Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:27:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Coinbase to sell a Bitcoin and transfer the money into Coinbase USD Wallet  (Read 208 times)
scottmazzy (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:29:42 AM

Hi guys...I had this question posted a couple hours ago but it disappeared.  I'm not sure if I broke some protocol.

At the Coinbase Forum it was expressed that it took days, if not weeks, to sell a Bitcoin and then take the proceeds and route the money into the Coinbase USD Wallet.  I was wondering if that was "old news" that has since been corrected by Coinbase or if that type of foot dragging still occurs.  Do any of you have an experience regarding this?  If it is true then I might need to find another alternative to cashing out a Bitcoin and quickly being able to store the money in safe USD haven.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Mazzy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:48:54 AM

If you want to quickly convert to fiat then why would you bother to get the Bitcoins in the first place? better to stick to your safe haven than to be sorry eh? you could use Bitfinex to sell and transfer fast to your USD wallet, or Cex.io both will do.
Actually every single exchanging company lets you to do that, you'll just need to verify your account if you try to withdraw fiat.

🖤😏
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:44:57 AM

Hi guys...I had this question posted a couple hours ago but it disappeared.  I'm not sure if I broke some protocol.

At the Coinbase Forum it was expressed that it took days, if not weeks, to sell a Bitcoin and then take the proceeds and route the money into the Coinbase USD Wallet.  I was wondering if that was "old news" that has since been corrected by Coinbase or if that type of foot dragging still occurs.  Do any of you have an experience regarding this?  If it is true then I might need to find another alternative to cashing out a Bitcoin and quickly being able to store the money in safe USD haven.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Mazzy

I'm not sure what you really mean here.

If you are selling bitcoin into your coinbase USD wallet, then the process is instant. Later on if you want to buy more bitcoins/withdraw this USD from your USD wallet into another bank, you can.

Only if you need to sell your bitcoins and want your money in an actual bank account of yours, will you experience this delay. This is my current understanding of how things are operated. If you really don't want delays, try localbticoins. Not only is it secure and free to use, sellers have ratings and you are able to pick the sellers with the fastest escrow relesae times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: