Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ ▀▄▀▄▀ BITBAR on BTER now LIVE ▀▄▀▄▀ ★★  (Read 8970 times)
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 05:58:46 AM

In addition to your towel...please sell some BTB...I'm trying to buy but there are no trades going on...where is everyone? 

Don't stop believing is right...scam or not...I'm profiting on this one...NOM NOM NOM...sell me more BTB...I'm considering selling/sending Casascius coins to buy more right now it's so damned cheap.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:58:48 AM

Scarcity is valuable, because people think it is.

If there is two identical coins with only difference being one of them will have a maximum amount of 100M coins, and the other one will have maximum of 1M coins. Isn't it rather logical for the rare one to be more valuable?
ssshhh

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:31:54 AM

What happened to the forum over the last few hours? Did all the children just get home from school? It's unbelievable how immature some of the posts in here are.

We should really be talking facts, not listening to trolls, so let's talk facts:

1. Bitbar is essentially based on one core idea, extreme rarity. Extreme rarity/extreme scarcity has intrinsic benefits in that it's resistant to pump and dump schemes, and thus it's price will remain relatively stable. This makes it an ideal store of wealth. This also makes it significantly unique.
2. Bitbar incorporates ideas from Novacoin, namely POS and POW in combination. It was an offshoot of the fairnova project, aimed at introducing a coin with the good ideas of novacoin, without the 200,000 pre-mined coins by the dev.
3. The network hashrate is very strong and continuing to grow.

Now, if we want to talk about a fair price, let's do a comparison:

• You've got 18,859,022 ppcoins as of today, at a price of 0.00254 BTC/PPC.
  • You've got 6,513,850 feathercoins as of today, at a price of 0.00202 BTC/FTC.
  • You've got 387,261 novacoins as of today, at a price of 0.0311 BTC/NVC.
  • Compare that to 2,786 bitbars as of today, at a price of 0.69 BTC/BTB.

This makes the total value of all PPcoins 47,901BTC, the total value of all feathercoins around 13,222BTC, and the total value of all novacoins around 12,043BTC. Currently, if we go by the exchange rate on bter.com (which is in beta and not open to the public), you've got a total value of all bitbars around 1,860BTC.

To me, that seems seriously undervalued. Once bitbar on bter.com becomes public and is added to the menu for it's regular users, once bitbar is added to websites such as coinchoose, and hopefully if more real users start looking at bitbar, considering it's strengths and benefits, and ignoring the trolls, we might see this currency continue it's slow and steady march towards adoption.

That's the thing the childish trolls need to understand, this is a long term plan, a long term cryptocurrency, designed to stick around and remain at a stable fair price (whatever that becomes). The fundamentals are sound (design and network hash), and I can see it being accepted (eventually) as a real player.

+1

The resistance to high volume pump and dump in itself is a unique selling point!

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:07:11 AM

How many bitbars will there be in total?  It's already trading at 0.8BTC  Shocked
skyangel

Activity: 301
Merit: 260

FLO dev

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:15:48 AM

How many bitbars will there be in total?  It's already trading at 0.8BTC  Shocked

Don't know in total, but currently 2805.

rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:25:54 AM

It's at the top of coinchoose. Hash rate has shot up to 843MH.
hdclover (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:35:35 AM

0.8 BTC seems pretty cheap because only 2805.697884 coins in existance and everyday more tough to mine it.

Blah blah
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:06:45 PM

Its about 1:1 now.
lukemarshall

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:10:40 PM

Wow...

Those buy/sell orders sure did change in the last 8 hrs.

Sux for the guy who dumped yesterday @ .51

Its all about what the people want...
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:22:03 PM

No it's not, someone just put up loads of micro buy transactions asking for 0.001 BTB to make it appear like that was what the going rate was. There's still a massive variance between what the sellers want for it and what the real buyers are prepared to pay for it.
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:25:47 PM

No it's not, someone just put up loads of micro buy transactions asking for 0.0001 BTB to make it appear like that was what the going rate was. There's still a massive variance between what the sellers want for it and what the real buyers are prepared to pay for it.

I really wouldn't be concerned about the price. In the coming weeks it will rise up to a fairer value reflecting it's rarity. We'll see what happens if a second exchanges starts supporting it. Right now, it feels as though bitbar is the silent underdog that not too many people know about, and (thankfully), no one is scamming/pump and dump.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:35:11 PM

To people thinking that this is a competition and that one BTB can never cost more than one BTC:
How are you thinking? These are not physical bitbars. Just like you can't hold a bitcoin in your hand. They are just strings of numbers which we call what we want to. We could call 0.001 BTB a bitcake and say it's worth 0.1 BTC then you would agree because it's less than 1 BTC. Or we could call 1000 LTC a litebar and now suddenly it's worth more than 1 BTC. Doesn't it mean that it's overvalued then? Don't put too much thinking into how much 1 bitbar or 1 litecoin is and can be worth. Look at the marketcap of the coins and divide it by the future number of coins. Then try to make an educated guess of how much the marketcap can grow.
In my opinion, when you look at it that way BTB has a lot of room to grow. It really ticks me off when people are trying to bash coins but don't even know what they're talking about.
zdarkazn

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:42:50 PM

To people thinking that this is a competition and that one BTB can never cost more than one BTC:
How are you thinking? These are not physical bitbars. Just like you can't hold a bitcoin in your hand. They are just strings of numbers which we call what we want to. We could call 0.001 BTB a bitcake and say it's worth 0.1 BTC then you would agree because it's less than 1 BTC. Or we could call 1000 LTC a litebar and now suddenly it's worth more than 1 BTC. Doesn't it mean that it's overvalued then? Don't put too much thinking into how much 1 bitbar or 1 litecoin is and can be worth. Look at the marketcap of the coins and divide it by the future number of coins. Then try to make an educated guess of how much the marketcap can grow.
In my opinion, when you look at it that way BTB has a lot of room to grow. It really ticks me off when people are trying to bash coins but don't even know what they're talking about.

I like explanations like this. Thank you Smiley
rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:45:24 PM

Getting over 1BTC per 1BTB will be a major psychological milestone for this currency. I think it will be the first altcoin to cross it.
lukemarshall

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:48:10 PM

Getting over 1BTC per 1BTB will be a major psychological milestone for this currency. I think it will be the first altcoin to cross it.

This has already occured privately, and when it does publicly then all bets are off.

I am very interested to see where this goes....

Lol @ Bitcake.....

Its all about what the people want...
vinne81

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:53:52 PM

Imo, bitbar will go the same way as all the other new alt coins lately: down as soon as they hit a major exchange.

It will rise because it's rare? Come on. It will drop, because even though it's rarer than other coins, some people have a lot and want to make a quick buck. (yes, yes, that's why most are here)

It's interesting that there are always coin believers with all kinds of stories about why THEIR coin should rise instead of the others.

No bashing, just look at CNC, FTC, BQC since they hit the exchange. Price hasn't skyrocketed.
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:56:45 PM

Imo, bitbar will go the same way as all the other new alt coins lately: down as soon as they hit a major exchange.

It will rise because it's rare? Come on. It will drop, because even though it's rarer than other coins, some people have a lot and want to make a quick buck. (yes, yes, that's why most are here)

It's interesting that there are always coin believers with all kinds of stories about why THEIR coin should rise instead of the others.

No bashing, just look at CNC, FTC, BQC since they hit the exchange. Price hasn't skyrocketed.

The problem with most altcoins is that they are litecoin copies made in a few hours. I think BTB has a lot of thought behind it and that's why i'm willing to give it a chance. But we'll see where it goes.
vinne81

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:59:45 PM

The problem with most altcoins is that they are litecoin copies made in a few hours. I think BTB has a lot of thought behind it and that's why i'm willing to give it a chance. But we'll see where it goes.

Also, if an alt coin is innovative and good (and believers think this coin has its own purpose besides making a quick buck), why is being on a major exchange so important? Can't it exist on it's own? Why does it need to have a value in BTC/LTC whatever?  Smiley

disclaimer: I have 1 bitbar Smiley
zdarkazn

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:59:56 PM

Some people have a lot? You mean ~20? ~100? You call that a lot?
vinne81

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:02:18 PM

Some people have a lot? You mean ~20? ~100? You call that a lot?

I'm just saying that although the idea of BTB might be fresh and good, you might be surprised what it'll do on a major exchange. (drop instead of rise)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: