Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty Statistics  (Read 1222 times)
dandreark1 (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:40:31 PM

Fellow miners,

if you would be interested in sharing your collective hash rate along w/ specified coin, I was hoping to maybe get a stronger gauge on the growing difficulty over time with the different coins everyone is mining..

A lot of talk in the recent weeks about declining ROI and growing difficulty but I have yet to see the effects on my mining rate..

Currently using Dwarfpool:
I'm operating at ~550mh/s directed all towards ETH.
24 hour return; consistently around .23-.24
USD 24 Hour return: ~60.00
Receiving .5 payouts every ~4 days

will update weekly for the next month.
Any and all shares of difficulty/mining rate statistics greatly appreciated 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:45:18 PM

I don't mine wth with Nvidia i mine blake2s coin or skein coin this coin are good with my 1080 ti hashrate is almost 2x 1070, on eth should be 35mh

h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:53:48 PM

Fellow miners,

if you would be interested in sharing your collective hash rate along w/ specified coin, I was hoping to maybe get a stronger gauge on the growing difficulty over time with the different coins everyone is mining..

A lot of talk in the recent weeks about declining ROI and growing difficulty but I have yet to see the effects on my mining rate..

Hi mate,

The difficulty bomb will inevitably kill profitability at some point. As it gets more difficult, you will mine less ETH/day, but, if the ETH price continues to grow, profitability in FIAT will grow with it. So at some point you'll be making 0.10ETHs a day, but if 1ETH is worth 600USD by then, you'll still get the same profitability. I've seen my daily ETH fall very fast, even with 800mh/s. I'd be at 0.35ETHs a day currently, it was 0.5 not 2 weeks ago.

The second thing that will likely kill your ROI though, is the upcoming epoch. I don't know what you're mining with, but if you have 4GB cards, you will soon see a quite drastic fall of your hashrate. Afaik, there is no workaround for this except having cards with larger memory.
dandreark1 (OP)

out here

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:59:28 PM

Fellow miners,

Hi mate,

The difficulty bomb will inevitably kill profitability at some point. As it gets more difficult, you will mine less ETH/day, but, if the ETH price continues to grow, profitability in FIAT will grow with it. So at some point you'll be making 0.10ETHs a day, but if 1ETH is worth 600USD by then, you'll still get the same profitability. I've seen my daily ETH fall very fast, even with 800mh/s. I'd be at 0.35ETHs a day currently, it was 0.5 not 2 weeks ago.

The second thing that will likely kill your ROI though, is the upcoming epoch. I don't know what you're mining with, but if you have 4GB cards, you will soon see a quite drastic fall of your hashrate. Afaik, there is no workaround for this except having cards with larger memory.

Thanks for sharing,

Yeah I'm anticipating almost everything you mentioned. Dreading it yeah, but strategizing vs. panic any day.. do you have an idea of how much the epoch will effect 6/8gb cards versus 4gb?..

Thankfully I went with the 6gb/8gb option of every RxXXX series card and 10xx series card I own..
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:08:55 PM

Fellow miners,

Hi mate,

That is not true. The Dag won't be even close to 4GB until 2019. If you are referring to the hash drop from the Claymore benchmark figures from epoch 150+, the hash drop affects 4GB and 8GB cards almost equally, roughly ~10% from epoch 150+ and progressively thereafter. There are also conflicting reports as to whether the issue is with the Claymore miner and if other miners, like SGminer are affected. Apparently AMD is also aware of the issue and are talking with Claymore about it.
Aquazi

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:23:05 PM

There's no workaround for the dag increase for Polaris cards. And it only affects Polaris/Tonga, not 290/390 and fury cards as they have larger bandwidth.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:14:07 AM

Fellow miners,

Hi mate,

That is not true. The Dag won't be even close to 4GB until 2019. If you are referring to the hash drop from the Claymore benchmark figures from epoch 150+, the hash drop affects 4GB and 8GB cards almost equally, roughly ~10% from epoch 150+ and progressively thereafter. There are also conflicting reports as to whether the issue is with the Claymore miner and if other miners, like SGminer are affected. Apparently AMD is also aware of the issue and are talking with Claymore about it.

Yes I was referring to the hash drop, I've not tested it myself and didn't dig much into it, I have 4 and 8 gb cards. Honestly I got fed up with the diff bomb before this was even a potential issue and switched over to mine other coins, got some ETH in my wallet and will hold it for now see what's what.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:41:59 AM

Do not mine at Dwarfpool, they steal your profit, friend of mine used to mine there, hashrates were higher than any other pool, payments lower than any other pool, so what is the point of you having an amazing hashrate and the payment is never right, get out of that place and I mean anything any coin really.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
wishinsky

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:20:48 PM

So if im just getting into the game I shouldnt buy 4gb gpu rx 580s. I should pay for the 6gigs
catapufate

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:59:40 PM

Do not mine at Dwarfpool, they steal your profit, friend of mine used to mine there, hashrates were higher than any other pool, payments lower than any other pool, so what is the point of you having an amazing hashrate and the payment is never right, get out of that place and I mean anything any coin really.

Hi,

I am just starting to mine at Dwarfpool, because they have several servers and one is in Argentina. However, which other pool mining do you recommend. Did you get any payment from other pools?

I saw some posts of this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=185001;sa=showPosts
Here is a transaction from Dwarfpool to another user: https://etherchain.org/tx/0x1fe24a6576af716ea612192e4d790c9b33e2a9d40690a66c1ebba8e717fabf7c

I don't know. Did someone got any recent payment from Dwarfpool?
I am not able to enable the hourly payment, authorize ip returns 500 internal server error.

Mining ETH with 1050TI core clock downlocked -200mhz , mem +400MHz  - 80w  from the wall
Earnings: 14MH/s using cuda. 0.006 ETH / 24hs
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:41:49 AM

We're not experiencing the "difficulty bomb", yet.  We're just experiencing very rapid growth in hash rate.  Metropolis may have the "Ige Age" coded into it, which will limit the rate of minting new ETH.  The current version is Homestead. We're just currently up against everyone and their mom getting into mining. We're still minting 5 ETH every 15 seconds.  Just more people have their hat in the ring to get it.

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:29:07 AM

@wishinsky There is no such thing as 6gb RX 580. Maybe mining isn't good idea for you if you know nothing about GPUs
Appuned

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:56:59 AM

We're not experiencing the "difficulty bomb", yet.  We're just experiencing very rapid growth in hash rate.  Metropolis may have the "Ige Age" coded into it, which will limit the rate of minting new ETH.  The current version is Homestead. We're just currently up against everyone and their mom getting into mining. We're still minting 5 ETH every 15 seconds.  Just more people have their hat in the ring to get it.

I think it is the difficulty bomb. The block time has risen a lot.
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:22:03 PM

They have risen, from a little less at 15 seconds to over 17 seconds, on average.  Variance plays a part, too.  Congestion over all the ICOs, I would speculate, would be a partial component of this.

https://etherscan.io/chart/blocktime
thesmokingman

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:20:12 PM

They have risen, from a little less at 15 seconds to over 17 seconds, on average.  Variance plays a part, too.  Congestion over all the ICOs, I would speculate, would be a partial component of this.

Looks like Vitaliks blog post of us hiting 20 second block times by July 12 may be upon us sooner than we thought.

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
Haryford

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:33:40 PM

Looks like Vitaliks blog post of us hiting 20 second block times by July 12 may be upon us sooner than we thought.

If the block time is 20 seconds, can we squeeze more transactions into those 20 seconds?
dandreark1 (OP)

out here

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:09:02 AM

The time I've been mining in dpool, my profits have lined up exactly with what hit my wallet along with corresponding hash rates. If they're stealing my profits, they must be skimming something minimal to the point where it's unnoticed. I will bear that in mind and try a diff pool. It's been consistent for me though, payout wise as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: