Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: philosophical question  (Read 717 times)
Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:39:10 AM

I don't mean any offence or to offend anybody at all, it's simply a question.

Was slavery in the US that bad? By having slaves and abolishing slavery later on, yes it was cruel and wrong BUT with slavery they've saved the many generations of africans from potentially dying from a disease, war,etc... and gave the new generations of slaves to live a normal and a lot more happy life in the US later on. So was slavery actually that bad?

I hope that you've understood the question I wanted to ask, really sleepy right now but wanted to hear your opinion on this one.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:30:10 AM

Was slavery in the US that bad? By having slaves and abolishing slavery later on, yes it was cruel and wrong BUT with slavery they've saved the many generations of africans from potentially dying from a disease, war,etc... and gave the new generations of slaves to live a normal and a lot more happy life in the US later on. So was slavery actually that bad?

I hope that you've understood the question I wanted to ask, really sleepy right now but wanted to hear your opinion on this one.

I'll bite Wink I love these, and no offense taken. Also, in before the racist crew comes out to play Wink

Life in America isn't normal or happy for some black people. It's hard to explain, and I'll sound butthurt, but suffice it to say this is not the American dream. Your potential for growth is limited, it kind of makes you just want to give up. People assume they know your character because of how you look, it's frustrating to say 'Hello Ma'am' to an older white lady in Walmart, and have her glare at you. And then repeat yourself politely, because surely she didnt hear me, she reacted wrong, and have the lady pfft and glare and leave. I hate it that my skin bothers people so much sometimes they want to harm me.

Slavery was no gift. The horrors of slavery engendered social policy that persists to this day. We aren't in chains, but a prison does not always require bars.

So no, I don't think systematic torture, rape and genocide is justified by a third place seat in modern America. Also, from a numbers perspective, the breeding potential that was usurped to create more slaves would have more than made up for those lost to misadventure/calamity.

Would you be a slave?

tikalbong

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:00:48 AM

So you mean to say, the helped the African race by means of hurting them and treating them like animals? Is that the definition of helping for you?

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]       ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
───────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ───────
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 05:02:00 AM

Yes, slavery was that bad.

You don't put any facts forth that there was any missed exposure to "disease, war, etc."...but if you had it still wouldn't matter.

The kidnapping of a human is bad.

The forced labor against someone's will is bad.

The thought that you could own someone is bad.

The mental "fuck you" that must have endured for all but the strongest in mind and body is bad.

The social stigma against a race of people that slavery created and reinforced is bad.

All the hate groups against african americans and races in general that have been created out of this early/original idea of slavery is bad.

The decades and decades of denied rights, segregation, racism, lost opportunity, killings were all bad.

And it's caused an element of reverse racism. Majority of white Americans that live today are not racist and never had anything to do with slavery, but the actions of white Americans from 200 years ago is still influencing the relationship tension between these two races. African Americans can claim "white privilege" and it's legit...but did every white person sign up or subscribe or act in a way that would grant them greater privilege than their African American peer? No, in most cases no. But the privilege Whites granted themselves 200+ years ago has been institutionalized today...either in actual socioeconomic impact or just perception.

Oh...and by "bad" I mean disgustingly terrible. Really royally fucked up in logic and heart and compassion.

P.S. It's a question, no offense taken.
Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:29:16 AM

I'll bite Wink I love these, and no offense taken. Also, in before the racist crew comes out to play Wink

Life in America isn't normal or happy for some black people. It's hard to explain, and I'll sound butthurt, but suffice it to say this is not the American dream. Your potential for growth is limited, it kind of makes you just want to give up. People assume they know your character because of how you look, it's frustrating to say 'Hello Ma'am' to an older white lady in Walmart, and have her glare at you. And then repeat yourself politely, because surely she didnt hear me, she reacted wrong, and have the lady pfft and glare and leave. I hate it that my skin bothers people so much sometimes they want to harm me.

Slavery was no gift. The horrors of slavery engendered social policy that persists to this day. We aren't in chains, but a prison does not always require bars.

So no, I don't think systematic torture, rape and genocide is justified by a third place seat in modern America. Also, from a numbers perspective, the breeding potential that was usurped to create more slaves would have more than made up for those lost to misadventure/calamity.

Would you be a slave?

I don't deny anything about slavery but with them being in US, they've saved future generations for 90$ sure death and starvation. Look at hot people are living in Africa and how people are living in US, are you telling me it's the same?

So you mean to say, the helped the African race by means of hurting them and treating them like animals? Is that the definition of helping for you?

no, you're missing the point. By them being slaves, and enduring all of that, they've saved all next generations from the current situation in Africa and you're telling me that the situation in US and Africa are the same right now?

I don't think you guys got the point of the question and you're telling me that the lifestyles in US and Africa are the same and that they wouldn't have a problem moving to Congo, Nigeria, Ghana from any country in US?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 06:05:10 AM

no, you're missing the point. By them being slaves, and enduring all of that, they've saved all next generations from the current situation in Africa and you're telling me that the situation in US and Africa are the same right now?

I don't think you guys got the point of the question and you're telling me that the lifestyles in US and Africa are the same and that they wouldn't have a problem moving to Congo, Nigeria, Ghana from any country in US?

Ok, I think you need to rephrase the question. It sounds like you're asking: Would African Americans, who are descendants of those who were subjected to slavery prefer to live in Africa without the slavery past or live in America with the slavery past? (Or the first generation beyond slavery, etc.)

Is that closer to your point?
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:10:14 AM

Using your fellow human beings as a slave is very bad but in the case of united states of American using African as a slave and now turning to favour African slaves next generation is an act of God and a recompense for the evil treatment from their fellow human beings.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:35:07 AM

In fact, the concept of slavery is relative. A lot of people are now considered to be free, but live as slaves, sometimes even worse than they are. How can you call life in third countries of people with a salary of 100 dollars a month? And that's not the worst option.
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:50:40 AM

If being a slave is a help. Then helping is not an act of kindness.
They are humans with the same right as everyone. It would save them just to be fitted on another misery. Don't they have a choice of having a free life?  (Just opinion.)

This is a really nice topic. Smiley

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
OVERT
BOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄░░░▄▄▄▄░░▀███████▄
█████████░░░████░░░████████
█████████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░░████░░░░███████
▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▀░░░▄██████▀
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
ANN
THREAD
|Go-Overt
Powered by [banned mixer]
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:54:42 AM

Would you be a slave?

Genocide? Do you even know meaning of that word?

The 'Age of Totalitarianism' included nearly all of the infamous examples of genocide in modern history, headed by the Jewish Holocaust, but also comprising the mass murders and purges of the Communist world, other mass killings carried out by Nazi Germany and its allies, and also the Armenian genocide of 1915. All these slaughters, it is argued here, had a common origin, the collapse of the elite structure and normal modes of government of much of central, eastern and southern Europe as a result of the First World War, without which surely neither Communism nor Fascism would have existed except in the minds of unknown agitators and crackpots.
— William Rubinstein, Genocide: a history

You should educate yourself more before throwing arund such a strong terms. There is over 40 million african american people today, despite the fact, that at the time, when transatlantic slave trade with west african warlords ended, there were around one million.

African Americans persisted quite well until 1960´, when liberalization and secularization destroyed notion of black family. They need you white knights stop patronizing them, not throwing "genocides" around.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:18:41 AM

I would vastly prefer to take my own chances and die free.

One of my great great great whatevers owned an army of slaves in the West Indies.

My dad showed me a letter from him written when slavery was abolished. He was bloody delighted. He no longer had to feed, house, educate or medicate them. All he had to do was pay them.

In fact, the concept of slavery is relative. A lot of people are now considered to be free, but live as slaves, sometimes even worse than they are. How can you call life in third countries of people with a salary of 100 dollars a month? And that's not the worst option.

I'd say there was a rather big difference between being imprisoned by necessity and circumstances and being owned by another human being. Things can change in your favour.
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:21:31 PM

Would you be a slave?

Genocide? Do you even know meaning of that word?

The 'Age of Totalitarianism' included nearly all of the infamous examples of genocide in modern history, headed by the Jewish Holocaust, but also comprising the mass murders and purges of the Communist world, other mass killings carried out by Nazi Germany and its allies, and also the Armenian genocide of 1915. All these slaughters, it is argued here, had a common origin, the collapse of the elite structure and normal modes of government of much of central, eastern and southern Europe as a result of the First World War, without which surely neither Communism nor Fascism would have existed except in the minds of unknown agitators and crackpots.
— William Rubinstein, Genocide: a history

You should educate yourself more before throwing arund such a strong terms. There is over 40 million african american people today, despite the fact, that at the time, when transatlantic slave trade with west african warlords ended, there were around one million.

African Americans persisted quite well until 1960´, when liberalization and secularization destroyed notion of black family. They need you white knights stop patronizing them, not throwing "genocides" around.

Yeah, OK Wink what ever you say bro. Not fielding this silly shit Wink don't have the energy this morning. Too bad you don't like my term.

Its genocide. Sorry don't agree, honestly, no fucks given.

And colored people breeding scares the dog shit out of y'all Sad
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:47:10 PM

Greenbits,

the fact, that you are race obssessed cuck, doesnt mean, that all of us on Bitcointalk forum are also.

Your little racist brain wouldnt even consider majority of our global community "white" enough to bother with arguing.

The fact is, that African Americans owe their very existence to the past, that along time ago, african slave traders made a deal with greedy Anglo-Saxon and Jewish bussinessmen. An evil pact for sure, but one, that paved way for formation and accomplishments of one of those most prominent groups of United States of America. African-american people. Now, 40 million strong.

They did it all even without you patronizing them. And speaking about them as "third seaters". You are not helping them, just making yourself looking like a commie homo. On bitcointalk forum, place for profit and learning.

"colored people breeding scares the dog shit out of y'all"

Then go watch interracial porn for Gods sake! Your mental disease with cocks of one particular color is of no public interest.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:50:26 PM

I have a feeling you are white because if you are not, there is no reason to justify what you have just said that despite the good life as you have rightly noted,  every black citizen in the US going back one or two generations cannot but identity with the fact that they are there as a result of slavery and nothing else and they will not go away even till the present day because how do judge the various racial incidents still happening in all facets of Americans lives from Hollywood to Military among other sections.
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:55:21 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 04:29:58 PM by GreenBits

Greenbits,

the fact, that you are race obssessed cuck, doesnt mean, that all of us on Bitcointalk forum are also.

Your little racist brain wouldnt even consider majority of our global community "white" enough to bother with arguing.

The fact is, that African Americans owe their very existence to the past, that along time ago, african slave traders made a deal with greedy Anglo-Saxon and Jewish bussinessmen. An evil pact for sure, but one, that paved way for formation and accomplishments of one of those most prominent groups of United States of America. African-american people. Now, 40 million strong.

They did it all even without you patronizing them. And speaking about them as "third seaters". You are not helping them, just making yourself looking like a commie homo. On bitcointalk forum, place for profit and learning.

"colored people breeding scares the dog shit out of y'all"

Then go watch interracial porn for Gods sake! Your mental disease with cocks of one particular color is of no public interest.

Yezzir Wink

I have officially been called a cuck. I'm seriously about to go take a shot, you just made my day good sir.

Fuck it, you get a baker's dozen of fucking cookies Smiley I just gots to quote this my man, this is truly a badge of honor. I'm not trolling you, me and the Miss think the fact that cuck is a mainstream insult now, especially given the origins of the contemporary usage, is fucking hilarious. We call each other cuck like an inside joke; to be fair, it was after y'all adopted it, it was parody at first but we fond it so amusing we still do it out of habit. I haven't shown her this post yet, but bruv, we are going to laugh about this shit for a minute. Everyone that not familiar with cuck, please go look this shit up on Google. Specifically, search alt right + cuck + origins. Mad interesting Smiley

I agree with everything you say. I'm a race obsessed cuck that considers everyone colored. And African Americans benefited immensely from slavery. You can tell now, it's obvious. Oh, and I like dick too, and Communism. Greenbits: lover of socialism, race baiting, and dick. I like what you did there Cool

When I look at porn, I'm pretty much oblivious to the fact that there is a guy there, let alone his race, so interracial porn is like any other straight porn. I've never like, specifically searched interracial porn , but I will concede I haven't seen a race of females that I don't find attractive, I can't exclude any off the top. A bad bitch is a bad bitch, I don't care what color they are dipped in myself. As long as they are thick..

Oh wait, I'm a huge fag, I forgot. Cock and dick and such Smiley

I'm smiling and nodding profusely.

Please go on, we are all watching Wink I want to hear you defend slavery more, this is actually interesting now.

switching over to the ADEX campaign. Going to take a break from the Politics section for a while, dont want to say anything too controversial Cheesy I'll be back.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:59:42 PM

I have a feeling you are white because if you are not, there is no reason to justify what you have just said that despite the good life as you have rightly noted,  every black citizen in the US going back one or two generations cannot but identity with the fact that they are there as a result of slavery and nothing else and they will not go away even till the present day because how do judge the various racial incidents still happening in all facets of Americans lives from Hollywood to Military among other sections.
In fact, the problems between white and black reversible. There are neighborhoods densely populated by blacks and there have problems white. Racial intolerance has nothing to do with slavery. It seems to me that slavery is only when a man against his will exploit, and I'm in the US not seen.
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:45:05 PM

Hahaha, the Allmighty God rules supremely. We are all of us, all colors ...His slaves. At any moment, anywhere, and without notice the Supreme Ruling God can strike with pestilence, war, disease and calamity. Potentially, He can do this to any people group He wishes, or if He is going totally crazy, to all of humanity, all at once. Let's heed and pray, for redemption and salvation, and, if for nothing else, preservation.

wowanstrong

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:17:19 PM

Hahaha, the Allmighty God rules supremely. We are all of us, all colors ...His slaves. At any moment, anywhere, and without notice the Supreme Ruling God can strike with pestilence, war, disease and calamity. Potentially, He can do this to any people group He wishes, or if He is going totally crazy, to all of humanity, all at once. Let's heed and pray, for redemption and salvation, and, if for nothing else, preservation.

To date, theft issues have long been closed, but the black skinned people still continue to be very strongly oppressed and they are not considered equal citizens of the country. Why is this tendency observed so far? I do not understand.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Iranus

Activity: 1806
Merit: 534

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:59:56 PM

The real comparison is slavery vs equality.

At the time, a lot of people who were freed from slavery actually found that their lives were extremely shit afterwards.  Black people, for an extremely long time in the US, found that they were born into families with little money and that earning it was difficult because of discrimination from citizens and employers.

The reason that I view the comparison as being between slavery and equality is because the abolition of slavery (legally), was just one tiny step towards equality.  While it may not have been that good for the slaves in the short term, the political effects of that decision have been felt ever since it happened.

Quote from: GreenBits
Your potential for growth is limited, it kind of makes you just want to give up. People assume they know your character because of how you look, it's frustrating to say 'Hello Ma'am' to an older white lady in Walmart, and have her glare at you.
I'm white, and it's hilarious to see some white people assume that they know whether black people experience racism.  The only group you can ask about if black people experience racism is black people, and if a large amount of them say yes then they do.  That's just basic logic.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:42:38 PM

If you think of it now, yes, blacks in the US definitely have it better than those in say, Sudan or Sierra Leone. But that is only a fluke. What would have happened if slavery was never abolished? Many European countries has already started abolishing it at the time, but what would have happened if the US lagged, like how some countries in Africa (the irony) still practice it now?

Also, the intent. They were never intended to be equals. They were chattel. Some people even point out that they were selected for traits. There is a theory on why African-Americans have a high rate of hypertension compared to blacks in Africa. It involves artificial selection. There were illustrations that seem to support it, images of slave traders licking the sweat off slaves in the market. Apparently they were tasting for salt. Those that retain water better during long voyages are less likely to die of dehydration, meaning the trader don't lose money.

Of course the reasoning was backward since those with saltier sweat are those that don't retain salt well but then again that was before modern science. The fact remains that they tried to select for a trait that they believed would maximize profit.

Quote from: GreenBits
Your potential for growth is limited, it kind of makes you just want to give up. People assume they know your character because of how you look, it's frustrating to say 'Hello Ma'am' to an older white lady in Walmart, and have her glare at you.
I'm white, and it's hilarious to see some white people assume that they know whether black people experience racism.  The only group you can ask about if black people experience racism is black people, and if a large amount of them say yes then they do.  That's just basic logic.

I thought Greenbits was black. I believe I heard him mention somewhere that he's from Africa. Starts with M, I think it's Mozambique.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: