for it LOL

you are just a trool

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:49:50 PM

you are just a trool

want proof?
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:54:11 PM

Markets decide what something is worth - which is why so many of my alt coins are currently worth practically nothing!

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:54:31 PM

you are just a trool

want proof?

I have a proof that BTC creator bought a island! Smiley

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
hdclover (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:04:17 PM

If anyone wants to cash out some BTB I'm buying at 0.7 BTC per BTB which is higher than the BTER bid price  Wink

PM me.

well dont get me wrong chinese people still dont know that BTER is trading BTB, soon u will see different bid range.

Blah blah
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: