Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rx 580 suddenly dropped to 4mh/s  (Read 860 times)
richpress (OP)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Sr. Web Developer / Msg for work inquiries

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 01:50:21 AM

Hello guys, I have 6 Sapphire Rx 580 nitro+, I'm using the combined driver downloaded from cryptomined channel, windows 10.
Worked fine for a couple of days, but they were generating so much heat so I increased the fans to 49% and underclocked the core to 1200mhz, after one day one card is hashing at 4mh/s and it ignores any value of clock I set in afterburner (the moment I hit apply it goes back to default) I'm using claymore miner.
Any ideas ?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:56:45 AM

Sounds like a thread stuck in the card. Try reinstalling the drivers after removing the driver in safe mode mode using DDU. You could also try uninstalling Afterburner and installing the latest version to see if it helps.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:10:41 AM

Sounds like a thread stuck in the card. Try reinstalling the drivers after removing the driver in safe mode mode using DDU. You could also try uninstalling Afterburner and installing the latest version to see if it helps.

There is an easier way..... Just stick your hdmj cable in the card doing 4mh/s and it should correct itself.
richpress (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 12:56:37 PM

Alright guys thanks, i'll try both solutions.
also noob question, any idea which PCIe port is GPU0 ? because that's the one stuck right now.
chiefoforc

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:15:22 PM

also noob question, any idea which PCIe port is GPU0 ? because that's the one stuck right now.

press “0” to disable GPU0 ,then look at MSIAfterburner , which GPU's wattage is lower , then turn that GPU's fan to 100%, now you can find out which one is that.
richpress (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 02:07:40 PM

press “0” to disable GPU0 ,then look at MSIAfterburner , which GPU's wattage is lower , then turn that GPU's fan to 100%, now you can find out which one is that.

Alright cool, thanks for the trick
iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:04:24 PM

Or just look at HWinfo (which you should be using anyway to see error). As soon as you press 0, the GPU Utilization should go to 0%.
richpress (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 04:56:41 PM

Or just look at HWinfo (which you should be using anyway to see error). As soon as you press 0, the GPU Utilization should go to 0%.
Thanks, what I meant was to physically identify the gpu with the index 0, ie. which gpu on the motherboard is gpu0 to plug the hdmi into it, because I thought gpu0 is the one gpu plugged into the first pcie x16 port.
Millenium Falcon

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:19:35 PM

There is an easier way..... Just stick your hdmj cable in the card doing 4mh/s and it should correct itself.

I had the same problem and fixed with hdmi-vga adapter installation to that card.
richpress (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 05:28:53 PM

I had the same problem and fixed with hdmi-vga adapter installation to that card.
Thank you, i'll try that as soon as I get home.
Do you have any idea what's a good fan speed for these cards ? is 49% too much for the fan/ card ?
Pennywis3

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:38:52 PM

49% is not that much, especialy for the nitro+ cards, which have really good quality fans...
Swiped

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:08:39 PM

49% is not that much, especialy for the nitro+ cards, which have really good quality fans...

And to add to that, fans are cheap and easy to replace, the cards, not so much, set your card temps to 75 degrees and base load your fans at 50%, the fans on the Sapphires last a long time and the key to keeping your cards cool is air flow, and lots of it
utkugenel

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:14:38 AM

Did you solve this problem? I have sudden drop too from 28 to 22 Mh/s with msi rx 580.
when it was 28 Mh/s afterburner gpu power about 144 watt.
after hasrate dropped to 22 Mh/s. gpu power shows 132 watt.
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:13:52 PM

Once ago I have experienced this problem. Solution was to connect a monitor to problematic gpu. So If you receive 4mh/s with a gpu connect hdmi cable to this unit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: