Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:10:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to install minergate miner in linux vps  (Read 2330 times)
satishmoun (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:13:23 AM

I have an aws linux vps when I tried to install minergate miner on vps using putty it says command not found.

anyone help me about this plz?
satishmoun (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:16:51 AM

Anyone?
GaryH

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:56:18 AM

guess you are trying to mine Monero/XMR?

https://github.com/skullgoth/monero-cpu-mining

Prerequisites:
root privileges
wget
ace24

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:59:45 AM

If apt-get isnt available, youre using the wrong OS.
peraspera

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:36:27 AM

minergate has compiled binaries of their miner for Linux 64bit (Ubuntu) deb version. You can either copy on the server & install that deb with:
sudo dpkg -i DEB_PACKAGE
or unpack the deb package and copy it to your server. You will find the executable there.
Please share what is your hash rate for xmr on VPS and how much you pay for it. I guess it will be wasted money unless you have a free vps.
satishmoun (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:59:45 PM

minergate has compiled binaries of their miner for Linux 64bit (Ubuntu) deb version. You can either copy on the server & install that deb with:
sudo dpkg -i DEB_PACKAGE
or unpack the deb package and copy it to your server. You will find the executable there.
Please share what is your hash rate for xmr on VPS and how much you pay for it. I guess it will be wasted money unless you have a free vps.
can you share some screenshots of how to install it?
Its a free vps btw.
modzer0

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:29:06 PM

What Linux distribution is the VPS running? You can try running "lsb_release -a" and send us the output.

You will also need root access to install software with apt-get, dpkg, or whatever. Do you have root access? Try running "sudo -s" and see if you can get a root shell.

Finally, do the VPS's terms of use allow you to run a miner? Most VPSs, especially free or cheap ones, don't permit high CPU usage for long periods of time. Many will even kill or restart your VPS if the CPU usage is too high for too long, which means you won't end up mining much. You may want to check the provider's terms of use to see if this is even allowed before you get much further into it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: