Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:06:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next crash  (Read 2759 times)
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:27:25 PM

There will be more icos in the future though. The market is just going to be sideways for a few months.
superskillz

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:10:05 PM

there is still the issue of ICOs and the vast amount of funds they have. that is a huge amount that was bought slowly and little by little by a lot of users in order to invest in these ICOs.
now it is in the form of a big fund in the pocket of one person (each ICO developer) and they will want money very soon. as soon as their funds are out of the lock down period they will start dumping.

Yep, because in the end, you can't use Eth to buy desks and pay rent. Everyone wants USD. America #1 ;-)

dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:12:56 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 06:13:07 PM by dissident

newest chart... nothing much has changed. I expect us to roll over and eventually correct to a level of $1500 on BTC or lower. I included a chart of the nasdaq in the image for comparison.  I have liquidated holdings and moved them to Gemini for now, since Gemini has generous deposit/withdraw limits in case I want to move funds back to poloniex. Sold everything except in Xtrabytes, PascalCoin, Ark, and some NEM.  The bubble burst at the point where the green arrow is. What we have now is the dead cat bounce.   It will take some months to shake out the weak hands, bleed out the excesses, and establish a nice base before we move again. It could take a couple of years..... the quicker we fall back down the faster we can get rid of the consolidation phase and establish a base, and the more profit that can be made for swing traders if we overshoot and dive down to say $750-1000 BTC. Smiley   It's worth noting the nasdaq pop back in 2000 was partly fueled by margin traders getting margin calls and being forced to sell. I'm not sure how much margin interest is in this current market... only the exchanges would know that.   The market depth on most coins on poloniex is quite bearish looking.. there's huge amounts of coin for sale with relatively little buyers. Eventually panic selling will occur where people trip over each other to try to find buyers... it's a game of musical chairs you know. It doesn't mean the tech is bad.. crypto is GREAT.. I LOVE IT!  The possibilities with blockchain tech are endless.

I want this plunge to occur.. but of course I would say that being 85% cash right now. If we base for a couple of years like we did after the 2013 bubble, it means being able to pick up cheap coin.. and the next bubble if it occurs in say 2018 or 2019, the market cap will make it up  to $250 Billion to $500 billion. The potential for people to become super rich is there if we let the free market do what the free market will. Enjoy the ride! In the meantime we can use the next couple of years to further enhance the blockchain technology and work on scalability, not just for the blockchain but for the exchanges now that we are dealing with serious money in a serious market... expect more integration between crypto and fiat such as coinbase is planning with fidelity. I'm looking forward to Pascalcoin and Xtrabytes in particular. Also HEAT has potential if they keep working at it. Lots of good projects out there now. I don't expect us to base much below about $40 Billion.. that's the number I'm shooting for.. if we go lower I'll buy hand over fist. If Pascal drops to $5M  or less I'm going to invest pretty heavily. Well onto the chart.....

thompshma

Activity: 342

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:42:33 PM

newest chart... nothing much has changed. I expect us to roll over and eventually correct to a level of $1500 on BTC or lower. I included a chart of the nasdaq in the image for comparison.  I have liquidated holdings and moved them to Gemini for now, since Gemini has generous deposit/withdraw limits in case I want to move funds back to poloniex except in Xtrabytes, PascalCoin, Ark, and some NEM.  The bubble burst at the point where the green arrow is. What we have now is the dead cat bounce.   It will take some months to shake out the weak hands, bleed out the excesses, and establish a nice base before we move again. It could take a couple of years..... the quicker we fall back down the faster we can get rid of the consolidation phase and establish a base, and the more profit that can be made for swing traders if we overshoot and dive down to say $750-1000 BTC. Smiley   It's worth noting the nasdaq pop back in 2000 was partly fueled by margin traders getting margin calls and being forced to sell. I'm not sure how much margin interest is in this current market... only the exchanges would know that.   The market depth on most coins on poloniex is quite bearish looking.. there's huge amounts of coin for sale with relatively little buyers. Eventually panic selling will occur where people trip over each other to try to find buyers... it's a game of musical chairs you know. It doesn't mean the tech is bad.. crypto is GREAT.. I LOVE IT!  The possibilities with blockchain tech are endless.

Kinda wish you weren't right.
wqqas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:34:19 PM

I am not optimistic. Last week ETH touched the support 200 USD. I think it will crash for the second time, it's matter of time and whether it will drop under 200 USD or not. And most of the coins will drop accordingly. Take care. What do you think?

I wouldn't touch ETH anytime soon to be honest. Their scaling problems are really concerning. I would look at ETC for a short term speculative move, since ETC does not suffer from the big scaling problem of ETH yet. Maybe UBQ, STRAT and other smart contract platforms are a good buy.

Agreed. The price of any altcoin including ETH will become stable when the price of btc becomes stable they will retain these prices +-10% and this rise and fall is part of the cryptos nothing to worry about or a collapse coming up
Alttrader203

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:48:41 PM

I am down 15% vs 36 hours ago

This bear market is hurting a lot, I hope it recovers somehow.

Not selling though. One lesson I learned: never sell when going down.

Alttrader203

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:57:58 PM

Btw, that tech analysis chart up there is just bullshit.

You can see end of may the trend line was also broken, instead of crashing we went to all time highs in a week.

Tech analysis is nice for trade trading, not for fundementals

Remember, just 0,5% of people with some sort of money and access to internet have actually coins.

99.5% is waiting to be introduced.
This cannot be a long consolidation. People will come in. More and more. Because they get 0% on savings and stock market is a gamble anyway. So why not gamble and not miss out?

The internet bubble has caused a crash of 1.755b$ only in the US (major market)
By comparison: we are ~100b now. If blockchain is the technilogy that will change manynlives, it is worth more than 100b, considering in that amount many user applications also exist. Bitcoin all ne has value as digital gold, all others are comparable to tech stocks.

So, we can as well grow to a 5x size before we crash.
bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:41:50 PM

I have yet to understand what is mean between 'corrections' and 'downtrend'?

correction is a re-adjustment of the price after volatility. downward trend is a devaluation of the currency.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:58:16 PM

I am down 15% vs 36 hours ago

This bear market is hurting a lot, I hope it recovers somehow.

Not selling though. One lesson I learned: never sell when going down.

One day you will learn that never sell is also can be wrong. Good luck with your investments
clardalan

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Bitcoin amateur learning by doing

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:53:07 PM

we are pretty low now. almost like a week ago the bigger crash. another 60$ down and we are there..

I just hate that I have all my money in crypto  Angry

I do believe this is where money should be, just do not like the pain  Embarrassed

Tip/donate
LTC: Lf44EehvMzoyjnWqbmsxugomAnRzKawXu
superskillz

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:17:11 PM

we are pretty low now. almost like a week ago the bigger crash. another 60$ down and we are there..

I just hate that I have all my money in crypto  Angry

I do believe this is where money should be, just do not like the pain  Embarrassed

To keep the market sustained, more money has to enter. I am not sure there is any catalyst in the short term. The biggest ICOs have happened, the news is done talking about Bitcoin and Ether, so what more is left? We need some new proof of crypto value and long term growth.

Personally, I am hopeful that the Wagerr team and BAT team both deliver working software in the next two months to help justify the continued investment in the cryptos.

HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:30:56 AM

Ethereum coin is very promising coin and I think this coin will increase more before the end of this year 2017 I hope the price of ethereum will be 1000 dollars and I think more investor will come in ethereum so the price will increase more. Ethereum I believe is the next bitcoin if bitcoin die. But I think it will take more years. But we dont know what will happen in ethereum in the future . But I hope the future will be good.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print