Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:02:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ChanCoin  (Read 16156 times)
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:03:51 PM

This coin has a little meaning, there are several exchanges in a short time, although the current popularity is insufficient, may have the development space in the future, attention.

For me, the name and branding is strong enough for this coin to do pretty well. As long there isn't too much pre-mine nonsense or inactivity we can expect to make good gains.

Hi, can anyone tell me how many minutes a block is generated?
TeamMollyMassive

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

My girls in my trap team all Baggin Cryptos!!!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 11:15:58 AM

can someone fill me in on the specifics of the coins being burned and how many? what address it is so i can monitor it on the block explorer and check for myself before seriously investing in this coin

Acid515

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:55:36 PM

3 million of the 9 mil premine were burnt already - the new patch freezes funds we are sure are andy's - those already in exchanges will need to be unfrozen, but the rest are unspendable. We will make them TRULY unspendable in a future update, sending them to the burn address. This will bring us to around 6 mil burned

https://i.imgur.com/LHJFMwi.jpg

Discord: https://discord.gg/6tdmtdy
TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 06:59:04 AM

discord not working i cant join the invite has expired. I bought over 100,000 chans how can i make sure they dont get burned? I am not andy but i spent a bit o cash on them. I belieb in the memes and if we get this coins working it can be breddy gud 4 us

kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:15:21 AM

How will chancoin be promoted? I think bounty is an easy way, because this coin sees the potential to grow well, but if without bounty, I'm not sure coins will grow quickly. Maybe developers have their own way?
TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 10:20:10 AM

i think promotions on the chans and chan community is key here. maybe tipping during the 4chan cup? also tons of shitposting and advertisement on 8chan is cheap

Bob Williams

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:30:07 AM

Once I know the premine is dealt with, I am shilling this coin hard.
TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 06:55:58 PM

I think they are dealing with it now. The wallets seam to be down for maintenance. Are devs currently doing a swap?

Goldcov1

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:29:16 AM

any news?
TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 06:12:13 AM

https://trello.com/b/zWUPZhk4/chancoin-public-roadmap

I found this roadmap looks like the fork is happening now which will implement the Dark Gravity Wave Algo to address blockchain difficulty spikes.

last update was on july 17 so its kinda recent. I think They are figuring out the fork and the NEW network or whatever then get the solid team together. After that it looks like some steganographic tip model?

DRAFT ROADMAP -
Third Quarter 2017
Hard Fork Implementing Dark Gravity Wave to address blockchain difficulty spikes. Release of 4chan tipping extension as pre-packaged chrome extension (rather than userscript).
Initial testing of steganographic tripping and air-dropping features. Codification of development team processes, community processes. Fourth Quarter 2017
Alpha testing of CHANCOIN Platform, including web wallet, user identity federation and third-party developer APIs. Testing of tipping integration with third party media services (e.g. twitch, hitbox.tv, picarto) - release of public discord bot.
Initial planning and implementation of infrastructure to facilitate community consensus-building.
* First Quarter 2018 Public release of first-party reference applications utilizing the CHANCOIN platform for social gaming and social media.
Second Quarter 2018
** Beta testing of CHANCOIN Platform for third-party developers. Third Quarter 2018
** Possible Switch to PoS depending on community feedback.

gossamer_socks

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:48:31 PM

Hey people, chancoin dev here. Just a quick update for those of you who aren't following along on our discord:

- As the project's founder was lying to the dev team about the amount of pre-mine he held (he claimed 1.2 million, reality was closer to 3 million) we decided to hard fork and freeze his funds. This resulted in a power struggle which ended in an eventual compromise - but not before the founder dumped close to a half-million coins on exchanges. Hooray. Currently we are working to complete the fork, get all the exchanges switched over to the new wallet etc. We will be posting a detailed-as-hell postmortem of the whole situation on our website, hopefully within 14 days at the very most.

Subsequent to this hard fork, we aim to verifiably burn down to 10% premine, or as close as we can get. Then we'll implement DGW and we're even working on a brand new PoW algo that we're hoping to introduce in the future Cheesy

Please let me know if you have questions - I apologize for not responding here sooner, we've had our hands full with our discord server and other things, as you can imagine.

Thanks,
Goss
TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 02:26:04 PM

Hey people, chancoin dev here. Just a quick update for those of you who aren't following along on our discord:

- As the project's founder was lying to the dev team about the amount of pre-mine he held (he claimed 1.2 million, reality was closer to 3 million) we decided to hard fork and freeze his funds. This resulted in a power struggle which ended in an eventual compromise - but not before the founder dumped close to a half-million coins on exchanges. Hooray. Currently we are working to complete the fork, get all the exchanges switched over to the new wallet etc. We will be posting a detailed-as-hell postmortem of the whole situation on our website, hopefully within 14 days at the very most.

Subsequent to this hard fork, we aim to verifiably burn down to 10% premine, or as close as we can get. Then we'll implement DGW and we're even working on a brand new PoW algo that we're hoping to introduce in the future Cheesy

Please let me know if you have questions - I apologize for not responding here sooner, we've had our hands full with our discord server and other things, as you can imagine.

Thanks,
Goss

Hey good to know my money is good. I bought roughly over 100,100 coins while they were cheap after learning about it on /biz/ I want to come to the discord but when I try the link is expired. How can i ensure these coins I bought the other day will not get burned? Will there be a swap?

Stay busy. Do what you need to do. Look forward to hearing from you in 2 weeks.

gossamer_socks

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:13:05 PM

This discord link should work - https://discord.gg/wCA5wN5

I only got around to updating the website's links yesterday, things have been so hectic.

Thanks for your continued interest in our project and I look forward to getting things settled and working with community members to ensure their coins are safe.

Goss
kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 11:31:23 PM

Hi Dev, as I opened my ChanCoin wallet now, messages from the wallet flashed and says many things; and most notably it says not to trust Andy, and that Andy is so and so. I'm clueless who Andy is? So what's going on?

To others here, did you encounter same messages about Andy? I mean I don't even know who he is and what his connection to ChanCoin. If anyone can tell me, please do so. Thank you
cryptocronic

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

cryptocronic.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:52:17 PM

did you encounter same messages about Andy?

Yup, that's the original creator of the coin, apparently he had secret premine.   Read more in previous posts for drama.

https://madbyte.com - Invested Crypto - Membership has its privileges!
---
arthurbonora

Activity: 1078
Merit: 529

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 09:51:00 PM

Is this coin mining doing well?
Furious

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:53:36 PM

what coin is this ?
Bitinator

Activity: 746
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:37:08 PM

what coin is this ?

Its chan coin. Developers are busy forking the coin. Coin is cheap now great time to buy. Check the ann for roadmap. Dev said they woukd update in two weeks. Check the block explorers and wallet nodes to see progress in realtime. Coin has potential to be popular so early adopters would benefit getting in. Hope i helped.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
gossamer_socks

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:36:20 AM

Apologies for the absence of developer input here - I'm one of the dev team.

Here is our official roadmap. We've been distracted by a hard fork which was carried out after we found that the founder of the project was obfuscating the amount of the pre-mine he held. Hopefully we'll be able to keep up with our goals for the third quarter.

Alas, I can't seem to get this image to hotlink properly, so I'll simply leave this here for now.

http://chancoin.org/images/roadmap.jpg
TeamMollyMassive

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 03:23:12 PM

Lets be real here. We all know 4chan is a big deal. A chan coin is a long time coming and its surprising it has not come up before in the past. There is a lot of vested interest in this coin and it would be in the best interest of the DEV TEAM to deliver. If they do not deliver someone will step in and they will. This coin is LOW RIGHT NOW very cheao. we are only on the 7th page of the bitcoin talk. I would say this is a safe investment. Maybe not go all in but a GREAT addition to my portfolio. The meme magic alone can get this coin to 1$+ In the current market we are in. I mean we see OBVIOUS scams reach 50 million dollar marketcap. If devs deliver in 2 weeks this coin will do very well. If they do not deliver....what do you have to lose this coin is as low as it can get with as much interest is in it. SOMEONE will step in and make it happen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: