Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: localbitcoins.com banned my account when a fraud account use my ID to scam  (Read 583 times)
victory1908 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:47:07 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 02:57:12 PM by victory1908

Hi everyone.I want to share with you my said story with localbitcoins.com

I just get interested in bitcoin and other coin only 2 months ago. I start an account in localbitcoins.com trying to start by, sell and get familiar with bitcoin. I verified my account using my passport and also my phone number to build my reputation with buyer and seller. I manage to get over 30+ successful transaction with 100% positive feedback.

A few day ago. 1 buyer contact me asking for a trade. Before make a transfer he request me to send my ID as verification to prevent fraud account or any scam. I thought it was a normal process to build trust between buyer and seller because he need to send money to my bank account. I process to send my passport to his email which he provided. After that the buyer cancel the trade. At that time I think may be he found other seller with better rate or have some other thing to do.

2 days ago I after make a btc deposit into my account I login to my account and check whether my ads reflect my new balance. I did not see my ads anymore, go around I found at my profile page indicate that my account is banned by staff. At first I thought there is some mistake as I did not do anything illegal nor have any scam activity. All my ID, phone number has been verified correctly. I log a support ticket asking why my account is banned. I received the response that the account xxx (which is not my account) having problem with trade number yyy. What the heck is going on I only have 1 account and never created another account.

After asking the support It turn out that xxx account is verified by my ID . Staff at localbitcoins.com said my xxx account (which I did not create) need to resolve the problem with the trade reference zzzz. How can I resolve the problem with the account I do not have access? I continue to ask what is the problem. They said that xxx account use fake payment info. I tried to tell them that I did not create that account and don’t have access to that how can I resolve the problem. I even desperately offer them to deduct the amount of the fraud and leave me be. They said my account will be deduct the amount that xxx account (the fraud account verified by my ID ) has scammed a victim. And after that my account will still be banned and my wallet will be frozen for six months (180 days)

The punishment  was like I was the one who did all the scam related to the xxx account. They only believe their very weak verified system which allow 2 accounts to be verified using the same ID. (Or even don’t have picture with date….) the verification system is very week compare to other platform but they still use that to made judgment. I even don’t have a chance to prove that I have sent my ID as verification for a trade with buyer (I still keep all the email and conversation detail)

I’m still trying to fight for my right but seem there will be no change to my punishment. What happen to me may happen to everyone. Please be aware. I will update all detail as long as picture of conversation with support if anyone need to verify the content.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
victory1908 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:35:28 PM

be careful when someone asking for ID verification! Don't be like me
mzforfree

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:14:47 PM

mine too! And i have proof including police reports, bank report of me reporting ID theft as well as witnesses such as my employer and other employees who saw me go through this AS WELL as a check made out from my boss to me for "advance: ID theft issues". They are still refusing to unban my account.. If one of the most reputable sites of BTC exchange can't be trusted who can?
victory1908 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:16:35 PM

mine too! And i have proof including police reports, bank report of me reporting ID theft as well as witnesses such as my employer and other employees who saw me go through this AS WELL as a check made out from my boss to me for "advance: ID theft issues". They are still refusing to unban my account.. If one of the most reputable sites of BTC exchange can't be trusted who can?

What happen to you by the way?
X2bitcoinschain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:34:10 PM

THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALSO ON PAXFUL.COM, BUT THEIR PROBLEM IS , TYHEY DONT CARE TO HEAR IF YOU ARE RIGHT OR NOT.

LOCALBITCOINS WILL RETURN YOUR BITCOINS, BUT THIS PAXFUL.COM ARE SCAM SITE

I HAVE NO SCAM ISSUE WITH MINE, THEY SAID I SELL ECODES AND THE OWNER WITHDRAW MY COINS TO THEIR COMPANY ACCT
X2bitcoinschain

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:34:42 PM

Paxful.com is a scam. Trade on localbitcoins . com next time

Take a look on their scam site from this links

1) https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/6jqlpp/stay_away_from_paxfulcom_the_moderators_are/

2) http://www.nairaland.com/3884643/www.paxful.com-fraud-scammer-site-founder

3) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1987998.0

4) http://www.nairaland.com/3887327/never-trade-paxful.com-owner-start#57917835

They will ban the vendor, take all his coins and won't even resolve issue with the Card owner.  Scam both Vendor and Card seller

The owner were caught with drug weeks ago in Miami, USA.

Popular site in USA Posted this, read it here https://cointelegraph.com/news/paxful-exchange-ceo-and-cto-arrested-in-miami-on-weapons-and-drugs-charges

STAY AWAY FROM PAXFUL.COM PLEASE, THEY ARE DANGEROUS.
X2bitcoinschain

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:38:33 PM

AM SURE YOU WONT HAVE TIME POSTING ALL THIS IF YOU TRULY SCAM THEM AS CLAIMED
victory1908 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:57:17 AM

Lesson learnnkt to put too many btc in all site. My one if i realize first i have not deposit. The banned only appear on my profile page
bitcoin talk

Activity: 249
Merit: 12

Join us at slack https://bitcoin-talkers.slack.com

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:20:04 PM

Lesson learnnkt to put too many btc in all site. My one if i realize first i have not deposit. The banned only appear on my profile page
How will you sell your btc from now on? What are the other alternatives?

Jeigar

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 08:37:06 AM

I have a similar problem, did you have to wait 180 days to be able to withdraw your btc? or did they give you the opportunity to remove them before? I would be very grateful if you helped me by answering that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: