Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:36:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue Dual Mining (Claymore v 9.5)  (Read 431 times)
SwoleSniper (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:15:37 AM

Hello all,

I'm relatively new here so please bear with me on the learning curve.

I've been mining for almost a month now but starting last week I encountered a strange issue when dual mining etc+sia.

I originally had an XFX rx 480 (8gb) and was dual mining fine. I purchased some upgrades for my rig (a new mobo, and 2nd GPU which is an ASUS Geforce GTX 1060) and now I'm having really bad hashrate from my rx 480. I went from getting roughly 22-25 mh/s (ETC) before adding the new equipment to fluctuating between 6-12 mh/s (ETC) on the AMD card, the hashrate on my 1060 doesn't fluctuate at all.

I'm using windows 10, and claymore v 9.5

When I single mine ETC it is fine at 22-25, but I would really like to dual mine to increase profits.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so how did you resolve it?

Also sorry if I forgot any information necessary to solve this issue.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

Ever heard of -dcri command in claymore miner? Well add this command -dcri 14 and give it a try.
SwoleSniper (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:47:28 PM

Thank you so much for your response. It seems to have done the trick, I will continue to monitor it, but I'm unsure why it just became an issue if I have never had it before :/

Anyways thank you!

EDIT:

Well it started out working but after about 5-10 minutes the hashrate started fluctuating between 18-24 which is a lot better than before, but is that normal?
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:03:35 PM

The reason behind you never faced this kind of issue first, because you were single mining and the default value of -dcri in single mining is good one but as soon as you switched to dual mining, you have to adjust the intensity between both the coins, thus explaining the function of -dcri.

You're welcome and I feel like there can be two reasons for fluctuation with your AMD GPU,
1) It's overclocked a bit too much which may be a reason for such a fluctuation.
2) Running AMD and Nvidia together in a single rig may cause this issue.

Try hit and trial method and you may find the core of the problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: