Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ ▀▄▀▄▀ BITBAR on BTER now LIVE ▀▄▀▄▀ ★★  (Read 8970 times)
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

To people thinking that this is a competition and that one BTB can never cost more than one BTC:
How are you thinking? These are not physical bitbars. Just like you can't hold a bitcoin in your hand. They are just strings of numbers which we call what we want to. We could call 0.001 BTB a bitcake and say it's worth 0.1 BTC then you would agree because it's less than 1 BTC. Or we could call 1000 LTC a litebar and now suddenly it's worth more than 1 BTC. Doesn't it mean that it's overvalued then? Don't put too much thinking into how much 1 bitbar or 1 litecoin is and can be worth. Look at the marketcap of the coins and divide it by the future number of coins. Then try to make an educated guess of how much the marketcap can grow.
In my opinion, when you look at it that way BTB has a lot of room to grow. It really ticks me off when people are trying to bash coins but don't even know what they're talking about.

Imo, bitbar will go the same way as all the other new alt coins lately: down as soon as they hit a major exchange.

It will rise because it's rare? Come on. It will drop, because even though it's rarer than other coins, some people have a lot and want to make a quick buck. (yes, yes, that's why most are here)

It's interesting that there are always coin believers with all kinds of stories about why THEIR coin should rise instead of the others.

No bashing, just look at CNC, FTC, BQC since they hit the exchange. Price hasn't skyrocketed.

Actually the prices of CNC and FTC DID skyrocket when they hit BTE-E, albeit briefly and in spectacular bubble fashion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:17:41 PM

I'm just saying that although the idea of BTB might be fresh and good, you might be surprised what it'll do on a major exchange. (drop instead of rise)

I don't think it would be a surprise if BTB lost some value initially. I think a few of us are taking the risk and going long with this one. If I lose out on a some BTC from the few I mined it certainly won't break me. And if it does take off, the upside could be substantial.
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:19:10 PM

Like I've said before, doing the math, if bitbar follows other alts its value should be around 4-10BTC/BTB. Based on supply and hashrate.

That said, if it does get that high, it's going to take a while to get there. Which is fine, I like bitbars underdog status, it's flying under the radar of most of the scammers on here due to it's difficulty and rarity, and I think it's fundamentals are solid.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:21:13 PM

I'm just saying that although the idea of BTB might be fresh and good, you might be surprised what it'll do on a major exchange. (drop instead of rise)

I don't think it would be a surprise if BTB lost some value initially. I think a few of us are taking the risk and going long with this one. If I lose out on a some BTC from the few I mined it certainly won't break me. And if it does take off, the upside could be substantial.

See, that is how I feel too.
ssshhh

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:26:23 PM

Like I've said before, doing the math, if bitbar follows other alts its value should be around 4-10BTC/BTB. Based on supply and hashrate.

That said, if it does get that high, it's going to take a while to get there. Which is fine, I like bitbars underdog status, it's flying under the radar of most of the scammers on here due to it's difficulty and rarity, and I think it's fundamentals are solid.

Here Here!

If there were, lets say, a few hundred thousand in circulation I am sure it would have been through a few pump and dump cycles by now.
But those with the disposition to do that..... DO NOT HOLD ANY BITBARS!  Grin

rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:37:01 PM

I will be holding the ones I have for awhile. No need to sell. I believe bitbar can turn into something decent, especially once it runs through the psychological (and price) barrier at 1BTB:1BTC on the exchanges. I made enough decent money on Feathercoin and Chinacoin, hah!

YAC is another one to watch, especially if it keeps its CPU-only advantage (or if it goes to GPU and the GPUs aren't very much more efficient, as the author claims will be the case).
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:39:19 PM

Here Here!

If there were, lets say, a few hundred thousand in circulation I am sure it would have been through a few pump and dump cycles by now.
But those with the disposition to do that..... DO NOT HOLD ANY BITBARS!  Grin

LOL. As if you would ever even reach a few hundred thousand in a year. Keep dumping for cheap and I'll keep buying them up for cheap. I don't mind. I did make a bit on CNC.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 05:38:23 PM

I will be holding the ones I have for awhile. No need to sell. I believe bitbar can turn into something decent, especially once it runs through the psychological (and price) barrier at 1BTB:1BTC on the exchanges. I made enough decent money on Feathercoin and Chinacoin, hah!

YAC is another one to watch, especially if it keeps its CPU-only advantage (or if it goes to GPU and the GPUs aren't very much more efficient, as the author claims will be the case).

Speaking of psychological barriers...the word "bar" is shear genius.  People knocking this because it doesn't have infrastructure...I just laugh...Bitcoin's had 4 years...this has had what...4 days...and the roads have been paved by bitcoin...this is a hit waiting to happen...and the press coverage...oh the media...this will build hype for the whole community.

I'm going to pop some tags people...only 20 bars in my pocket...thanks for selling so cheap yesterday...mining only got me like 0.7, and I've been at it for four days before the network rate tripled!

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:47:33 PM

Speaking of psychological barriers...the word "bar" is shear genius.  People knocking this because it doesn't have infrastructure...I just laugh...Bitcoin's had 4 years...this has had what...4 days...and the roads have been paved by bitcoin...this is a hit waiting to happen...and the press coverage...oh the media...this will build hype for the whole community.

I'm going to pop some tags people...only 20 bars in my pocket...thanks for selling so cheap yesterday...mining only got me like 0.7, and I've been at it for four days before the network rate tripled!

I agree this could be a hit in the media once we get bitbar up to a certain adoption (i.e. on a few exchanges, stable/rising price that is higher per unit than BTC, etc). Journalists love a novel thing like that .... "Bitcoins expands into bars"
ssshhh

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:57:37 PM

I agree this could be a hit in the media once we get bitbar up to a certain adoption (i.e. on a few exchanges, stable/rising price that is higher per unit than BTC, etc). Journalists love a novel thing like that .... "Bitcoins expands into bars"

+1 +1
media would love that concept..

hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:08:45 PM

And for anything to be at parity with BTC in the first week is destined for widespread media attention. 

All alternative currencies will prosper from one bringing attention to them...don't knock the bar...it might get you paid...even if you don't have any!

I feel like BTB is like BTC's stock split...inadvertently.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:21:19 PM

And for anything to be at parity with BTC in the first week is destined for widespread media attention. 

Word. I was about to say, wait until media coverage spreads that there is an alternative cryptocurrency which isn't going for 40 cents a coin or 3 dollars a coin, but 70-90 dollars a coin. Will bring lots of attention for sure.
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:46:56 PM

+1 +1
media would love that concept..

BitBar is like a crypto version of the Million Dollar Homepage, the first time it works, the second time it doesn't.  So the next very rare coin that comes along will do worse than bitbar.
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:59:13 PM

BitBar Network Stats:
(Last updated: 2013-05-09 18:49:54 UTC/GMT)
Difficulty: 34.1247
Total block: 7001
Total money supply: 2825.779768
Last block reward: 0.141484
Network hash rate (Gh/s): 1.018 (estimated)

Lol...premine my ass...and even if they did...so what...buy their cheap coins when they sell...this has the potential to be one of the most expensive per unit "currencies" in existence.  I envy the miners that can pull 1-2 per day...damn I wish I had that kind of hashing power...though trading at these prices is almost just as good!

Legend21

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:45:23 PM

Look i telling you honestly what i think about BTB.
First of all , i like the system how its made behind the BTB. Its just like in the real world.
You have coins and you have gold bars.

BTC as coin and you can link BTB as Gold bars, people also wants to keep it simple and i think this
cryptocurrency is really just made and is connected with bitcoin.

But the current market will deside where it will goes. I think in the begin there will be no much interest in BTB. (But there will be a lot of people that will keep the coin in worth ( i think at least arround 0,20 - 0,50) Untill the real world will know about this cryptocurrency. (And i think it will ). I could remember that people already linked BTC as gold. And honestly i think BTB will be the one that can link as gold.

Bitbar is never made to replace bitcoin. Its the value what people see in it.
The system behind suprise me and is very fascinating

The mining pools are also give a realistic screen. And by the way.. a coin with a smaller capital is always more worth then the ones that have more.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:47:29 PM

First in, first out: that's the winner in this game.

You all know how it works,

hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 12:47:08 AM

Can anyone tell me how to look up the genesis block to verify the first date this coin started?

Also can you determine the total number of coins somewhere that isn't the bitbar explorer?  Is that number verified?  I quoted it earlier, but realized there could be manipulation in a website...I'd want to verify via the code/software.

I'm still believing...but I'm just curious why so many people think it was pre-mined so much.  How do I tell how many Coins (bars) are in circulation that is verifiable?

RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:07:21 AM

Can anyone tell me how to look up the genesis block to verify the first date this coin started?

Also can you determine the total number of coins somewhere that isn't the bitbar explorer?  Is that number verified?  I quoted it earlier, but realized there could be manipulation in a website...I'd want to verify via the code/software.

I'm still believing...but I'm just curious why so many people think it was pre-mined so much.  How do I tell how many Coins (bars) are in circulation that is verifiable?

Well, from what I understand, websites like the block explorer
http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/00000b31ed9623624683587882bbaeb5ab14b57a05cd2cd96983824d6a705929
simply use the blocks that the client uses, so there would be no way to manipulate the numbers unless there was a change in the front end. Since most people use the open source ABE software, I don't see how that would be possible.

I believe it is just trolls that are claiming "pre-mine". It is well known that 60 BTBs were mined unintentionally early, and have been donated as a bounty for the first true BTB exchange. You can find the topic explaining that here on bitcointalk.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 01:12:55 AM

Well, from what I understand, websites like the block explorer
http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/00000b31ed9623624683587882bbaeb5ab14b57a05cd2cd96983824d6a705929
simply use the blocks that the client uses, so there would be no way to manipulate the numbers unless there was a change in the front end. Since most people use the open source ABE software, I don't see how that would be possible.

I believe it is just trolls that are claiming "pre-mine". It is well known that 60 BTBs were mined unintentionally early, and have been donated as a bounty for the first true BTB exchange. You can find the topic explaining that here on bitcointalk.

It's explanations like that that make it so much easier to...Don't Stop Believing!  DAMN YOU whoever put that up...been stuck in my head ever since.

hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 01:15:07 AM

So people are selling for .5 and .49 right now...lol...more coin moving...nom nom nom.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: