Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 11:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Alt-Coin Development Team  (Read 577 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:49:00 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 05:01:02 PM by owenprescott

Branding
As a designer branding will be a key component the the coin. I already have a brand that I am working on with stocked merchandise of all sorts, even custom beer  Shocked. The new coin would be tied into the brand, this includes allowing users to purchase from my merchant stores & services, also I can give out free coins with sold products which will encourage a wider adoption of new users. I would also like to note the term "coin" would not be used in the name, everything down to the UI should eventually get a custom feel.  

Mining
In terms of mining I have no idea of the capabilities in terms of alternatives to CPU, GPU, FGPA & ASIC. The priority would be the ability to mine coins with as primitive hardware as possible, I like the idea of a custom USB to do the job for example. CPU mining would be fine but if some innovation in this area is possible I feel the project will really stand out, plus I want to bring new users who are not quite tech savy into the fold.

Hardware
I have been in many discussions about custom ASIC devices and so on, at the moment I feel it is very viable that custom units could be manufactured specifically for the new coin. These units will have to be very cheap, lower power etc in order to tie into the general ethos of easy mining for everyone.

Want to help?
All I need is coder/programmer/developer skills to make the necessary changes to existing code, or to develop new code which naturally would be the ideal solution. Those who have experience should give me a shout, even if just to discuss the posibilites, nothing is set in stone at this point.

I have no idea whether this is a one man job, regardless it would be great if I can put together a team which would add great features, experience and value to the project. Ideally a small group of around 5 people working on the core source code would be ideal.

Reward
Bounty is possible, if enough interest and specialty is attained I am sure I could get support from a variety of channels too, a joint collaboration would be preferred over freelance keeping the work consistent and easily manageable. As this is not intended as a pump & dump or get rich quick scheme working on this coin might not see the profits some would hope for but a positive reputation is key to the long term success. Smiley

If you are interested please also mention what you could bring to the table. Coding skills & experience is key, I can manage the design, promo, marketing, SEO, and web related areas of the project.

UK
I forgot to mention but I would really like to see some UK interest in the project too, the UK is lacking way behind when it comes to Cryptocurrency. Hopefully we can establish the coin within the UK, merchandise and other promo materials that I have experience producing might go a long way towards promoting the movement as a whole.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: