Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ ▀▄▀▄▀ BITBAR on BTER now LIVE ▀▄▀▄▀ ★★  (Read 8970 times)
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:46:06 PM

That will last about another two seconds. Given that it takes nearly two days to get a payout and the one pool for it is wak, it might not be profitable by the time you can dump the coin. Especially after another 100 people jump on it.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:47:04 PM

How dumb do you have to be to think that a random altcoin should be valued in some direct comparison to BTC just because it's difficult to mine? Seriously people, use your brain.

The scarcity will keep the price high. NVC is worth nothing, yet in spite of this it's priced higher than LTC simply because there isn't as much supply. People who like to diversify will want some to keep on hand as insurance or to dump during rallies.

Yeah. Mincoin is similar in that regard too. And has a lot of haters. Seems like mincoin, nvc and bitbar have more in common than just scarce supply.

The fact that Bitbar is mentioned in the same breath as Mincoin shows just how scammy, worthless, overhyped and doomed it is.
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:20:02 PM

that may have been a mistake.. 0.63
Jakewell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:31:02 PM

Seeing this bar has only 0.15 reward per block.. i think its very undervalued... it will rise.. to around 2.5 btc per btb
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:38:33 PM

the fact that the exchange has started to trade btbs unofficially is counterproductive for the price. no new buyers get attracted cause nobody learns about btbs, instead alot of miners/hoarders start selling.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:41:44 PM

Seeing this bar has only 0.15 reward per block.. i think its very undervalued... it will rise.. to around 2.5 btc per btb

Sure buddy, cause releasing a coin with a shitty reward system makes it REALLY valuable. DERP!
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:42:32 PM

the fact that the exchange has started to trade btbs unofficially is counterproductive for the price. no new buyers get attracted cause nobody learns about btbs, instead alot of miners/hoarders start selling.

Agree, thats why this should have been keep private till public release

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
ohhaithere

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:47:33 PM

Agree, thats why this should have been keep private till public release

It's all part of the pre-mine mentality. Stock up on the pre-market!
jackcc

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:46:14 AM

the price so low
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:08:35 AM

What happened to the forum over the last few hours? Did all the children just get home from school? It's unbelievable how immature some of the posts in here are.

We should really be talking facts, not listening to trolls, so let's talk facts:

1. Bitbar is essentially based on one core idea, extreme rarity. Extreme rarity/extreme scarcity has intrinsic benefits in that it's resistant to pump and dump schemes, and thus it's price will remain relatively stable. This makes it an ideal store of wealth. This also makes it significantly unique.
2. Bitbar incorporates ideas from Novacoin, namely POS and POW in combination. It was an offshoot of the fairnova project, aimed at introducing a coin with the good ideas of novacoin, without the 200,000 pre-mined coins by the dev.
3. The network hashrate is very strong and continuing to grow.

Now, if we want to talk about a fair price, let's do a comparison:

• You've got 18,859,022 ppcoins as of today, at a price of 0.00254 BTC/PPC.
  • You've got 6,513,850 feathercoins as of today, at a price of 0.00202 BTC/FTC.
  • You've got 387,261 novacoins as of today, at a price of 0.0311 BTC/NVC.
  • Compare that to 2,786 bitbars as of today, at a price of 0.69 BTC/BTB.

This makes the total value of all PPcoins 47,901BTC, the total value of all feathercoins around 13,222BTC, and the total value of all novacoins around 12,043BTC. Currently, if we go by the exchange rate on bter.com (which is in beta and not open to the public), you've got a total value of all bitbars around 1,860BTC.

To me, that seems seriously undervalued. Once bitbar on bter.com becomes public and is added to the menu for it's regular users, once bitbar is added to websites such as coinchoose, and hopefully if more real users start looking at bitbar, considering it's strengths and benefits, and ignoring the trolls, we might see this currency continue it's slow and steady march towards adoption.

That's the thing the childish trolls need to understand, this is a long term plan, a long term cryptocurrency, designed to stick around and remain at a stable fair price (whatever that becomes). The fundamentals are sound (design and network hash), and I can see it being accepted (eventually) as a real player.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
hdclover (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:10:03 AM

this coin has limited supply less than 2800 pieces in existance, so dont worry about price, most people keep their coin and dont want to sell at cheap rates, you can see the volume is very little is easy to "Pump n Dump" Smiley

Blah blah
zdarkazn

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:10:28 AM

What happened to the forum over the last few hours? Did all the children just get home from school? It's unbelievable how immature some of the posts in here are.

We should really be talking facts, not listening to trolls, so let's talk facts:

1. Bitbar is essentially based on one core idea, extreme rarity. Extreme rarity/extreme scarcity has intrinsic benefits in that it's resistant to pump and dump schemes, and thus it's price will remain relatively stable. This makes it an ideal store of wealth. This also makes it significantly unique.
2. Bitbar incorporates ideas from Novacoin, namely POS and POW in combination. It was an offshoot of the fairnova project, aimed at introducing a coin with the good ideas of novacoin, without the 200,000 pre-mined coins by the dev.

This makes the total value of all PPcoins 47,901BTC, the total value of all feathercoins around 13,222BTC, and the total value of all novacoins around 12,043BTC. Currently, if we go by the exchange rate on bter.com (which is in beta and not open to the public), you've got a total value of all bitbars around 1,860BTC.

To me, that seems seriously undervalued. Once bitbar on bter.com becomes public and is added to the menu for it's regular users, once bitbar is added to websites such as coinchoose, and hopefully if more real users start looking at bitbar, considering it's strengths and benefits, and ignoring the trolls, we might see this currency continue it's slow and steady march towards adoption.

That's the thing the childish trolls need to understand, this is a long term plan, a long term cryptocurrency, designed to stick around and remain at a stable fair price (whatever that becomes). The fundamentals are sound (design and network hash), and I can see it being accepted (eventually) as a real player.

That is why you hold and wait  Smiley
hdclover (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:12:31 AM

+1 . and dont you dare worry about pre-mined all the new alt-coins always got pre-mined branded on them. Smiley

Blah blah
jackcc

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:27:06 AM

一the. point is somebody ;pay close attention to the coin.is't?
ohhaithere

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:44:04 AM

PPC: 18859022 * 0.00254 = 47901BTC
FTC: 6513850 * 0.00202 = 13157BTC
NVC: 387261 * 0.0311 = 12043BTC

The contents of this tiny sample size clearly illustrate that comparing coins is a scholarly plan [/sarcasm]

I always have to just laugh at comparisons of coins. Coins don't compare, because they're all worthless! That said, I stocked up on bitbars because I think people are going to love the concept for about a month.
RustyShackleford1950

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:54:10 AM

PPC: 18859022 * 0.00254 = 47901BTC
FTC: 6513850 * 0.00202 = 13157BTC
NVC: 387261 * 0.0311 = 12043BTC

The contents of this tiny sample size clearly illustrate that comparing coins is a scholarly plan [/sarcasm]

I always have to just laugh at comparisons of coins. Coins don't compare, because they're all worthless! That said, I stocked up on bitbars because I think people are going to love the concept for about a month.

Actually, comparisons between coins can be made.

You can clearly see a pattern here even in this small sample.

PPCoin is considered a major coin, or at least a well established and well respected coin. Which is reflected in it's higher valuation.
FTC and NVC are both at about the same level in terms of their network and their public respect. They are both considered minor coins.

Bitbar will also be considered a minor coin if it isn't already. This would suggest that's it's price should reflect it's position. Though it hasn't got there yet, that's what the math says.

Peleus

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:30:09 AM

I'm not bashing this coin (I don't have any so maybe I'm a bit jelly..)

but I seriously cannot imagine any coin being higher than BTC, that's just my opinion.

Will be very interesting to see where this goes.

You raise a good point, is a psychological thing. But to give an example:

Say there are 5 bitcoins in existence, 10 litecoins, 50 feathercoins, and 100 namecoins.
   If the current real world economics are applied, and let's say bitcoin is valued at $100, then due to the availability of the other coins, litecoins are worth $50, feathercoins $10, and namecoins $5.
   That's how pricing currently works.
   Now if a new alt comes around; bitbar, and there's only 1 bitbar in existence, if we follow the pricing model, that bitbar is worth $500 dollars.

"But another alt can't be worth more than bitcoin?"
Of course it can, it's all about the economics of the coin, it's availability, circulation, supply, and future potential.

Personally, I think that bitbar has a future, it's an alt that's (so far) not been pumped, not been spruiked by shills, and has not been overhyped. It's just steadily chugged along in the background. That's what you want from an alt, steady, consistent growth with a long term future in mind.

No.

Scarcity is not the only factor in value. I could by that logic create a coin where only 0.0000000000001 of a piece exists and it's worth $1 million dollars.
baka

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:41:50 AM

but I seriously cannot imagine any coin being higher than BTC, that's just my opinion.

Say there are 5 bitcoins in existence, 10 litecoins, 50 feathercoins, and 100 namecoins.
   If the current real world economics are applied, and let's say bitcoin is valued at $100, then due to the availability of the other coins, litecoins are worth $50, feathercoins $10, and namecoins $5.
   Now if a new alt comes around; bitbar, and there's only 1 bitbar in existence, if we follow the pricing model, that bitbar is worth $500 dollars.

Of course it can, it's all about the economics of the coin, it's availability, circulation, supply, and future potential.

Personally, I think that bitbar has a future, it's an alt that's (so far) not been pumped, not been spruiked by shills, and has not been overhyped. It's just steadily chugged along in the background. That's what you want from an alt, steady, consistent growth with a long term future in mind.

No.

Scarcity is not the only factor in value. I could by that logic create a coin where only 0.0000000000001 of a piece exists and it's worth $1 million dollars.

Then just f***ing do it.

To all the people who have no business aside from coming here to troll: Go trade a couple of thousand of YAC for BTC, cause I'm sure those have value.

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sc8XY5PmHK1NJ2DNvJhS82AQVFwMGimX8w
ohhaithere

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:52:34 AM

Scarcity is valuable, because people think it is.
RustyShackleford1950

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:58:10 AM

No.

Yes.

I don't really like responding to glib criticisms, but, yes, by that logic alone, if you created a coin where only 0.0000000000001 existed, which was then distributed to thousands of people in even smaller increments, say 1/100,000ths of the above number, AND the network hashing power supported the cryptocurrency and allowed many transactions to occur quickly, AND it was supported on an exchange. Then yes, the price should reflect other similarly priced coins of that volume and distribution. Though the benefits of such a hypothetical coin would be non-existent at this point in time.
Bitbar services a niche and backs up that service with solid hash rate, solid support, and a solid concept.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: