Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:18:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ICO ?  (Read 2623 times)
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 03:24:55 AM

Well now that the question is already answered by "almost the same" answer, I suggest that you locked down the thread here admin. Or perhaps that you still got some other questions? Because I did not see you hanging around in this thread anymore. Huh

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:54:13 AM

We may define ICO as "Unregulated way of Initial Coin offering by which funds are raised" for new cryptocurrency.  It is crowd sale to public.  This is just like Intial Public offers (IPOs) of various companies which issue shares of their companies to general public; to collect / raise funds for start of their new business projects or to expand current operations. But ICO differs from IPo as ICOs are unregulated but IPOs are regulated by rules and regulations of the various laws of the nations.  In ICOs no regulatory authority is there to watch the issue.  So there are more chances for scams in ICOs though all issues are not fake issues. 
One must be careful, watching, alert and must gain deep knowledge about the project only after being satisfied about the project; he should invest in cryptocurrency.
Crypto_Qv9

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Crypto N Kafe is Live. Join the Pre-ICO now!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 04:04:01 AM

ICO is a next big thing in the coming years.

Let me explain you with a basic example - suppose you have an idea and want to implement it into reality. Now you need crowdfunding for the implementation of that project/idea. You will throw a coin sale asking people to invest their coins (BTC, ETH, ALT) into it and you will provide some value to their coin which will be secured in their wallets.

Now once your project start running, you will share some amount of profit with the coin investors.

bitminton

Activity: 116

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:37:52 AM

I dont think it is a big thing. too many scam ICO. people really know what is ICO now
rhyajelle

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:10:05 AM

ICO itself is a fundraiser for building applications related to Blockchain and its implementation such as bitcoin, smart contract, and smart ledger. Many developers use this method to raise funds to develop their projects. this is a small picture like token is stock.

EMPC  Token
EMPIREHOTELS (EMPC) used for business, hotel ,Room booking
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ? face Book  Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:48:56 AM

An initial coin offering (ICO) is a means of crowdfunding centered around cryptocurrency, which can be a source of capital for startup companies. In an ICO, some quantity of the crowdfunded cryptocurrency is preallocated to investors in the form of "tokens," in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum. These tokens become functional units of currency if or when the ICO's funding goal is met and the project launches.
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 03:23:50 AM

I dont think it is a big thing. too many scam ICO. people really know what is ICO now

Not quite agree with your statement. In my opinion, as long as the project have a clear information, team, roadmap, etc., the ICO will not (likely) be a scam. And the ICO is the first step of the project, so it must be a big thing for the developer's team (and the bounty hunters too Grin). Don't forget to always keep in touch with the developers on every social media, and if the project is good they will often reply to your questions.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:33:13 AM

Help me to understand what is ICO ..?

ICO means inintial coins offerings launched  herein bitcointalk to promote a kind of coin become have an value into the coinmarketcap, every ico have an roadmap how its work as legit in the market to show to investors the credibility of the project.

alieknov

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:50:46 AM

ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin offering, also called an Initial Public Coin Offering (IPCO).
hotICOlist

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 03:53:52 AM

ICO stand for Initial Coin Offering it a way to funds some cryptocurrency related project
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:55:54 AM

A game to scam you money, also a game make you rich in a very short time, if you are a newbee, i advice you to stay away from it.
alt18coins

Activity: 261
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:28:00 AM

ICO means Initial Coin Offering.This is the way of investment in cryptocurrency project.It will sell some tokens to the interested investors and in return investors get a huge profit from it.
anucrypto

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 07:06:27 AM

ICO means intial coin offering which is used to startups the regulated capital raising process reuired by capitalists . it has token sales which investors buy it and gain higher profit.so it is another way of investing which you can earn money.
Rate

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:10:40 AM

Most of them a SCAM! Be aware in what ICO you wanted to participate make sure you read their whitepaper very well and they are not hiding their identity.

Buy Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: