Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:40:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: R4 repair (second one for this machine) In Denver.  (Read 329 times)
boomin1 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:45:09 PM

Sorry in advance for the long story.   I sent in my R4 for a paid repair *although it was under warranty from China - it is cost prohibitive to send the entire machine back to China.  So I opted to send it to Bitmainwarranty in Denver.  Took about 3 weeks (this was 2 months ago) and cost me about $200 for the hashboard replacement.  The same unit failed about 3 weeks later.  Honestly cant remember if it was the same board or not.  I actually spoke to Yoshi directly *he picked up the phone!  He was super nice, he sent me a call tag and immediately started my 8.7 TH on the myrig comped site.  (I was impressed to say the least!)  A month or so later I received a bill from Ashli - for 2 hash boards replacement at 175 each and 25$ shipping.  I told her to look at the original order and notice that it was sent back with pictures showing only one hash board was bad.  Asked her to please speak with Yoshi as it was rework and there shouldn't be a charge.  This should have been a red flag for me - however I have a lot of experience with Bitmain china and Denver.  5 days go by and had not heard anything.  Copied Yoshi and Ashli on the next message and I almost immediately got an email apologizing and included a tracking number for my unit as it will be shipped out that day no charge.  I was ecstatic!  The unit showed up 4 days later, plugged it in and immediately noticed it wasn't my same machine.  Wrote it off as whatever, I don't care as long as it works!  It worked, but only 8.0 TH.  After a few days of back and forth with Yoshi, He had left for China I believe.  He called me upon his arrival to Denver (today the 28th) and offered me my original purchase price back in paypal as they no longer have any 8.7 machines - problem is street value of the 8.7 right now is 2-3k (at least from what I see on ebay)  he offered an S9 refurbished unit 12.5 TH which I thought wasn't too bad, but the problem is I have already sold them to a friend of mine for in home use.  BTW the 8.0 machine made it 12 hrs before a hash card failed - so now its half down too.  He is getting back to me today with "other options"  I will keep you posted.  So what started as the best customer service I have ever received from Bitmain, has me quite frustrated at the current juncture.  I sure hope we can find a mutually agreeable option - any ideas or suggestions?  Already asked if they had any L3's...

Boomin1
formerly boomin prior to the hack of this site....
 Huh
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:25:26 AM

Yeah,had a video card go bad....with the 3 year warranty it cost me nothing,no shipping charge,they sent a label via email & I got it back in 3 weeks,that was 4 months ago,still mining!!!  Cheesy

Enjoy those ASIC miners!!!! I gave up on em at the S7.......IF it fails you lost money,big time..............

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: