Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:46:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-08. New danish bitcoin Exchange (www.peoplemooney.com)  (Read 1106 times)
Bitcoiner_cph (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:00:34 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 07:25:29 PM by Bitcoiner_cph

As a prelaunch we announce our new Bitcoin Exchange located in wonderfull Copenhagen, Denmark. (Scandinavia).

www.PeopleMooney.com

We have a first version ready, that are fairly simple to use.

We make all deposits/withdraws in bankwires/BTCwallets FREE at the moment!

The standard fee for Exchange is 0,5% (note under MTGOXs fee for "smaller" transactions).

Note that the site is in a FIRST VERSION and can still hold some bugs, so please be patience with us, in case of bugs.

We would prefare to receive smaller clients and give a fast and cheap service, in this introduction fase. But on the other hand will we accept all clients.

Our bank account is in Denmark and at the moment we receive currency in DKK, please note that the clients pay all bank fees involved in transactions and that PeopleMooney.com convert any deposit/withdraw without fee accourding to the official daily currency rate of the Danish National Bank.

Any comments or questions, please post here in the forum.

www.PeopleMooney.com

Bitcoin Exchange located in Copenhagen, Denmark.

ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:02:16 PM

I'm curious about the name...

Also, only 14 people have read this post but the site already lags like Gox on Tamazepam...

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
Missionary

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:28:39 PM

What's up with the name? And why is this posted in the Press segment rather than under Service Announcement? Smiley

EDIT: Inserted smiley for a more friendly tone.

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
Bitcoiner_cph (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:39:58 PM

I'm curious about the name...

Also, only 14 people have read this post but the site already lags like Gox on Tamazepam...

Its a somewhat slow tempoary server running the site at the moment, this explain the lag. Expected to have a new high power server ready in about two weeks.

About the name:

the name is pronaunced ”peoplemoney”, but spelled ”peoplemooney” with two o's. The reason was simply that the domain name PeopleMoney.com was taken and we had to be creative in making an unique name for the service. As Bitcoins are ”the peoples Money”, compared to other old currencies and the concept of bitcoins, are a little ”spacy” thues ”moon-y” (relating to the moon), we decided on the unique name ”PeopleMooney”.

Bitcoiner_cph (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:40:37 PM

What's up with the name? And why is this posted in the Press segment rather than under Service Announcement? Smiley

Thank you for the smiley... above decribtion of the reason for the name.  Smiley

Bitcoiner_cph (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:43:40 PM

You are right, it schould have been posted in the Service Annoucement section, unfortunately I cant post there... Will admin kindly move the Thread to the "Service Announcement" section?? Smiley

ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:57:16 PM

That's what I thought.

Sounds...odd!

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
Bitcoiner_cph (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:16:48 PM

That's what I thought.

Sounds...odd!

Like many other internet domainnames and new tech business's names...

If youo like the service, then the name does not matter that much..

You are welcome to come and buy/sell BITCOINs...

2_Thumbs_Up

Activity: 323
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:50:30 PM

The reason was simply that the domain name PeopleMoney.com was taken and we had to be creative in making an unique name for the service.
I mean no offence but this sounds kind of ironic.  Smiley

Anyway, it might be worth it to reconsider the name. What if someone makes a phishing site with the "normal" spelling?
Bitcoiner_cph (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:03:46 PM

The reason was simply that the domain name PeopleMoney.com was taken and we had to be creative in making an unique name for the service.

Anyway, it might be worth it to reconsider the name. What if someone makes a phishing site with the "normal" spelling?

We like the name, and it will not be changed.

Of course people have to use www.peoplemooney.com to get to our service.

elgeo

Activity: 200

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:05:09 PM

As a prelaunch we announce our new Bitcoin Exchange located in wonderfull Copenhagen, Denmark. (Scandinavia).

www.PeopleMooney.com

The standard fee for Exchange is 0,5% (note under MTGOXs fee for "smaller" transactions).

Note that the site is in a FIRST VERSION and can still hold some bugs, so please be patience with us, in case of bugs.

We would prefare to receive smaller clients and give a fast and cheap service, in this introduction fase. But on the other hand will we accept all clients.

Our bank account is in Denmark and at the moment we receive currency in DKK, please note that the clients pay all bank fees involved in transactions and that PeopleMooney.com convert any deposit/withdraw without fee accourding to the official daily currency rate of the Danish National Bank.

www.PeopleMooney.com

Finn jobb

I don't have a signature because I'm not a customary person.
Bitcoiner_cph (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:07:15 PM

www.PeopleMooney.com

www.PeopleMooney.com

Finn jobb

Tack så mycket. Thanks alot.

beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:15:15 PM

Don't evoke kiba's wrath. He's sleeping. We need dates.

The title of the thread should be:

2013-05-08 New danish bitcoin Exchange (www.peoplemooney.com)

Bitcoiner_cph (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:26:12 PM

Don't evoke kiba's wrath. He's sleeping. We need dates.

The title of the thread should be:

2013-05-08 New danish bitcoin Exchange (www.peoplemooney.com)

I do not know what Kiba's wrath is.. ??

But here you have the headline with the date in it.

2_Thumbs_Up

Activity: 323
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:14:26 PM

We like the name, and it will not be changed.

Of course people have to use www.peoplemooney.com to get to our service.
There is nothing wrong with the name really. I'm just worried from a security standpoint that someone with bad intent could get a hold of the peoplemoney.com domain, which would be somewhat worse than a regular phishing attempt since someone without good knowledge of your site could think that you are the fake. I still love the initiative since more exchanges are badly needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: