Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:08:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Fanatic needs Rig  (Read 229 times)
michaelz23 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:32:59 PM

Hi guys,

I am doing hosted mining with ASIC's for quite a while but that's just so boring. Pretty much my whole live revolves around crypto, getting my own hardware is just the next step.

It's not about ROI. I wanna decide every day, what coin I wanna mine. What I want is a mining rig that is ready to go (I don't wanna build one), that's not too loud, so I can leave it in a room in my house and that is versatile, so I can use it for new, exciting coins when they come out first. I am not mining for short term gains, I mainly want those coins Smiley

I was hoping to stay under 3k USD (maybe 5) and get a decent MH/s bang for the buck. I liked the concept of the Pandaminer until I read the reviews.

Any advice?

Thanks
Mike
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:56:35 PM

Hi guys,

I am doing hosted mining with ASIC's for quite a while but that's just so boring. Pretty much my whole live revolves around crypto, getting my own hardware is just the next step.

It's not about ROI. I wanna decide every day, what coin I wanna mine. What I want is a mining rig that is ready to go (I don't wanna build one), that's not too loud, so I can leave it in a room in my house and that is versatile, so I can use it for new, exciting coins when they come out first. I am not mining for short term gains, I mainly want those coins Smiley

I was hoping to stay under 3k USD (maybe 5) and get a decent MH/s bang for the buck. I liked the concept of the Pandaminer until I read the reviews.

Any advice?

Thanks
Mike

Since you don't build it, What I have in mind is a pre built second hand rigs from a reputable person here

Like this one?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3412485.msg35690792#msg35690792

its an NVIDIA GPU's, known that has wide more supported algo's that AMD's

Iannn

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:41:54 PM

Yeah I would check classifieds here and ebay even.  Ready to go rigs do come up.  Also take a look at this.  A bit over budget but brand new from a reputable company could have its upsides.

https://www.parallelminer.com/product/900watt-plug-play-6-gtx1070-mining-rig-188mh-s-eth-etc-zec-neoscrypt-7000kh-s/

Iannn

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:53:41 PM

Oh sorry that psu might be a bit noisy for you.  I have actually never run a server psu but I heard they can be a bit on the loud side.  I just run EVGA Gold power supplies.  The gpu fans make more noise than the psu's I run.
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:37:41 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 06:16:59 PM by sigtmerchant

It's a pity you don't want to build one - it's actually very easy. Anyway, for your budget I'd suggest to get a 3-4 x 1080Ti rig, powered ин PC PSU (read: quiet). Quiet, suitable for most algos and fun to tinker with.

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:02:17 PM

GPU rig is the best if you actually wanted to mine other altcoins and different algo's unlike ASIC that you can mine only 1 supported coins.

If you are looking for a ready-made mining equipment without noises you must buy a GPU rig, which is silence unlike ASIC.

You can check this board from time to time https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

and use escrow when dealing to someone.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:11:15 PM

I would highly suggest using the Computer Hardware section of the forum for buying prebuilt rigs, but be prepared to pay using Crypto- I typically find that most people selling there only accept BTC, and some accept PayPal or even both, but it's absolutely worth it to shop around there- I seldom find cheaper prices for some parts and miners anywhere else. A list of reputable escrowers can be found here.

I find people sell rigs at an enormous premium (and everything BTC and altcoin related in general) on eBay and Amazon. Unless you're buying individual parts and hunting for cheap parts, I would not look on eBay for rigs. It's a shame you don't want to build your own rig, but I respect everyone's ideas. I assume you're aware you can save hundreds of dollars assembling your own and setting things up yourself.
michaelz23 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:40:58 AM

Hey guys, thanks for all that advice. I was thinking about a real rig but I kinda like the idea of going lightweight. I wanna setup full nodes foe BTC and ETH (I got them on my mac but it's slow as fuck now) Wink - just because it's the right thing to do. And I wanna mine a few small coins on the way. So it's really more about having fun and being part of the crypto network then about making a profit.

I was wondering about a good PC to get started. Maybe something that I can stick 3 or 4 Graphic cards in but that is still easy to run. Does that make sense?

What about something like this: Lenovo ThinkCentre M900

I just don't really want a bunch of cards with an open wooden frame standing around Smiley

Thanks again for the advice so far... hoping for more.
gayletot

Activity: 323
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:29:59 AM

I know the RIG is used by mining people. so the Rig is still there.

madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1998

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:12:44 AM

I suggest the author to try to run mining on Nvidia video cards. Quite a lot of algorithms for mining these graphics cards. I am fond of mining various new coins. I think GTX 1070, 1070ti, 1080, 1080ti are just right for his purposes.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1998

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:18:10 AM

Hey guys, thanks for all that advice. I was thinking about a real rig but I kinda like the idea of going lightweight. I wanna setup full nodes foe BTC and ETH (I got them on my mac but it's slow as fuck now) Wink - just because it's the right thing to do. And I wanna mine a few small coins on the way. So it's really more about having fun and being part of the crypto network then about making a profit.

I was wondering about a good PC to get started. Maybe something that I can stick 3 or 4 Graphic cards in but that is still easy to run. Does that make sense?

What about something like this: Lenovo ThinkCentre M900

I just don't really want a bunch of cards with an open wooden frame standing around Smiley

Thanks again for the advice so far... hoping for more.
In Lenovo ThinkCentre M900 will need to put a good additional cooling. So I think that the open frame for the farm is still better. You can make a very high-quality frame with your own hands and the graphics cards will not work at maximum temperatures.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███