Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:18:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ChanCoin  (Read 16156 times)
the-doctor

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:01:52 AM

Hey people, chancoin dev here. Just a quick update for those of you who aren't following along on our discord:

- As the project's founder was lying to the dev team about the amount of pre-mine he held (he claimed 1.2 million, reality was closer to 3 million) we decided to hard fork and freeze his funds. This resulted in a power struggle which ended in an eventual compromise - but not before the founder dumped close to a half-million coins on exchanges. Hooray. Currently we are working to complete the fork, get all the exchanges switched over to the new wallet etc. We will be posting a detailed-as-hell postmortem of the whole situation on our website, hopefully within 14 days at the very most.

Subsequent to this hard fork, we aim to verifiably burn down to 10% premine, or as close as we can get. Then we'll implement DGW and we're even working on a brand new PoW algo that we're hoping to introduce in the future Cheesy

Please let me know if you have questions - I apologize for not responding here sooner, we've had our hands full with our discord server and other things, as you can imagine.

Thanks,
Goss

Ok Dev so should I do something special on Cryptopia? I think even if I want I cannot do because trading and wallet are closed?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gossamer_socks

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:43:44 PM

the-doctor I can advise you only to wait, as we are currently working with Cryptopia to resolve the situation and ensure all coinholders coins are safe - as you can imagine, exchanges have their hands very full right about now with the BTC fork.

Other than that, a short, respectful support ticket stating that you support the fork and would like to see Chancoin continue on their exchange would be appropriate, I think. Please be respectful though.

Thanks for your support and I hope to issue a more thorough update here soon,
Goss
TeamMollyMassive

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

My girls in my trap team all Baggin Cryptos!!!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 01:47:25 PM

Hello devs I bought 106100 chancoin at around 1300 sats on cryptopia and there is a notice stating you are doing the swap currently. How can i ensure you will not burn my coins? I would post my cryptopia address but i cannot pull it up on my account due to the maintenance

cryptogaga

Activity: 506
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:05:31 PM

the-doctor I can advise you only to wait, as we are currently working with Cryptopia to resolve the situation and ensure all coinholders coins are safe - as you can imagine, exchanges have their hands very full right about now with the BTC fork.

Other than that, a short, respectful support ticket stating that you support the fork and would like to see Chancoin continue on their exchange would be appropriate, I think. Please be respectful though.

Goss
who are the mods on discord i just got removed for asking a simple question, why are they so reckless and foolish? people have been posting nonsense on discord they were not removed but i asked a question right now and noticed i was removed why?
TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 02:12:45 PM

Goss
who are the mods on discord i just got removed for asking a simple question, why are they so reckless and foolish? people have been posting nonsense on discord they were not removed but i asked a question right now and noticed i was removed why?

What was the question?

cryptogaga

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:26:05 PM

Goss

What was the question?

I asked how new chancoin devs were able to take over development from the former dev, because there is a coin i invested in which the devs have fled leaving us with only github link, i wanted to know how possible it is for a community of coin holders to take over?
TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 04:00:15 PM

Good question, YOu were banned from the discord for this?

cryptogaga

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:23:10 PM

Good question, YOu were banned from the discord for this?
Yes and i wonder the fool that did that!
gossamer_socks

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:55:57 PM

Goss

What was the question?

I asked how new chancoin devs were able to take over development from the former dev, because there is a coin i invested in which the devs have fled leaving us with only github link, i wanted to know how possible it is for a community of coin holders to take over?

Hey Cryptogaga, I'm sorry you were banned so suddenly - the mods have reversed that ban.

I will say that your question as asked in chat didn't give us the context that the coin had been abandoned - I recall seeing the post when you made it and thinking 'well that sounds nefarious' - and then it disappeared when a mod banned you.

Unfortunately my mods deleted the post history when they banned you - I've asked them not to do this and I'll ask them again.

In any event, you're welcome to join the server again if you wish, and apologies for the confusion.

With respect to reviving the coin you mentioned in your post - its a good question indeed - you might want to talk to some people involved in PIECoin, as I believe the codebase has been revived recently - I'd certainly be interested to hear how the effort goes.

As for the saga of Chancoin's Hard Fork From Hell - we will be posting a thorough post-mortem as soon as everything is resolved with exchanges - and as soon as time allows us to compose and edit it.

Again, my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding - i hope you'll come back and chat with us sometime.

Gossamer
cryptogaga

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:37:31 PM

Goss

What was the question?

Hey Cryptogaga, I'm sorry you were banned so suddenly - the mods have reversed that ban.

I will say that your question as asked in chat didn't give us the context that the coin had been abandoned - I recall seeing the post when you made it and thinking 'well that sounds nefarious' - and then it disappeared when a mod banned you.

Unfortunately my mods deleted the post history when they banned you - I've asked them not to do this and I'll ask them again.

In any event, you're welcome to join the server again if you wish, and apologies for the confusion.

With respect to reviving the coin you mentioned in your post - its a good question indeed - you might want to talk to some people involved in PIECoin, as I believe the codebase has been revived recently - I'd certainly be interested to hear how the effort goes.

As for the saga of Chancoin's Hard Fork From Hell - we will be posting a thorough post-mortem as soon as everything is resolved with exchanges - and as soon as time allows us to compose and edit it.

Again, my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding - i hope you'll come back and chat with us sometime.

Gossamer

O yes sure i will, i am a fan of the Chancoin project and appreciate the very good effort you guys put in seeing that it becomes a great project!
Thank you for the response and recommendations!
cryptocronic

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

cryptocronic.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 11:33:51 PM

Message at cryptopia: "4CHN / BTC market is closing.  The new updated wallet removed transactions and burned most of Cryptopia balance, Wallet will be reopened once all coins are replaced by the CHAN team."

So when will the markets for chancoin be coming back?

https://madbyte.com - Invested Crypto - Membership has its privileges!
---
gossamer_socks

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:48:55 AM

Hello - sorry again for the delay in posting - a quick update re: Cryptopia and the other exchanges.

We were in active contact with Cryptopia support as of Thursday. They've officially asked us to remunerate coins lost or frozen in their wallets during the hard fork. They provided an estimate which our senior dev team member asked that they verify by ensuring the wallet is updated, reindexing the blockchain and checking their balance against customer holdings. Once this is done, we will remunerate them for any coins lost.

We are attempting to do the same with Novaexchange and Tradesatoshi. Novaexchange has not responded to several emails. Tradesatoshi - well, I opened a ticket with them, which they apparently didn't read because they closed it with a bunch of bullshit about how we forked 'for some reason' (it was right there in the issue you turds) and how we must come up with 'some solution - the same for all exchanges' (yeah that was also in there dude). I penned a response telling them to read the damn issue...

...Sorry. Anyhow, thats the situation.

Obviously our efforts are focused on Cryptopia - and our only focus is ensuring that coinholders maintain ownership of their coins. I really wish that I could give more details, but that's all I know.

We're hopeful that we can work things out with all three exchanges and that all three markets will reopen soon. Ultimately, however, this is up to the exchanges and whether they wish to engage with us to resolve this issue.

Goss
GayEddie

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:11:51 PM

In other words get out now while you can before coin collapses and you loose everything
the-doctor

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:07:35 PM

I have coins on cryptopia and I am stuck, I hope something positive will happen as I liked this project much

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Bitinator

Activity: 746
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:38:25 AM

In other words get out now while you can before coin collapses and you loose everything

This person is fudding. Not very cool there goy.

If you want to sell your coins you will have to wait until fork is over then you are free to do so. True meme magicians and memers will continue to fight the good fight and help our brothers in arms until Chancoin lunar mission. Coin is cheap now. If it gets cheaper thank Kek. Cheaper coins means mor opportunity. Once the network is running smooth the coins are tradable again this project will be more than just a coin. It aims to be a community.  People coming in the thread and discord to spread fear and uncertainty and doubt aka FUD usually  have an alternative agenda. Otherwise they wouldn't even be here.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
the-doctor

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:23:18 PM

Not need to FUD need just clear answers

TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 05:17:13 PM

This is what cryptopia says

4CHN / BTC market is closing

The new updated wallet removed transactions and burned most of Cryptopia balance, Wallet will be reopened once all coins are replaced by the CHAN team.

Do any of the community have to worry about permanently losing their coins? I for one spent over an entire BTC for all my chans. I would really like them to still be there.

Pickleninja

Activity: 242

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:29:28 PM

The new updated wallet removed transactions and burned most of Cryptopia balance, Wallet will be reopened once all coins are replaced by the CHAN team.

Do any of the community have to worry about permanently losing their coins? I for one spent over an entire BTC for all my chans. I would really like them to still be there.

I'm worried too. No word from any dev...
kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 04:48:12 AM

I think 4CHN is dying coin now if dev does not do anything about it.
Some devs are like kids. They make coins as projects, then abandons it while developing it. Creating coins should not be just experimental.
devrobot

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:00:25 PM

I also want to join the discord. i have yet to go there. every time i try to join the invite is either invalid or expired

https://discordapp.com/invite/6tdmtdy

This one works for me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: