Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:44:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ReddCoin - is it a good investment? ReddCoin VS Verge?  (Read 6759 times)
The Enoeht (OP)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:14:29 AM

I have around 300k ReddCoins and 250k Verge Coins.

I believe in diversifying the wallet with different coins, you know the old saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket", etc.

However I am starting to become skeptical when it comes to the ReddCoin. There are 28,547,978,658 RDD in circulating supply and if I correct this number can increase? It is not a max supply, like in case of Verge 16,555,000,000 XVG. Which means it won't get more then that, which is good imo. That means for Verge coin to get to 1$ per coin, it needs a market cap of 16.5 billion, while reddcoin would need 28.5 billion, assuming supply doesn't grow even more.

What do you guys think, especially when it comes to ReddCoin?

Also I was thinking of selling half of ReddCoin and buying more Verge for long term investment? Good idea?

Thank you.
vlad06

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:31:44 AM

Redd Coin is nothing. It's a pump and dump, have you looked into any of the techs by the way?

You shouldn't be investing based solely on total supply and how cheap you can get them. The tech must matter and be relevant, with a potential future use case.

isabella01

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:44:20 PM

Reddin isn't a bad coin. There have a lot of potential, however there are so many upcoming coins, who have just as much potential and why wouldn't you want to invest in those than storing all your coin in just one. Do your homework and see which one works best for you.
The Enoeht (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:47:04 PM

Reddin isn't a bad coin. There have a lot of potential, however there are so many upcoming coins, who have just as much potential and why wouldn't you want to invest in those than storing all your coin in just one. Do your homework and see which one works best for you.

Such as?
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 01:54:22 PM

Such as?

Synero Amp, and Steem.it are the 2 big ones.

Fantum

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:52:24 PM

Reddcoin and verge are completely different. Why would you compare them? Verge is an anonymous coin, reddcoin is a tip coin for reddit. Reddcoin failed last year, and was recently revived, the developers are working on it but don't see it going anywhere near a dollar. You will be lucky to sell it for 160 sats again. Verge has some unique tech on their roadmap, developing new things for their coin in the coming months, it won't ever be a dollar either, but possibly 1000 sats.
The Enoeht (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:33:37 PM

Reddcoin and verge are completely different. Why would you compare them? Verge is an anonymous coin, reddcoin is a tip coin for reddit. Reddcoin failed last year, and was recently revived, the developers are working on it but don't see it going anywhere near a dollar. You will be lucky to sell it for 160 sats again. Verge has some unique tech on their roadmap, developing new things for their coin in the coming months, it won't ever be a dollar either, but possibly 1000 sats.

I think you are being very negative.
I wish you made a better argument on future of Verge, like some of the previous members have.

I believe in diversifying the wallet with different coins, you know the old saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket", etc.

However I am starting to become skeptical when it comes to the ReddCoin. There are 28,547,978,658 RDD in circulating supply and if I correct this number can increase? It is not a max supply, like in case of Verge 16,555,000,000 XVG. Which means it won't get more then that, which is good imo. That means for Verge coin to get to 1$ per coin, it needs a market cap of 16.5 billion, while reddcoin would need 28.5 billion, assuming supply doesn't grow even more.

Also I was thinking of selling half of ReddCoin and buying more Verge for long term investment? Good idea?

Thank you.

Hello The Enoeht Do you think about ArtByte (ABY)?

No, sorry. From what I can tell it seems similar to MusicCoin.
cryptocan

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:48:39 PM

They are not comparable at all, I would bet on verge rather than reddcoin
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:02:43 PM

i was trade for reddcoin several years ago but i decide to leave them because the price was seems stuck but i just seeing the volume support for this coin and that was pretty good even the movement of the price seems to be bored to me because for 24 hours the movement price only approximately 72-75 satoshi per RDD but if your aiming is high profit i think it's very hard to get that from this coin unless there will be upcoming pumped but if may i to suggest that better sell half and buy another coin
shifty30

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:53:58 PM

do some research and pick the project you like best and believe in most

AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:37:36 PM

As for me Verge is deffietly better, than reddcoin. Just because of better team and better project. Also because of big community behind it, i think it will take some time for verge to go up and bring a bigger profit, but it will happen for sure Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Walkmooner

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:11:56 PM

You can’t have done much research into Reddcoin because it has absolutely nothing to do with Reddit despite the double d.

Reddcoin is to be used as a social currency for existing social networks, blog sites etc. The idea is that it doesn't need to partner or integrate with anyone or anything. It's an independent decentralised layer.

Redd-ID, to be released in Q3 of this year, is offering something that no other coin is. It allows you to use a handle-name instead of a complicated address (which is hidden) to send and receive coins quickly and easily. You will be able to tip anyone anywhere with a Redd-ID account. It doesn't have to be just social media - waiters, cam-girls, reality stars, charities…

So, do we use lots of different tipping coins each locked into a social network or just use Reddcoin and Redd-ID for everything? Hmm tough choice.
Walkmooner

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:19:45 PM

Such as?

Synero Amp, and Steem.it are the 2 big ones.

The 2 big ones? True but the irony is, you'll probably be able to tip people on these sites with Reddcoin haha.
Walkmooner

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:27:44 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 10:53:46 PM by Walkmooner

Redd Coin is nothing. It's a pump and dump, have you looked into any of the techs by the way?

You shouldn't be investing based solely on total supply and how cheap you can get them. The tech must matter and be relevant, with a potential future use case.

Sorry to sound rude, but that's idiotic. You obviously know very little about it. The future potential of Reddcoin is huge.
IThoughtIKnewItAll

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:55:14 PM

Long time ago, I actually bought a few RDDs during its initial coin offering phase

With the rise of june, I sold them all and don't plan on "getting back into" it. It took something like 3 years of holding to make a profit on the initial investment and it wasn't huge

You need a coin that at least has a good development team that brings new ideas to the market

This whole social media tipping thing never worked
Walkmooner

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:31:43 PM

Long time ago, I actually bought a few RDDs during its initial coin offering phase

With the rise of june, I sold them all and don't plan on "getting back into" it. It took something like 3 years of holding to make a profit on the initial investment and it wasn't huge

You need a coin that at least has a good development team that brings new ideas to the market

This whole social media tipping thing never worked

With respect, that's not true. It just doesn't sound like your thing that's all. Steemit is currently doing extremely well. People also actively tip using PayPal on Twitch and some people are making ridiculous amounts for just live streaming video games.

People aren't thinking big enough. It's potential is not just as a tipping coin on social media. Sure, it allows for microdonations but Redd-ID will allow it to be used for anything. Think of a case use and you'll very likely be able to do it. We're being provided with a tool. It's up to us how we use it.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:53:48 PM

Thank you.

Hello Enoeht, I would advise you to keep both, but if you wanted to invest some of your BTC into only one, I would add to XVG since it has lower market cap, i started buying RDD at 5 sats and XVG at 8 sats. Both have their pros

RDD - has brand value, "the social currency" and growing transaction volumes,  the brand alone makes this coin worth something
XVG - privacy coin, you can see the charts for Zcash, Monero, Digital Note; its clear investor fervor for encrypted private coins is very strong 

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
The Enoeht (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:52:59 AM

Thank you.

Hello Enoeht, I would advise you to keep both, but if you wanted to invest some of your BTC into only one, I would add to XVG since it has lower market cap, i started buying RDD at 5 sats and XVG at 8 sats. Both have their pros

RDD - has brand value, "the social currency" and growing transaction volumes,  the brand alone makes this coin worth something
XVG - privacy coin, you can see the charts for Zcash, Monero, Digital Note; its clear investor fervor for encrypted private coins is very strong 

Good comment, thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: